got to be honest

AUinVA

Does ND have any pass defense. You have to be able to hang with the receivers on SC to even come close to winning and I have not watched one ND game. Do they have any defense at all. May the lord be with them this saturday.

the secondary is sieve like. they gave up 5 passing touchdowns to pitt in the last game. they rank 107th out of 117 nationally. however, at least we know, if they can slow sc down in pass defense then they have a great chance at the upset. they are 11th nationally against the run.

on offense, they are balanced, but that may not be a good thing. they at 47th in passing (it is a ball control passing game though which is good for wasting clock) and in the low 70s in rushing (although that's how they score, 16 rushing touchdowns this year). they score 26 a game and give up 21 a game. so throw out an extra hail mary mother of grace or even a Lord's prayer on saturday. we're going to need it.

no no, no negativity. they have the magic of the upset this year (ask meeeeeechigan and ut). stir the echoes and all that, go irish!

They really, really suck. Living in Chicago, I have seen them play a couple of times this year. I have no idea how they beat Michigan or UT, even with UT's injuries. They would be about where Arkansas is in the SEC.

I've seen the Irish play 3-4 times. The best I can say is they really seem to be prepared for the big games (Michigan, Tennessee) on the road; I have no explanation for the BYU game. I think ND will be prepared and can win the game if they don't fall behind early. They hung close with Michigan and executed when the game was on the line in the fourth quarter.

Clearly, USC has more talent and speed, but ND has played more tough games, particularly on the road. USC really hasn't been challenged in more than a month. If USC thinks the game will be a cakewalk, then the Tigers will be facing the Sooners in the Orange Bowl.

I would expect a close game with USC coming from behind in the final minutes to win by a narrow margin, 17-13.

my take on notre dame football (2004):

go to an amusment park and watch a roller coaster.

war golden domers!

und 35

usc 28

Archived