Next Year Schedule

Tiger4life25

Just putting this out there of the schedule next year that I found on rivals page. Interesting schedule and looking forward to recruiting, upcoming spring, two a days, then season Should be a very good year if everything comes together like it should.

2014 AUBURN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 30 ARKANSAS AUBURN

Sept. 6 SAN JOSE STATE AUBURN

Sept. 13 ** Open Date **

Sept. 20 at Kansas State Manhattan, KS

Sept. 27 LOUISIANA TECH AUBURN

Oct. 4 LSU AUBURN

Oct. 11 at Mississippi State Starkville, MS

Oct. 18 ** Open Date **

Oct. 25 SOUTH CAROLINA AUBURN

Nov. 1 at Ole Miss Oxford, MS

Nov. 8 TEXAS A&M AUBURN

Nov. 15 at Georgia Athens, GA

Nov. 22 SAMFORD AUBURN

Nov. 29 at Alabama Tuscaloosa, AL

That 6 game stretch at the end will be very tough, having SEC team first game of the year scares me too even though it is Arky. I like hearing we have maybe 6 early enrollees this year to shore up some week spots.

It will interesting if there will be a true QB battle and how CGM will handle it.

That 6 game stretch at the end will be very tough, having SEC team first game of the year scares me too even though it is Arky. I like hearing we have maybe 6 early enrollees this year to shore up some week spots.

Considering the amount of starters we have returning, what is it that concerns you about an SEC opener?

Guest jojo1515

Wow. Thats just soooooo not right. We get USCe and Ga (2 of the top 3 in the east) while LSU gets Fl and Ky (2 of the worst 3 teams in the east) and bama Fl and Tn (2 of the worst 3 teams in the east). Something just isnt right there.

Wow. Thats just soooooo not right. We get USCe and Ga (2 of the top 3 in the east) while LSU gets Fl and Ky (2 of the worst 3 teams in the east) and bama Fl and Tn (2 of the worst 3 teams in the east). Something just isnt right there.

You'll be surprised how good Tennessee and Florida are next year. I'd rather play USCe (without clownery and Shawshank) than Tennessee.

Considering the amount of starters we have returning, what is it that concerns you about an SEC opener?

Agree,,,,this is not like 2013 where Gus was trying to find starters a couple weeks before the first game. Arky at AU...should be a great way to kick off the season.

That schedule doesn't look as daunting to me as did the 2013 schedule going into it. I don't see any team on there that I don't think Auburn is not capable of beating. The two toughest games are GA and AL on the road. But we're in the SEC and no one gets a completely free pass in the SEC. LSU, A&M, and SC at home look promising.

A game tht I think will be tough in there is Ole Miss in Oxford. I think they'll likely be pretty good next year.

Just having an SEC opener for one thing and good or not for the opening game arky plays a very physical type of game

I wouldn't sleep on the Mississippi teams either, both of those games have trap game written all over it. I think A&M takes a step back for a year. LSU will be hard to predict because they are losing a ton on offense yet they always seem to be good. Georgia will probably be what they always are, a pre-season trendy pick to be really good and then end up somewhere around 15 because Richt underachieves yet does enough to keep his job. South Carolina loses their QB and a ton on defense, and Spurier has never stopped the Gus offense. Alabama will probably be our toughest game again and should be a classic Iron Bowl, but they lose AJ and some other key guys too.

It will be interesting to see how we respond next year. I'm very excited about our talent and what we could achieve, but now we are going to have expectations. Will this team be able to go to Starkville, and Oxford, and Kansas, and handle teams that we should be better than. I probably shouldn't say this because some people will take it the wrong way, but losing that game last night might not be the worst thing if you are merely looking at next year. Now I might cut off my left pinky toe if we could go back and win that game, because the goal is to win championships. But strictly looking at the possibilities for next year, last night's game is going to make this team want to run through a brick wall in 2014.

Also something to keep in mind... With the new system a loss isn't going to hurt as much so we could most likely lose a game and maybe even two games and still get into the playoff.

I am also excited about next year. I think the offense will once again be tough to stop, even without GR and TM, although I wish both were coming back. But I really want to see some improvement on defense. If the defense can be half as good as the offense, you might just have to outlaw this team.

I wouldn't sleep on the Mississippi teams either, both of those games have trap game written all over it. I think A&M takes a step back for a year. LSU will be hard to predict because they are losing a ton on offense yet they always seem to be good. Georgia will probably be what they always are, a pre-season trendy pick to be really good and then end up somewhere around 15 because Richt underachieves yet does enough to keep his job. South Carolina loses their QB and a ton on defense, and Spurier has never stopped the Gus offense. Alabama will probably be our toughest game again and should be a classic Iron Bowl, but they lose AJ and some other key guys too.

It will be interesting to see how we respond next year. I'm very excited about our talent and what we could achieve, but now we are going to have expectations. Will this team be able to go to Starkville, and Oxford, and Kansas, and handle teams that we should be better than. I probably shouldn't say this because some people will take it the wrong way, but losing that game last night might not be the worst thing if you are merely looking at next year. Now I might cut off my left pinky toe if we could go back and win that game, because the goal is to win championships. But strictly looking at the possibilities for next year, last night's game is going to make this team want to run through a brick wall in 2014.

Also something to keep in mind... With the new system a loss isn't going to hurt as much so we could most likely lose a game and maybe even two games and still get into the playoff.

Agreed

Can anybody explain why we have gone to playing both UGA and bama at home or away in the same season?

Due to the fact that we now have 14 SEC teams, and insist on an 8 game conference schedule. 9 would prevent this. Or at least that what the math scheduling gurus tell us. I don't even try to understand it. I think 9 is a reality coming very soon. Not sure how I feel about it either way...

I no longer insist, or have any special warm fuzzies on playing UGA late in the season. I'd suggest switching SCAR, and UGA.

Perhaps everyone in the SEC should play their permanent divisional rival the last weekend in OCT. SEC would own that weekend for TV purposes. Not that they don't own many weekends anyways.

Can anybody explain why we have gone to playing both UGA and bama at home or away in the same season?

I believe it has to do with the scheduling issues that came from A&M and Missouri coming into the league. I think it will go back to normal next year. We played UGA at home in '12 and '13. We will play at UGA in '14 and '15.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I believe it has to do with the scheduling issues that came from A&M and Missouri coming into the league. I think it will go back to normal next year. We played UGA at home in '12 and '13. We will play at UGA in '14 and '15.

I would think "normal" would be to play them at home again in Nov of 2014. Since we always play UGA at home when we play bama on the road. I thought when they first mentioned it that this was the scenario.

Spurrier loses his QB and best defender plus a boatload of other critical players with unprovens replacing them (and it remains to be seen if their RB can come back from that gruesome injury against Mizzou). Georgia, aTm and Bama lose QBs critical to their offenses (yeah they have good RBs, blah, blah). IMHO Miss State will be a real test for us (again). Kansas State, returning most players, looked mighty good in their bowl game and LSU will be the team to beat (besides us) by far in the SEC next year. Because we're playing them on the road and they both have chips on their shoulders from losing to us this year, UGA & Bama are tough but winnable. An Auburn/Mizzou rematch is not unlikely.

Wet rag Debbie Downer here sees a significant, but not huge, improvement in our current mostly true frosh D but most importantly, I think we'll all be initially dismayed (later elated) to see alternating QBs from Gus that will pay HUGE dividends (adds yet another wrinkle for Ds to deal with) but with it will come growing pains from JJ. Nick's not beefy enough to keep taking head on beatings, don't be surprised if he's injured...again...in 2014. 10 wins in 2014. The unknown will be our growing crop of WR talent...how much will Gus tap into them? Exciting stuff!

The East is a boat race. Auburn is the front runner to win the west, and Bama and LSU will play for second. If Johnny Football comes back he could probably tote that team for a second place finish.

I would think "normal" would be to play them at home again in Nov of 2014. Since we always play UGA at home when we play bama on the road. I thought when they first mentioned it that this was the scenario.

Sorry. I guess I have already moved on to the 2014 season. By 'next year' I meant 2015 season, Bama at home and UGA on the road.

Of all the SEC teams we play, I can't think of another offense I'd much rather prepare for on the first game of the season than Arkansas'.

Archived