2015 4* OG Marquel Harrell commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Good grief what are they feeding these kids?????

I guess I should know, my 12 year old is 5'7.5" and 180 lbs. and wears an 11.5 shoe. Strapped on the headgear for spring football today!

I'm sorry, I think I read that you said your 12 year old has those measurables...I must have forgotten my contacts today.

Haha all joking aside, he seems to be set up to be a boss on the field or court!

Oh yeah, you saw correctly. He is a big kid. Strong as an ox too. Doc projects him to be about 6'4". He'll never be able to reach block me though. ;D/>

How big are you btw?

I think that's a bit personal to be asked on a family board. lol

:laugh: ZING!!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only 6'1" 215. Both my boys have Italian blood in them.

You have an Italian woman...You lucky bum.

So is there a story on where this guy came from? Nobody was talking about him until he committed. Obviously the staff liked him enough

He's been on the radar for a while. Nobody knew he was a take for the staff til he committed. We started recruiting him the same time we started recruiting his teammate Jayson Stanley a couple months ago.

This article doesn't shed too much light on it, but a little background:

Harrell is a Fairburn (Ga.) native who pounced on his first SEC offer in early February–when Ole Miss offered, the 6-foot-3, 295-pound offensive lineman was on board the next day. What Harrell couldn’t have imagined is that Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn and Kentucky would follow suit with offers within days, as well as defending national champion Florida State. By the end of February, he stepped back from that Ole Miss commitment and decided to evaluate his SEC options. Tennessee looked like a possibility for a short time, but in the end it was Auburn that landed the lineman.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/two-sec-decommits-back-on-board/

A green-eyed Italian woman at that! :yes:

A green-eyed Italian woman at that! :yes:

Sounds like my best friend. She's Italian with green eyes and gorgeous. Too bad she did not have eyes for me. lol

So is there a story on where this guy came from? Nobody was talking about him until he committed. Obviously the staff liked him enough

He's been on the radar for a while. Nobody knew he was a take for the staff til he committed. We started recruiting him the same time we started recruiting his teammate Jayson Stanley a couple months ago.

Harrell has been a "take" for AU all along and AU has been recruiting Harrell hard. Harrell saw where numbers on the OL are getting tight at AU and decided to go ahead and jump in. AU was not expecting this but jumped all over Harrell when he committed. One of the top two guards on AU board. Could be number one on the board. Great pickup.

He has a great offers list, think he'll get a bump up to a 4 star?

I have bumped up to a high 4 star on my rating list. If you are talking about recruiting sites, probably so as well. I think they refer to mine a lot.

Harrell has been a "take" for AU all along and AU has been recruiting Harrell hard. Harrell saw where numbers on the OL are getting tight at AU and decided to go ahead and jump in. AU was not expecting this but jumped all over Harrell when he committed. One of the top two guards on AU board. Could be number one on the board. Great pickup.

Ok WDEWDE knew MH was a take. lol

WDE - are there any plans to move him to center? Or do we have someone else in mind for center after Dismukes & Dampeer graduate?

Not WDEWDE but what I have seen is MH is a Guard for the staff. The top 3 I have seen for our Center board is Warmack, Quarvez Boulware, and Nick Wilson in order. Brandon Kennedy has a shot to get in the mix too. WDEWDE or anyone with the info correct me as needed.

A green-eyed Italian woman at that! :yes:/>

Sounds like my best friend. She's Italian with green eyes and gorgeous. Too bad she did not have eyes for me. lol

Maybe we can give you the right recruiting advice to flip her commitment...

lol. Na. I'm friends with her husband and he's an awesome guy.

lol. Na. I'm friends with her husband and he's an awesome guy.

Oh well, just looking out for you. Lol

Mr. Harrell needs to get Mr. Stanley on board, ASAP.

Agree with this. Stanley will be a nice receiver. I heard Stanley wants to wait to see our throwing game this year though.

Agree with this. Stanley will be a nice receiver. I heard Stanley wants to wait to see our throwing game this year though.

Judging from A-day, Marshall will definitely have some weapons to work with. I'm sure we'll still be "run first," but I'm expecting things to really pick up this year in our passing numbers.

Judging from A-day, Marshall will definitely have some weapons to work with. I'm sure we'll still be "run first," but I'm expecting things to really pick up this year in our passing numbers.

If we throw 40% that still means 30 or more passes a game if we get 80 or more plays in a game. Enough balls to go around there IMO.

If we throw 40% that still means 30 or more passes a game if we get 80 or more plays in a game. Enough balls to go around there IMO.

How many plays did we average per game last year?

How many plays did we average per game last year?

74 but we were also slower last year than we will be this year because we wanted to make sure Nick had all the calls right. For all the pub we have on the HUHN we were not that fast last year. We were actually in the 50s nationally in plays per second. The offense should be much faster this year and the D should be wuite a bit better thus giving the O 80+ plays a game IMO.

Archived