Women's Softball

It's great that the team is getting the job done against the easier part of the schedule, but nonetheless, this team does look better than it did last year. It's obvious that the teaching of Coach Myers and the staff is making a difference.

The schedule gets a lot tougher this week. We host Florida State on Wednesday and play in a tournament at Disney this weekend, which includes Oregon. I think this tournament is great to help us prepare for SEC play starting with LSU in two weeks. War Eagle, ladies (and Coach Myers)!

• 2 weeks later...

Mods....all the women's sports are buried in the general category of "other"...could it be possible to have at least have a heading for the major female sports....basketball, softball or something like that?

It's tough to find a place to initiate a topic on softball and basketball which are their major sports that seem to have a following on this board...and then a new topic or just a comment get's buried after a comment or two.

Just a thought.

Mods....all the women's sports are buried in the general category of "other"...could it be possible to have at least have a heading for the major female sports....basketball, softball or something like that?

It's tough to find a place to initiate a topic on softball and basketball which are their major sports that seem to have a following on this board...and then a new topic or just a comment get's buried after a comment or two.

Just a thought.

Actually they aren't all buried there. Every women's basketball game thread is in the basketball forum. Only softball and what I refer to as Olympic type sports are in the other AU sports forums. Perhaps we could rename the AU BASEBALL forum to AU Baseball and Softball to expand it a bit. I'll make the suggestion to the powers that be.

Just a thought.

Actually they aren't all buried there. Every women's basketball game thread is in the basketball forum. Only softball and what I refer to as Olympic type sports are in the other AU sports forums. Perhaps we could rename the AU BASEBALL forum to AU Baseball and Softball to expand it a bit. I'll make the suggestion to the powers that be.

Thanks...was thinking of a sub-topic like you have in football for media and rivals. Would not add more boxes to the page but would give quick access to the topics and not have them mixed in with the men's sports.

Just a thought.

And while you're at it may Soccer have it's own category, preferably above football where it belongs? (Serious, albeit not bitter). ;) Canadian Football and Curling deserve their own categories too but that's just the Canuck talking.

War Eagle Softball!

Auburn got two complete game (5 innings) SHUTOUTS AND NO HITTERS today in wins over Radford (9-0) and IPFW (10-0). Auburn hit 3 home runs in the 2nd game tonight and one in the first game. Auburn has 38 (if my counting is correct) home runs through 27 games this season. Last season, Auburn had 32 home runs in 53 games. This team is very fun to watch. I have no doubts that Myers will bring us a National Title in softball very soon.

Rockin and Rollin! Coach Meyers is getting it done with this group.

I read your game reports and they are very much appreciated. I guess you just left out the plays where we had a runner already in scoring position and tried to bunt that runner to 3rd and killed our chances at a big inning? Oh, wait...wrong field! :)

I read your game reports and they are very much appreciated. I guess you just left out the plays where we had a runner already in scoring position and tried to bunt that runner to 3rd and killed our chances at a big inning? Oh, wait...wrong field! :)

:laugh:

Archived