2015 4* OG Marquel Harrell commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaleb Kim is probably all UGA anyway right?

I doubt that, and if I am right this guy is a guard, and projected to play that too. Should have no effect on Kim.

We are recruiting Kim at Guard. Kim is a take. Harrell may be a take if we take a second Guard or take him as a Center

Are we recruiting any centers or is the plan likely to involve moving one of the guards to that spot in the future? Dampeer played well on Saturday but who is behind him for 2015....maybe a guy like this?

Dallas Warmack was #1 on our center board for this class.

Are we going to take his commitment?

He said he talked to coach Grimes before giving his verbal, so I assume after the convo with Gus yes.

Gus has to talk to every player before they take a commitment. That has not happened yet.

Very odd and unexpected. Most analysists had him as a Vol given the info that was out there. Maybe bc he hadn't spoken to Gus, IDK.

Are we recruiting any centers or is the plan likely to involve moving one of the guards to that spot in the future? Dampeer played well on Saturday but who is behind him for 2015....maybe a guy like this?

How probable is Dallas Warmack to AU? Seems like a long shot with his family history.

How probable is Dallas Warmack to AU? Seems like a long shot with his family history.

He is a longshot but his interest at least seems to be real given he has visited AU 4 times.

He is a longshot but his interest at least seems to be real given he has visited AU 4 times.

This is true. You never know how things turn out. Cyrus didn't want that other school but mama wouldn't allow anything else. ;)

Good grief what are they feeding these kids?????

I guess I should know, my 12 year old is 5'7.5" and 180 lbs. and wears an 11.5 shoe. Strapped on the headgear for spring football today!

I like this commitment. A kid from an excellent high school program who has a great frame the coaches can train. Auburn is quickly developing a program that will not have to depend on putting OL recruits immediately out of high school into the rotation. I can imagine that after two or three years, this young man can transform his body into an SEC ready product. The most accurate correlation,I believe, to guaranteed success in football is having an experienced and cohesive O-line. Players like Leff, Adams, Mix, etc. would have had little chance to succeed right out of high school. Players who can make an immediate impact on the line like Robinson, Ziemba and McNeill do not come around often. Welcome to the program, Mr. Harrell. Now go to class and graduate !!!

I like this commitment. A kid from an excellent high school program who has a great frame the coaches can train. Auburn is quickly developing a program that will not have to depend on putting OL recruits immediately out of high school into the rotation. I can imagine that after two or three years, this young man can transform his body into an SEC ready product. The most accurate correlation,I believe, to guaranteed success in football is having an experienced and cohesive O-line. Players like Leff, Adams, Mix, etc. would have had little chance to succeed right out of high school. Players who can make an immediate impact on the line like Robinson, Ziemba and McNeill do not come around often. Welcome to the program, Mr. Harrell. Now go to class and graduate !!!

All incoming linemen can benefit from a red shirt year. Back in the day when Nebraska was a consistent national power, they red shirted about all freshmen and their teams usually had fifth year seniors all across their OL and DL. I look forward to the day again when we have a bunch of red shirt sophs and juniors playing on the line....just look how Kozan developed during that first year before he had to play.

Lots of these highly rated guys are impatient to play but it's up the coaches to convince them to take the "long view" and invest in a red shirt season that will pay big dividends when the time comes for them to take the field.

I guess I should know, my 12 year old is 5'7.5" and 180 lbs. and wears an 11.5 shoe. Strapped on the headgear for spring football today!

I'm sorry, I think I read that you said your 12 year old has those measurables...I must have forgotten my contacts today.

Haha all joking aside, he seems to be set up to be a boss on the field or court!

I'm sorry, I think I read that you said your 12 year old has those measurables...I must have forgotten my contacts today.

Haha all joking aside, he seems to be set up to be a boss on the field or court!

Oh yeah, you saw correctly. He is a big kid. Strong as an ox too. Doc projects him to be about 6'4". He'll never be able to reach block me though. ;D

Oh yeah, you saw correctly. He is a big kid. Strong as an ox too. Doc projects him to be about 6'4". He'll never be able to reach block me though. ;D/>

How big are you btw?

Oh yeah, you saw correctly. He is a big kid. Strong as an ox too. Doc projects him to be about 6'4". He'll never be able to reach block me though. ;D/>

How big are you btw?

I think that's a bit personal to be asked on a family board. lol

So is there a story on where this guy came from? Nobody was talking about him until he committed. Obviously the staff liked him enough

Archived