Auburn Softball 3 consecutive no hitters.

The two back to back no hitters against Radford (9-0) and IPFW (10-0) were #10 on yesterdays Sportcenter's top 10. Marcy and Lexi both with 1 no hitter a piece. Today against Savannah St. Marcy pitched another no hitter in the first game in a 22-0 win. Now against Ball State for the final game of the day (Currently up on Ball State 11-1). As a part of the broadcast team for AU softball this year there isn't a better time to be a part of AU softball. If you're ever in the area swing by Jane B. Moore field or listen online at http://wegl.streamon.fm

A Big War Eagle to Coach Myers, the staff, and the girls. They are building something special this year and it will be exciting to see it unfold. They deserve a lot of recognition for what they have accomplished.

War Eagle!

As long as I've been following baseball/softball, I've never heard of three consecutive no hitters before. War Eagle Tigers, and Coach Meyer was, indeed, a "home run" hire!

LSU-Eunice (CC) pitched two consecutive no-hitters just a month ago, but I've never heard of any team, anywhere tossing 3 before either. Very impressive.

LSU-Eunice (CC) pitched two consecutive no-hitters just a month ago, but I've never heard of any team, anywhere tossing 3 before either. Very impressive.

Being able to see this team up close, this team has a ton of talent, a ton of character, and a coaching staff that knows how to use it. Everyone involved has done a truly stellar job.

"3 consecutive no hitters for a team in softball"

Your thread is #5 on a google search for the above :hellyeah:

Being able to see this team up close, this team has a ton of talent, a ton of character, and a coaching staff that knows how to use it. Everyone involved has done a truly stellar job.

I appreciate the input Maverick. I'm so proud of this team for living up to their potential. That says so much about the girls and their coaches.

I appreciate the input Maverick. I'm so proud of this team for living up to their potential. That says so much about the girls and their coaches.

That is awesome to hear. Sounding like JJ went above and beyond with this hire. That is amazing

First year in the program for the coach....he's setting the bar pretty high for the rest of the athletic department.

First year in the program for the coach....he's setting the bar pretty high for the rest of the athletic department.

I think he and Malzahn have the recipe for Cammy Cam Juice

I think he and Malzahn have the recipe for Cammy Cam Juice

That's probably true...but I kinda looked at Gus as having been on a one year sabbatical... :) .

We have never before in the history of AU athletics hired a coach with the record and qualifications of Clint Meyer, in any sport. Richard Quick's second time through as head swimming and diving coach is the closest we've ever come to such a hire but that was a special case, too.

Even with Meyers' history being recognized his success the first year has caught me and a bunch of other people by surprise. The main part of the SEC schedule still looms ahead but there's no denying that we're whipping teams by the mercy rule that have given us fits in the past.

His career numbers are astonishing....

Myers' Year-By-Year

Year School Overall Conference Conf. Finish NCAA Postseason

2006 Arizona State 55-15 11-10 4th WCWS

2007 Arizona State 54-17 13-8 2nd WCWS

2008 Arizona State 66-5 18-3 1st NCAA Champions

2009 Arizona state 47-19 10-11 6th WCWS

2010 Arizona State 44-17 10-11 4th Super Regional

2011 Arizona State 60-6 17-4 1st NCAA Champions

2012 Arizona State 53-11 18-4 2nd WCWS

2013 Arizona State 50-12 16-8 T-2nd WCWS

2006-2013 ASU 427-102 (.807) 113-59 (.657) 8 seasons 2 WCWS Titles

1996-2005 Central Arizona (BB) 406-192 (679) 11 seasons 1NJCAA Titles

1987-1995 Central Arizona (SB) 481-43 (.918) 9 seasons 6 NJCAA Titles

Career Total 1314-337 (.796) 28 seasons 9 national titles

Very impressive. I'm taking quite an interest in this team and will be sure to make some games. I hope they can make a deep run in post season play!

War Tiger,

That is one heck of a resume right there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

How's this for production:

*Freshman Kasey Cooper is ranked fifth in the SEC in batting average at .448. Her teammates Branndi Melero (.440) and Emily Carosone (.418) are sixth and seventh, respectively.

*Melero, a junior, leads the SEC in RBI with 56 while Cooper is No. 2 with 55. The Tigers also have the No. 3 player for runs batted in with 41 from Jade Rhodes, who had two grand slam home runs last week.

*Auburn players are one-two-three in runs scored among SEC players with junior Morgan Estell No. 1 at 52 followed by Carosone with 51 and Cooper with 50.

To me, the most amazing thing about this softball season is how many of the major players were here last year and accomplished very little. Normally when things get turned around this fast it's because the new coach brought in new players. It's like all these players found their Cinderella spikes and turned into new, improved versions from last season to this. Don't think I've ever seen such a change in players at this level of competition.

To me, the most amazing thing about this softball season is how many of the major players were here last year and accomplished very little. Normally when things get turned around this fast it's because the new coach brought in new players. It's like all these players found their Cinderella spikes and turned into new, improved versions from last season to this. Don't think I've ever seen such a change in players at this level of competition.

The only major addition has been freshman Kasey Cooper. Everyone else was here. I think the best example of what Coach Myers's teaching has done is sophomore Jade Rhodes. Last year, she batted 2 for 24 (.083). This year, her current average is .269 with 6 home runs (3 of which are grand slams and 2 of those came this past week).

Phillip Marshall mentioned today that a strong finish could result in AU hosting a regional. That would be a PHENOMENAL accomplishment for year 1 of the Myers Era. This is very similar to the turnaroud Gus had this year in football.

Archived