2015 4* OG Marquel Harrell commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seems pretty firm. He's has a great relationship with all of our commits. But he's 16, I can't blame him for at least being hesitant.

Come on, now. This is supposed to be a family website.

Tennessee has 69% of the CB predictions at this point, to Auburn's 31%. That's pretty telling when a guy is supposedly committed.

I'd say he's leaning heavily towards Tennessee at this point, but wants to keep his spot in the AU class until he's positive. I bet the coaches won't let that play out too long.

Tennessee has 69% of the CB predictions at this point, to Auburn's 31%. That's pretty telling when a guy is supposedly committed.

Every single one of those CB's save for one was made prior to his commitment to Auburn months ago. Those things dont get updated when a recruit commits.

I'd say he's leaning heavily towards Tennessee at this point, but wants to keep his spot in the AU class until he's positive. I bet the coaches won't let that play out too long.

Madame Voodoo La Rue de Ole Salsa quotes her crystal ball as saying if you break a mirror it is seven years of bad luck, but advises if you hire a good attorney you can get it down to 2-3 years.

Crystal balls are as reliable as E.......hey maybe there is something to these crystal balls.

Recruits have been known to bust a few crystal balls with their actions.

Metafour has returned!

On a serious note, if I recall, Harrell wasn't supposed to commit to us in the first place as he was a big UT lean at the time. Which is a reason why UT leads for him on the crystal ball.

Metafour has returned!

On a serious note, if I recall, Harrell wasn't supposed to commit to us in the first place as he was a big UT lean at the time. Which is a reason why UT leads for him on the crystal ball.

I think Harris was committed to Ole Miss, then switched his commitment to us. Now he's considering UTk.

Metafour has returned!

I think Harris was committed to Ole Miss, then switched his commitment to us. Now he's considering UTk.

Yes, but he was choosing between us and UT back in March and chose us out of the blue. I remember it being a surprise to me and many others.

Metafour has returned!

Yes, but he was choosing between us and UT back in March and chose us out of the blue. I remember it being a surprise to me and many others.

It was a surprise.

This is from a tweet from AUC

"Auburn offensive line commitment Marquel Harrell "firm" to Auburn, but Tennessee leads"

If that is not a contradiction, I don't know what is.

As I recall Harrell caught all the insiders by surprise and maybe some coaches as well, but the good guys accepted his committment after CGM talked with him. Tells me our staff wasn't quite ready for his announcement, but maybe there was a little misunderstanding too. I don't know. I've always felt his commitment was a little shaky. We'll see.

The way i understand it these crystal balls really need to be taken with a very large grain of salt. Most of the people doing the predicting are biased one or another. :dunno:

Basically, it all depends on who the CB is from; some are insiders and some are not. Look at what the insiders are saying from the schools in the mix. That will often tell a lot.

This is from a tweet from AUC

"Auburn offensive line commitment Marquel Harrell "firm" to Auburn, but Tennessee leads"

If that is not a contradiction, I don't know what is.

Welcome to today's world of recruiting.

It wouldn't shock me if we have been slack in contacting Harrell. All the other O-line commitments that we have right now are elite, top 20 at their position type players. Harrell to me always came off as a guy that caught JB Grimes eye for his aggressiveness, but he just doesn't off the cuff seem to have elite level athleticism and agility. I am not saying this is happening, but the coaches see we have much bigger fish in the pond with legit interest in us so if you're going to cut anyone loose it would be Harrell. I couldn't see us taking anymore than 6 o-linemen this year with the needs we have at other positions.

It wouldn't shock me if we have been slack in contacting Harrell. All the other O-line commitments that we have right now are elite, top 20 at their position type players. Harrell to me always came off as a guy that caught JB Grimes eye for his aggressiveness, but he just doesn't off the cuff seem to have elite level athleticism and agility. I am not saying this is happening, but the coaches see we have much bigger fish in the pond with legit interest in us so if you're going to cut anyone loose it would be Harrell. I couldn't see us taking anymore than 6 o-linemen this year with the needs we have at other positions.

What are you basing that off of?

What are you basing that off of?

Well I did say "that I'm not saying this is happening", so this is just a guess that is stemming from the fact that kid releases a top 5 with UT at the top. Why is he doing a 180 all of a sudden when he virtually had the same decision to make now as he did back in March and he chose Auburn, out of the blue mind you? I don't buy the whole "confusion" over him just releasing an OV list....I think that's BS. He knew what he was doing when he had UT at the top.

If he doesn't won't to wear O&B, then so be it. Lets wish him luck and move on and get a 5* offensive lineman,

The way i understand it these crystal balls really need to be taken with a very large grain of salt. Most of the people doing the predicting are biased one or another. :dunno:

Usually the reporters of the teams involved are the best indicators.

Not sure why Harrell said he likes UT a lot , and now he might de-commit from AU

It is all speculation for now. He likes them though because they are telling him anything/everything to get him to do just what you said. I know it is frustrating.

Just remind yourself that he is only16 years old.

Not sure why Harrell said he likes UT a lot , and now he might de-commit from AU

It is all speculation for now. He likes them though because they are telling him anything/everything to get him to do just what you said. I know it is frustrating.

Just remind yourself that he is only16 years old.

Well that and they legitimately do have an easier path to PT..They have 4 or 5 less schollied OL's on roster than AU.

Archived