2015 4* OG Marquel Harrell commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

“@HarrellMarquel: A side chick singlehandedly brought down an NBA franchise, and you guys still think you can keep them on the low? Goodluck, gentlemen."”

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“@HarrellMarquel: A side chick singlehandedly brought down an NBA franchise, and you guys still think you can keep them on the low? Goodluck, gentlemen."”

Wow. How bout that.

• 1 month later...

I saw his tweet but it was deleted. His top 5 released: 1. Tennessee 2. Auburn. So confused right now. He deleted his top 5 tweet and say it's just officials. Decommitted? Soft verbal?

Article on 247. Says UT his leader but still committed. My guess is ways are parted one way or the other in the near future. Will actually help with OL numbers. Could allow a Carr commitment and still have room for others.

If he wishes to go,mI'm ok with that. Still too many big fish on the board at ol to sweat the small stuff.

If he wishes to go,mI'm ok with that. Still too many big fish on the board at ol to sweat the small stuff.

You guys kill me. Harrell has been a top priority for over a year. AU still recruited him hard after he committed to OM. Kid is a legit talent who is ideal for AU's O-line under Gus. Another reason OM liked him so much. Harrell can move for a big man.

You guys kill me. Harrell has been a top priority for over a year. AU still recruited him hard after he committed to OM. Kid is a legit talent who is ideal for AU's O-line under Gus. Another reason OM liked him so much. Harrell can move for a big man.

Problem is it says 3* O-Lineman and some of our fans assume because not a 4* is not as good or better than some of the others. If the coaches like him that much that means a lot more than the number of stars. Remember guys when Auburn first offerred Shon Coleman he was a 3* but the coaches knew better.

Stars matter when you look at a total class. Schools that consistently have highly ranked classes do well. Stars don't always matter at the individual level especially before they have even played their senior season.

If anyone has a question about Harrell and his potential, you need to watch his highlight film, he can move and he is very powerful. I would hate for him to go to UT instead of Auburn.

If anyone has a question about Harrell and his potential, you need to watch his highlight film, he can move and he is very powerful. I would hate for him to go to UT instead of Auburn.

Yep. Can't have too many pulling guards like Harrell in Gus's offense.

Unfortunately, from a recruit's perspective, maybe we can. As I understand it, part of the reason Harrell may be reconsidering UTk is because of the depth charts. We definitely need a strong OL class this season, and I personally hope Harrell is part of it. But if early playing time is the deciding factor, we may be a little too young in terms of our current depth at guard.

There are a couple of things that may help us out in this regard. First, I wonder whether we will develop two complete lines that can play and that will actually see action. I am hoping so. Second, I think winning has a way of making up for loaded rosters (see Bama, for instance). If we win it all this year, or even make it to the playoff, I think we'll start seeing fewer and fewer kids worrying about our depth.

EDIT: Here's a free AUC article that gives the latest on Harrell.

Unfortunately, from a recruit's perspective, maybe we can. As I understand it, part of the reason Harrell may be reconsidering UTk is because of the depth charts. We definitely need a strong OL class this season, and I personally hope Harrell is part of it. But if early playing time is the deciding factor, we may be a little too young in terms of our current depth at guard.

There are a couple of things that may help us out in this regard. First, I wonder whether we will develop two complete lines that can play and that will actually see action. I am hoping so. Second, I think winning has a way of making up for loaded rosters (see Bama, for instance). If we win it all this year, or even make it to the playoff, I think we'll start seeing fewer and fewer kids worrying about our depth.

I just read on 247 that AU is OK with Harrell taking visits and Harrell has been "thinking" about a possible de-commit from AU. My info might be a little old. I will ask. Hope this is a great sign about Patterson.

Get your freakin' story straight wdeWDE!! Britt and Valley are getting pretty tired of you not knowing every detail. I told them to chill, but you know those two. :no:

They want to know what is so hard about figuring out a 16 year olds thought process?

Get your freakin' story straight wdeWDE!! Britt and Valley are getting pretty tired of you not knowing every detail. I told them to chill, but you know those two. :no:

They want to know what is so hard about figuring out a 16 year olds thought process?

I have been married almost 30 years to a staid thoughtful woman and I still haven't figured her out. So anybody who can tell you that they can figure out what a 16 year old kid with multiple responsible adults (Sarcasm) telling him what to do. Is either smoking something or drinking to much.

I have been married almost 30 years to a staid thoughtful woman and I still haven't figured her out. So anybody who can tell you that they can figure out what a 16 year old kid with multiple responsible adults (Sarcasm) telling him what to do. Is either smoking something or drinking to much.

Guilty.

Guilty.

No Lo Contendre'

He seems pretty firm. He's has a great relationship with all of our commits. But he's 16, I can't blame him for at least being hesitant.

He seems pretty firm. He's has a great relationship with all of our commits. But he's 16, I can't blame him for at least being hesitant.

I also think Butch Jones is one hell of a recruiter who is in DESPERATE need of OL recruits.

All women are born with Snakes in their head. The trick is to find one whose snakes aren't poisonous.

(My apologies to Green Eyed Girl and ALL the female AUF members. It is something an old man told me once. Granted he was thrice divorced and single at the time.)

Not possible...........................crossed%20arms.gifcrossed%20arms.gif

Get your freakin' story straight wdeWDE!! Britt and Valley are getting pretty tired of you not knowing every detail. I told them to chill, but you know those two. :no:/>

Not possible...........................crossed%20arms.gifcrossed%20arms.gif

Depends on if you can remember which number of PBR you are on.

Archived