ESPN Hot List

AU4Ever

Watching ESPN Hot List just a few minutes ago. They interviewed Bruce Feldman of ESPN.com. He is saying Tuberville has heard from Florida thru backdoor channels about HC position. He added that it is known in college football inner circles that CTT is looking. Then went on to say if CTT leaves, Petrino would be most likely choice to return to AU. This is rumor, but what ESPN reported. Don't accuse me of starting rumors, because this rumor was started on national TV by ESPN. I am just repeating what I heard on ESPN.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If this is true, (and I don't think it is, you can go from one SEC school to another, but I doubt you go to the third), I just have one thing to say...

Coaches come and go. Auburn will still be Auburn. I will support the coach, no matter who it is, I will never boo a player, and I will always be an Auburn man.

WDE :au:

It's TELEVISION, folks, they're in the entertainment business, and if that means stirrin' things up, that's what they're gonna do! I know some rumors turn out to be true, but Geez Louise, can't we just enjoy this time and not worry about what the rumor mill is gonna churn out next?

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

Agree totally. I was an Auburn fan when Shug was there. Coaches come and go. Auburn will still be a great school when we're all dead and gone. If he stays, that good. If he goes, I see no problem there either.

IMO, it wouldn't make much sense to go anywhere but AU for Tubs. he's almost done what he set out to do, with HIS OWN PLAYERS, and the recruiting for next year looks phenomenal. why start over? but hey, i'm just a regular joe, what would i know?

Wow, that's huge...all rumor, but still. How many of you guys took the time to write to CTT last year during the Petrinogate thing? Didn't CTT say he has a box full of 15,000 letters of support from Auburn people? I'd hate to think he would be "shopping" not even a year after getting all that support from his current fanbase...

But hey, CTT has already walked out on one program, why not another?

Well if Tuberville decides to leave then we should be in good shape for getting a new coach. The program is in good condition, decent depth chart, no off the field problems....... basically a very attractive job for next year.

Guest Tigrinum Major
But hey, CTT has already walked out on one program, why not another?

128129[/snapback]

1. You left a mid to lower level SEC school for a high level SEC school.

2. Facilities are not any better at Florida. Ole Miss facilities are worse than some large high schools in Alabama.

3. Oxford vs. Auburn is no contest. Neither is Auburn vs. Gainesville.

4. He saw how Zook was treated.

5. Money can't be any better at UF.

The logic that he left once and will do it again would be like a wife saying "My husband cheated once, he'll do it again," which is very valid.

However, in this case:

Old Wife = Ole Miss = Phyllis from Mulga

Mistress/New Wife = Auburn = Rachel Hunter

Potential Mistress = Florida = Christie Brinkley

I am sorry, but I just don't see it happening. But I have been wrong before...

Mistress/New Wife =  Auburn = Rachel Hunter

128135[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Scarbinsky puts a interesting spin on it...

How can Tuberville make good on his vow to win a national title at Auburn if he runs the table and they still won't let him play for it?

AL.com

Guest Tigrinum Major

Mistress/New Wife =  Auburn = Rachel Hunter

128135[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

128140[/snapback]

Thank you, you've been a great crowd. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

LSU = Kathy Ireland ;)

As for the Topic, ESPN is the most clueless and from the hip broadcast. As an LSU fan I would have been dead from worry had we listened to them and their Saban is going to be the next coach of the Falcons, Bears, Giants, Bucs, Cleveland, Indy..........

Tubs is not going anywhere. Not after this season...

If you want to get rid of rumors and coaching moves from AU, then find a way to get rid of those who started all this mess....those who were on the plane to Louisville. How can a coach sleep with both eyes closed while some that were involved are still lurking?

Would you feel comfortable knowing your boss wanted to get rid of you and still may have that feeling?

The sleeping with one eye open comment hits home. CTT was quoted as saying the reason he went conservative against UA was to not lose the game. When asked why, he said so he wouldn't get fired. It was probably a 'tongue in cheek' response, but the shadow of the trip to Louisville can't help but haunt him. Even though the Prez and AD are both out of the picture now, Richardson has yet to come out with resounding approval of CTT. I've read what Richardson put out yesterday, but I honestly believe that statement was forced. And he never mentioned CTT by name. Just said 'coaches and players'.

This is likley the dumbest thread on this board. If ESPN said you were gay, would that make it true?

ESPN is just blowing smoke, maybe from that bama :homer: onstaff there.

CTT can go where he chooses. He chose to stay at AU last year. :no:

Remember that 3.6M Buyout??????

No college will pay that buyout!

I started the thread, and, since it did concern the Auburn coaching staff, and yea though it's ESPN rumor, I felt it was worth a thread and not the dumbest on here, as you stated. I'll have to say I've seen much less news worthy threads that weren't called dumb. I guess, since I've been called on the carpet by the owner of AUNation, I was wrong. And if ESPN reported I was gay, I very seriously doubt I would start a thread on that subject. I would know for a fact that they were wrong and wouldn't feel the need to confirm or deny the allegations. I've always thought that this board was for discussing anything and everything that concerned Auburn, it's players, it's football team, the coaching staff, administration, etc, no matter how trivial, how controversial, or how much rumor was involved. Evidently that's not the case. I've noticed the same thread has popped up 3 or 4 times over on ITAT. May be a better forum to spend my time.

I started the thread, and, since it did concern the Auburn coaching staff, and yea though it's ESPN rumor, I felt it was worth a thread and not the dumbest on here, as you stated.  I'll have to say I've seen much less news worthy threads that weren't called dumb. I guess, since I've been called on the carpet by the owner of AUNation, I was wrong.  And if ESPN reported I was gay, I very seriously doubt I would start a thread on that subject.  I would know for a fact that they were wrong and wouldn't feel the need to confirm or deny the allegations.  I've always thought that this board was for discussing anything and everything that concerned Auburn, it's players, it's football team, the coaching staff, administration, etc, no matter how trivial, how controversial, or how much rumor was involved.  Evidently that's not the case.  I've noticed the same thread has popped up 3 or 4 times over on ITAT.  May be a better forum to spend my time.

128161[/snapback]

Damn dude...it will be ok :poke:

it would be stupid for tuberville to go to florida. his kids are in great school system. he would have less job security at UF than he does here. War Eagle.

I am willing to go out on a limb and break one of my own rules here...I B E T that Coach Tuberville is the HC @ AU in '05. :big:

Any takers? :D

Archived