Byrnes HS (S.C.) HC Bobby Bentley to join Auburn FB Staff

metafour

If his son goes to Auburn High he won't sign with AU anyways. ;)/>

I could be incorrect but I believe he may enroll at OHS

This is correct. Per my source (well connected source) he will go to school at Opelika High. Mods, PM me if you need more info on my source.

I'm curious how you could know that already. Has he bought a house yet? How do you know which school district he will live in?

If this is true, is it some kind of retribution against the AHS coach for his role in the Rashaan Evans saga?

Was the coach a part of that whole sordid mess? I was under the impression that it was all RE and AE responsible.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone may have already approached this topic, but with this hire, does this mean CGM is setting up for the departure of Lashlee after next season? And Bentley take over at OC? Or do we have Coach Lashlee for a couple more years?

Someone may have already approached this topic, but with this hire, does this mean CGM is setting up for the departure of Lashlee after next season? And Bentley take over at OC? Or do we have Coach Lashlee for a couple more years?

Since this is an off-field analyst position, I seriously doubt he's being groomed to be our OC after one season. More likely giving him D1 experience so he can get a job elsewhere.

I would think it more likely that DC would take over. His title is co OC so that is probably what Gus has in mind if Lashlee gets a head coach job.

This is correct. Per my source (well connected source) he will go to school at Opelika High. Mods, PM me if you need more info on my source.

I'm curious how you could know that already. Has he bought a house yet? How do you know which school district he will live in?

If this is true, is it some kind of retribution against the AHS coach for his role in the Rashaan Evans saga?

Can't remember where I saw it (likely 247), but I also saw an article saying he'd enroll at Opelika high.

While Alan Evans had a lot to do with the RE decision, if I remember correctly one coach at Auburn high in particular was pushing RE to Bama as well

One thing you can take to the bank...the Bentley family, and Coach Bentley in particular, is serious about football and they are not going to become a part of some circus and / or let some HS coach or assistant influence where their son goes to college.

The son may or may not come to Auburn in future years but nobody at AUHS or OHS is going to have any impact on the decision.

One thing you can take to the bank...the Bentley family, and Coach Bentley in particular, is serious about football and they are not going to become a part of some circus and / or let some HS coach or assistant influence where their son goes to college.

The son may or may not come to Auburn in future years but nobody at AUHS or OHS is going to have any impact on the decision.

Yep. Gus is serious, and will surround himself with same.

Can't remember where I saw it (likely 247), but I also saw an article saying he'd enroll at Opelika high.

While Alan Evans had a lot to do with the RE decision, if I remember correctly one coach at Auburn high in particular was pushing RE to Bama as well

Taxes are also lower in the city of Opelika than they are in the city of Auburn. I don't know anything about why, I just know that he is planning on going to Opelika High for High School.

As Tivo48 pointed out, this may actually be better for us, as one or more of the Auburn High coaches are Bama fans, and they have been known to push kids toward Alabama. I think RE was even quoted as saying something like that.

I don't think it matters if the coaches at AHS pushed the kids to AU or not. Not many 18 years old want to go to college less than two miles from where they went to high school. It's natural to want to go to college someplace different in my opinion. I think we will always have trouble recruiting from the AHS football program.

I suspect the Bentleys probably found a house in that district and like the school/coaching staff. I doubt there is anything Machiavellian going on here.

I suspect the Bentleys probably found a house in that district and like the school/coaching staff. I doubt there is anything Machiavellian going on here.

You can bet these guys are not on the same pay scale that field coaches are on....have to be a lot more careful with their money.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for this, but is Bobby Bentley still on Auburn's staff? When I go to the AU site and see the staff, he is not listed anywhere. Hoping he is still here. He is not listed under coaching staff or support staff.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/m-footbl-coaches.html

Sorry for this, but is Bobby Bentley still on Auburn's staff? When I go to the AU site and see the staff, he is not listed anywhere. Hoping he is still here. He is not listed under coaching staff or support staff.

http://www.auburntig...bl-coaches.html

If I'm not mistaken he took an on field job somewhere. I can't recall what or where but he's gone from Auburn.

Gus continues to mold the team with a vision of how he wants to identify and develop talent both on the coaching and player level.

Gonna be interesting for a few years. :popcorn:

Don't forget building a new cradle of coaching with assistants, GA's and others moving into the ranks at other institutions over the next few years is just as important to Auburn's profile of success on the field. Both will feed off each other IMO

Yep. He passed away last April.

Archived