Next Year's Recruiting Class Rollovers

trout54

Sorry guys, but I didn't see anywhere this has been asked. If our class finishes as we stand right now, how many can we take next year that will count back to this class? This could set up well for us, considering the high regards the 2015 class is getting. Answers or thoughts?

Make that 30 after Andrew Williams' pledge. Five of those have to be early entrants in order to count back.

Make that 30 after Andrew Williams' pledge. Five of those have to be early entrants in order to count back.

Jason Smith should be one of those. That's a heckuva nice EE right off the bat, and we got 3 this season- Gus's first full recruiting cycle. 5 EEs should be doable next year.

That agrees with my numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pick up another recruit or two before the day or week is out, depending on if there's one who was waiting for us and is still waiting. The Fields kid from Daphne comes to mind, though he may have signed elsewhere by now.

Sounds about right. Guess my question is will the staff offer Parks a scholarship for the '15 season.

Sounds about right. Guess my question is will the staff offer Parks a scholarship for the '15 season.

Gotta think that's up to Parks, right?

Here's my guess about Parks: Players can sign for the 2014 year up until May 29 and the Auburn Spring semester gets over a few days before that. I think if Parks does well in Spring practice and Winter workouts, does well in the classroom and does well in the deportment area he'll be signed and put on scholarship May 29 or shortly before that date. We do have plenty of room. That opinion and a dollar will buy you a small coffee somewhere.

Here's my guess about Parks: Players can sign for the 2014 year up until May 29 and the Auburn Spring semester gets over a few days before that. I think if Parks does well in Spring practice and Winter workouts, does well in the classroom and does well in the deportment area he'll be signed and put on scholarship May 29 or shortly before that date. We do have plenty of room. That opinion and a dollar will buy you a small coffee somewhere.

Really good point, Mikey. I think because of things like that we will more than likely end up signing in the neighborhood of 27-28 tops next year...although I suppose a lot could happen in the next 364 days.

As I posted on another thread there is one more thing that can affect our 25 number for this and next year. If the Texas Tech transfer Chase Robison gets a scholly this semester as was reported to be expected , he counts to the 25 initial counter limit for 2014. That will put us at 21 for 2014 and would result in 4 EEs from 2015 being able to count back to 2014. If he gets a scholly this summer, fall, or next January then he can be 1 of 5 that can count back to 2014.

In case anyone is wondering this has already happened with the new rule. Corey Grants transferred as a walk on. Since he was given a scholly before he finished 2 years at Auburn he had to count on a 25 initial counter list when he was put on scholly which I believe was the 2012..

I am not sure Mikey is right on Ricky. I have not seen any rules about a kid actually being on scholly, going to a juco for a semester, then coming back to the original school getting a scholly as to whether he have to count as an initial counter a second time for that school. If Mikey is right and Chase gets a scholly by next Spring then you are look at 28 as the max number of other players we can sign in 2015.

wow, these coaches are really doing a great job with the numbers on scholarship. This cements the trust I have for the coaches. Very thankful for Gus and the whole staff. Looking forward to see who he gets to replace the staff who left. Any ideas from anyone, local or national guys?

I'm not sure awarding Parks a scholarship after this semester would count against the 25 signing limit. Just against the 85 limit.

Can you say why it wouldn't? He'd be signing during the signing period, which lasts until May 29th. If he signs next January as an Early Enrolee he'd count back on this class anyway, so same difference except we pay his way through the summer.

If he's added and would count against the 85 limit, then he about has to count on this year's 25. That's my thinking. If you know of a loophole, please explain as I do try to keep current.

I'm not sure awarding Parks a scholarship after this semester would count against the 25 signing limit. Just against the 85 limit.

Can you say why it wouldn't? He'd be signing during the signing period, which lasts until May 29th. If he signs next January as an Early Enrolee he'd count back on this class anyway, so same difference except we pay his way through the summer.

If he's added and would count against the 85 limit, then he about has to count on this year's 25. That's my thinking. If you know of a loophole, please explain as I do try to keep current.

Do any of the other walkons awarded scholarships count against a signing class, like Van Gorder?

Do any of the other walkons awarded scholarships count against a signing class, like Van Gorder?

They do not if they are "upper classmen", kids who have been on campus over two years and completed whatever number of class hours are required. I don't know specific numbers, but normally the walkons awarded scholarships in the fall qualify for this and don't count against the 25 limit.

My thought is that Parks can't qualify as an upper classman since he'll have three years of eligibility left.

Archived