Trovon Reed

WeagleTheBeagle

Indeed, glad to see him deliver on a much needed play.

I hate to say it but I was shocked when he made that catch. I am glad he did and that his perseverance finally payed off.

Yes. Reed has dropped a good many balls in his career. But that catch was clutch in AU winning the game. I'm glad he did! War Eagle!

I absolutely almost spilled my drink when I saw that. You know we're clicking when this sort of thing happens. Good for Reed.

Actually, Trovon Reed is statistically our most consistent receiver this season even though he's rarely been thrown too. Here's the stats going into the SECCG:

Receiving Corps

Wide Receiver

Sammie Coates (6'2, 201, So.): 64 targets, 32 catches (50%), 747 yards (11.7 per target), 6 TD

Melvin Ray (6'3, 213, So.): 7 targets, 4 catches (57%), 58 yards (8.3)

Wide Receiver

Quan Bray (5'10, 186, Jr.): 27 targets, 20 catches (74%), 191 yards (7.1), 3 TD

Ricardo Louis (6'2, 215, So.): 39 targets, 25 catches (64%), 290 yards (7.4), 2 TD

Wide Receiver

Marcus Davis (5'9, 176, Fr.): 30 targets, 22 catches (73%), 191 yards (6.4), 1 TD

Trovon Reed (6'0, 190, Jr.): 9 targets, 8 catches (89%), 75 yards (8.3)

Tight End

C.J. Uzomah (6'4, 258, Jr.): 16 targets, 9 catches (56%), 146 yards (9.1), 3 TD

Brandon Fulse (6'4, 263, Jr.): 4 targets, 1 catch (25%), 5 yards (1.3)

Heard D. Craig's interview on AU network and he said he was so happy for Trovon and after he dropped that ball against UGA he had tears in his eyes. He said before the last two games he had tears in his eyes. He needed that and deserved it. Guys like Trovon are a good story of the up and down emotions that we've Ll been through but his is personal and I'm glad he knows he was a part of our team of destiny

For some reason, TR hasn't been the same since his freshman year injury. Before that, he had a very bright future. What a shame. Glad to see him get a little recognition.

Despite his size, he's a hell of a blocker too. I know his career hasn't turned out like folks thought it would (or like he thought it would), but he's worked his tail off for Auburn. I'm glad he'll be back next year.

Despite his size, he's a hell of a blocker too. I know his career hasn't turned out like folks thought it would (or like he thought it would), but he's worked his tail off for Auburn. I'm glad he'll be back next year.

Amen.

Also, he's never been in a remotely decent pass offense. He's in an amazing offense now, but nobody's going to confuse it for a passing offense.

Trovon got lit up on his only drop this year, so it's understandable. And I agree, his injury seems to have robbed him of the explosiveness that made him look so special before. Cam was very impressed with Reed when throwing to him in practice prior to the injury.

Actually, Trovon Reed is statistically our most consistent receiver this season even though he's rarely been thrown too. Here's the stats going into the SECCG:

Receiving Corps

Wide Receiver

Sammie Coates (6'2, 201, So.): 64 targets, 32 catches (50%), 747 yards (11.7 per target), 6 TD

Melvin Ray (6'3, 213, So.): 7 targets, 4 catches (57%), 58 yards (8.3)

Wide Receiver

Quan Bray (5'10, 186, Jr.): 27 targets, 20 catches (74%), 191 yards (7.1), 3 TD

Ricardo Louis (6'2, 215, So.): 39 targets, 25 catches (64%), 290 yards (7.4), 2 TD

Wide Receiver

Marcus Davis (5'9, 176, Fr.): 30 targets, 22 catches (73%), 191 yards (6.4), 1 TD

Trovon Reed (6'0, 190, Jr.): 9 targets, 8 catches (89%), 75 yards (8.3)

Tight End

C.J. Uzomah (6'4, 258, Jr.): 16 targets, 9 catches (56%), 146 yards (9.1), 3 TD

Brandon Fulse (6'4, 263, Jr.): 4 targets, 1 catch (25%), 5 yards (1.3)

I love this targeting data! Where can you find such cool info?

Biggest bust in recent memory, five stars, one touchdown.

Westerman. 5 star couldn't earn a start when we weren't that good on the o line last year

Anybody who thinks he is a bust hasn't looked at his total game. He has done a great job of blocking on a running team. He will surprise people next year when he catches a whole lot more passes.

What's your football pedigree? It's so easy to criticize these young men who lay their bodies on the line for our enjoyment. To even have the honor of 5 stars behind his name is a great achievement. Be careful with critiquing shortcomings. You could be in that line one day.

I agree that was a very difficult catch. That play and the TD catch by Coates were clutch and critical. Hope we get WR play like that in championship game.

Freshman Marcus Davis has made some critical catches in situations where Reed might have been expected to be on the field. Maybe it's just taken this long for Reed's "light" to come on?

Be that as it may, that was a super catch by Reed at a critical time in the game. Kudos.

What's your football pedigree? It's so easy to criticize these young men who lay their bodies on the line for our enjoyment. To even have the honor of 5 stars behind his name is a great achievement. Be careful with critiquing shortcomings. You could be in that line one day.

Reed is unacceptable, obviously chizik didn't figure that out and Malzahn did. Marcus Davis outplayed him from the first pass attempted, and already has better numbers. A blind man can tell he's not a starting wide recievee in the sec.

Archived