Question about SEC and bowls

BamaGrad03

I think the SEC might be poised for another near sweep in the bowls this year. What do you guys think? Also, how are the matchups shaping up?

I know UF will be in the Gator, but who will they play?

Bama will probably play Minnesota in the MCB. We just beat their bball team, may as well smack down their football team too.

LSU going to the cotton to play?.....I dont know, but I dont think any non sec school wants any part of LSU's defense right now.

I heard some guy on espn this morning say Texas vs Louisville would be a great matchup because UL has the best O in the nation and texas has the best defense. I almost puked up my cheerios after that. UT's defense doesnt compare to AU, LSU, or Bama's IMO.

I have no doubts about AU winning their game against ANY ACC team. thought they were supposed to be the new SUPER football league?...oh well, they are used to their mantra 'wait till bball season'...guess nobody told that to Santa Clara before they waxed UNC on the hard wood (doh!)

Will Georgia or UT go to the Capital one bowl? The other will go to the Outback Im assuming.

So....5-1 maybe?

Looks like you guys will be playing Minnesota in the Music City Bowl.

SEC

Auburn vs. Miami - Sugar

Wisconsin vs. Georgia - Outback

Texas vs. Tennessee - Cotton

Iowa vs. LSU - Capital One

Virginia Tech vs. Florida - Peach

Two of interest.

Louisville vs. Boise St* - Liberty I think Louisville beats them big time!

UAB vs. Troy* - Hawaii Will UAB sell more than 100 tickets?

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Bo...Projections.htm

Looks like you guys will be playing Minnesota in the Music City Bowl.  

SEC

Auburn vs. Miami - Sugar

Wisconsin vs. Georgia - Outback

Texas vs. Tennessee  - Cotton

Iowa  vs. LSU - Capital One

Virginia Tech vs. Florida - Peach

Two of interest.

Louisville  vs. Boise St* - Liberty  I think Louisville beats them big time!

UAB  vs.  Troy* - Hawaii  Will UAB sell more than 100 tickets?

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Bo...Projections.htm

127060[/snapback]

Hopefully VA Tech beats Miami's sorry arse...and we play VA TECH in the Sugar...or Utah. I don't want to play Miami...I hate them and we have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing them. :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major
I think the SEC might be poised for another near sweep in the bowls this year. What do you guys think? Also, how are the matchups shaping up?

I know UF will be in the Gator, but who will they play?

Bama will probably play Minnesota in the MCB. We just beat their bball team, may as well smack down their football team too.

LSU going to the cotton to play?.....I dont know, but I dont think any non sec school wants any part of LSU's defense right now.

I heard some guy on espn this morning say Texas vs Louisville would be a great matchup because UL has the best O in the nation and texas has the best defense. I almost puked up my cheerios after that. UT's defense doesnt compare to AU, LSU, or Bama's IMO.

I have no doubts about AU winning their game against ANY ACC team. thought they were supposed to be the new SUPER football league?...oh well, they are used to their mantra 'wait till bball season'...guess nobody told that to Santa Clara before they waxed UNC on the hard wood (doh!)

Will Georgia or UT go to the Capital one bowl? The other will go to the Outback Im assuming.

So....5-1 maybe?

127050[/snapback]

The bowl picture will not be clear until things shake out this weekend, but let's assume that all the favorites win. That leaves the SEC bowl picture looking something like this:

Sugar - Auburn vs. Miami (won't be Utah, the Fiesta wants them too badly for ticket purposes)

Cotton - LSU vs. Texas

Capital One - UT vs. Iowa

Outback - UGA vs. Wisconsin

Peach - Florida vs. Va Tech

Music City - Alabama vs. Minnesota

Not a bad lineup. I think most of the games will be competitive. But the SEC should win most of these games. Iowa vs. UT would be the biggest chance for the SEC to fall and a lot of that depends on if Ainge is back. Minnesota's strength is running the football, which falls into Alabama's strentgh. Va Tech is hot and they and Miami will probably flipflop. Florida needs to play with emotion in order to win. UGA will win, no matter who they play.

We will play Wisconsin in the Outback.

Greene says his hand will be 100%....he won't be.

Shockley sucks.....and I am scared half to death about him/next year.

I would never bet on UGA just winning.

I think we beat UW but in a 20-19 type game.

My biggest concern with Auburn going to the Sugar Bowl is that we play flat. Of course we would be dissapointed with not going to the Orange and maybe not playing our best against Miami or Va. Tech. We lose that game and then all Pollsters say "See We Told You so". But hey I haven't given up on the Orange yet.

i've said this before, but the only team i see losing in bowl season is tennessee. they pull the toughest out, and they just haven't played well defensively. the good news for them (assuming we beat them) is that texas isn't a chuck-n-duck offense like uk or vandy which hurt them bad. if they can buck up and slow down benson, they'll have a shot at least.

i think lsu could beat michigan so i definitely think they'll get iowa (although kirk ferentz is a wild card... great coach with lots of time). uga with greene beats any team in the big ten, w/o him... ouch babe. uf could come out and whip whomever they play. they are good enough to do it, but they'll have a lameduck coach running the show. that's never helpful. bama's defense should be too much for a strictly running team like minnesota. i'll take us against anyone we play.

Archived