Baseball vs. Tennessee - game 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dedrick made it hard on himself with the walks...but got out of the jam...a great win for AU.

I think that makes 4 straight struggling appearances for TD. Wasn't rocky McCord supposed to be a possible closer?

He was touted but doesn't crack lineup often. Quite frankly I don't know who would be an option but closing out the last 2 innings should be a no brainer win up 3-0

Also, just to point out ... I watched the game on the link that Tennessee provides. The throw to the plate by Thompson was not only heady baseball but was physically impressive as he had dodge/jump over gill to get the ball to the plate. Freshman right?

Conversely that was contrasted by gill, td and yak struggling w pitching and an error .... All upper classmen

The future looks good. Logan was the RBI machine midweek and is credited with some very mature leadership earlier this season. Future is bright. Hope the upper classmen learn from the new guys as much as the other way

Repeating myself...but...IMHO and all that.

TD is struggling because CSG has changed something. He is not throwing the same way he was last year when he was so effective. He is not as easy on the mound. Last season he could shut it down and barely break a sweat because his talent fit naturally into that role. He was comfortable. He is not that same kid now.

It's either that or TD is nursing a minor injury. Something is going on with him somewhere. I hope he gets it worked out because I loved watching him close the door last season.

Just a reminder that if you look at last year's stats...TD was not automatic as a relief pitcher/closer. I looked at a video from last season and motion looks about the same....and he has the same pitching coach.

Had a 3.63ERA, control was average and gave up 30 hits in 39 innings...plus some walks, etc.and some blown saves and losses early in the season against some mediocre teams. Basically did not come into his own until late April and May. He might be the best we have to close but he is not a guarantee to hold a lead. I expect that all close games will be an adventure.

TD is struggling because CSG has changed something. He is not throwing the same way he was last year when he was so effective. He is not as easy on the mound. Last season he could shut it down and barely break a sweat because his talent fit naturally into that role. He was comfortable. He is not that same kid now.

It's either that or TD is nursing a minor injury. Something is going on with him somewhere. I hope he gets it worked out because I loved watching him close the door last season.

forgot that you mentioned that before. Seams reasonable and could partially explain the long leash he appears to have

Nice to get the W. Glad ortman got the win. Solid Friday start.

I thought it was well established AU baseball tradition to lose on Fri nite games, especially on the road.

forgot that you mentioned that before. Seams reasonable and could partially explain the long leash he appears to have

Whatever was going on hopefully has been resolved because in today's game TD looked really sharp, and he looked very natural again in his throwing. He's not a kid who takes a long time in between pitches, and he had that good rhythm going today. He looked like the TD from last season and I was relieved to see it.

Whatever was going on hopefully has been resolved because in today's game TD looked really sharp, and he looked very natural again in his throwing. He's not a kid who takes a long time in between pitches, and he had that good rhythm going today. He looked like the TD from last season and I was relieved to see it.

Belle....you must have selective memory or something....look at his stats from last season....he was not an automatic as you've implied twice now. It was good to see him have a good day yesterday but for the early part of last season it was touch and go as how well TD would perform. As the season went on however he did improve and was tough in April and May.

He has the same pitching coach as last season....it's possible that he is just a warm weather pitcher and will do better as the weather improves...that's not uncommon.

Archived