New Day cont.

AU Ivory_dealer

If we didn't have recruiting info and participation that we are allowed to have today, think about this. If you woke up this morning but you didn't know any of our signees or their names and positions, would you think after watching each of their films, read their stats and measurables? It would be a shock after each read, it would make you think wow how far have we come in styles of recruiting character and class as well as extreme football motors with great work ethics to get them to their unbelievable progress this early in the go for them. All classes signed all around college football have great young men but all classes don't pan out. See the last 5 years and more if you dig. Recruiting foul ups transferred over to the field in many ways for Tubbs and Chizik.

Gus has shown zero signs of recruiting the wrong men to represent the attitude of the next atmosphere for our team and its next class. Let the recruiting games be tastelessly played by young men that are ready for the attention before it has been earned (on the college stage) For every one we miss on we have the equivelant to a missed recruit on our roster. He may be a junior or a senior but we have a fully trained athlete that is SEC ready compared to a young man that has not stepped on the field. We will get Auburn men and those who waiver will not be missed. But positions will be filled by a player we want that wants Auburn just as bad. They do exist and we got a great number of them this year. Braden Smih is a great example of a young man that didnt have to grow up knowing Auburn to know that is a place for him that will keep giving for years to come.

As far as Evans and a recruit from UA with an AU tattoo on his arm bonding together, later to find out that helped him with his desicion. In most all situations, craziness can have craziness. I'll take stability with good strong minds any day. That won an SEC championship against what was supposed to be one of the toughest class of SEC west teams in a long time this year. I'm very happy to be pulling for this Auburn team more than most I've experienced because you can tell they are learning from the mistakes of the last and from small mistakes of the present. We will not play games and future recruits will shut down their recruitment like most o these fine young Auburn men we have today did this year. Wow to them.

Now repost this lurkers ;)/>

WarDamnEagle '14

Great post. I guess to some extent it is just human nature to lament the ones that get away over the ones you actually got. The fish that jumped off your hook always look bigger than the ones in your cooler.

When we look at the class and interviews of the players that chose AU I am very proud. Well spoken young men with a purpose and desire. I think we have several natural leaders in the group that other players will follow. These young men will work hard for Gus and staff and make some mighty contributions over the next 4-5 years as we win more championships.

Great post. I guess to some extent it is just human nature to lament the ones that get away over the ones you actually got. The fish that jumped off your hook always look bigger than the ones in your cooler.

When we look at the class and interviews of the players that chose AU I am very proud. Well spoken young men with a purpose and desire. I think we have several natural leaders in the group that other players will follow. These young men will work hard for Gus and staff and make some mighty contributions over the next 4-5 years as we win more championships.

Lament the one that got away....maybe? ...but if so, I lament it for about a half hour and then move on....like the mafia don's comment about his wayward son....''alas, he's dead to me now" and that's the way I see it.

Otherwise, I'm 100% with the rest of your comment. A good looking group of guys who seem genuinely happy to coming to AU.

Archived