ESPN Hot List

AU4Ever

who cares where tubs goes???  it was proved this year that all we need is this Borges guy

128187[/snapback]

Right...good analysis there. Borges could coach 11 Swedish meatballs to a NC I guess. And no credit to Chizik and the other 100 people invovled? C'mon man...Borges is great, but he's only one cog in a complicated system.

I would be very upset if CTT were to leave, but he'll do what he feels is best for his family and himself. I don't see him leaving, but that's just my opinion.

I certainly would not hold it against TT if he chose to leave AU! It would be hard to forget jetgate, but I think that you can count Davis or Petrino in at Florida.

I started the thread, and, since it did concern the Auburn coaching staff, and yea though it's ESPN rumor, I felt it was worth a thread and not the dumbest on here, as you stated.  I'll have to say I've seen much less news worthy threads that weren't called dumb. I guess, since I've been called on the carpet by the owner of AUNation, I was wrong.  And if ESPN reported I was gay, I very seriously doubt I would start a thread on that subject.  I would know for a fact that they were wrong and wouldn't feel the need to confirm or deny the allegations.  I've always thought that this board was for discussing anything and everything that concerned Auburn, it's players, it's football team, the coaching staff, administration, etc, no matter how trivial, how controversial, or how much rumor was involved.  Evidently that's not the case.  I've noticed the same thread has popped up 3 or 4 times over on ITAT.  May be a better forum to spend my time.

128161[/snapback]

I wish you could read my e-mails. I am just wore out with this. Dont take it personally but just think for a second.

Who is going to pay CTT's buyout? Petrino, Davis, etc do not come with a $3.6M buyout!!! ho is going to try and get a great coach with a buyout when there are several available with no buyouts?

Boys and girls...what do you expect them to say.with Tubs threatening to pull off a possible #1 recruiting class???!!!!

I will always be a n Auburn man too...but I think this is BS! Tubs likes it here, his family likes it here...and all the bad guys except for the 2 idiot trustees are gone...and hopefully they'll be gone too, very soon!!!

WAR &^%* EAGLE! BEAT THE VOLS!!! :au:

The rumor that CTT would leave for another SEC school is a load of crap. He has AU by the nutsack now after last year's get rid of him debacle...he has a National Chamionship quality team now and the horses/recruiting year lined up for 2005 to make a few more runs at it over the next few years...what is his possible upside? None. Personally, I think this rumor stuff is generated by anti-AU folks to try and distract AU from the big game at hand...UT.

If you want to get rid of rumors and coaching moves from AU, then find a way to get rid of those who started all this mess....those who were on the plane to Louisville.  How can a coach sleep with both eyes closed while some that were involved are still lurking?

Would you feel comfortable knowing your boss wanted to get rid of you and still may have that feeling?

128145[/snapback]

who cares where tubs goes???  it was proved this year that all we need is this Borges guy

128187[/snapback]

Right...good analysis there. Borges could coach 11 Swedish meatballs to a NC I guess.

128189[/snapback]

I wonder how 11 Swedish meatballs would fare against OU or USC :lol:

Look...I know everyone is foaming at the mouth over how wonderful Tuberville is and everything. I like the guy too. However, if Tuberville were to leave (I seriously doubt he would) and we were to land a solid O-minded coach, you wouldn't see me shed any tears. Tuberville is only as good as his assistants. Until we get a guy that can stabilize a program on his own merits (like Richt, Saban, Spurrier, Petrino) we will always have up-and-down years, as long as Tubs assistants come and go.

Tuberville can recruit.

Tuberville does very little coaching.

UF knows this. America knows this.

In the event CTT were to leave for wherever...I'm not sure about Petrino. If he cam wouldn't that mean that Borges would likely leave after next year as well?

I'll take Borges over Petrino...Promote Chizik or Borges to HC.

Or we could go bet Willingham...ND didn't give him enough of a chance... :big:

Sorry folks....This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen on this board.

We are 11-0 and playing for the SEC Championship.

Just sad.

Oh,....War Eagle. :au:

Chizik to HC would be awesome -- would keep the guy in Auburn and he gets his HC like he eventually wants and we get to keep the defensive guru that he is. That coupled with the fact that Borges doesn't have any real designed on HC according to him, that would be the optimal outcome if CTT were to leave.

Having said that though CTT doesn't need to go anywhere, and I don't think he will. Living in Gainesville and comparing it to Auburn are no contest. I went home for Thanksgiving and could barely stand to leave. That and he does have AU by the nuts atm; and the the 3.6 mil buyout too.

It's just ESPN, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Tuberville says he wants to stay

AUBURN -- Tommy Tuberville again is saying he wants to stay put.

Regardless of what anyone else says.

The Auburn coach on Wednesday quickly responded to an ESPN report that he has emerged as a serious candidate to replace Ron Zook at the University of Florida.

"That's just speculation," Tuberville said after the Tigers' practice. "I hope they let me come back here. I want to be here. My family loves it here. I wouldn't talk to anybody right now, anyway. I have too many things to do."

Tuberville is in the first season of a five-year deal worth approximately $1.25 million annually. His buyout, which was bumped up after last season's turmoil, now rests at $3.6 million.

With Auburn currently 11-0 and on the verge of the school's first Southeastern Conference championship since 1989, Tuberville is expected to get a bump in pay after the season. He's also expected to champion raises for his coaching staff, which currently makes more than all SEC teams except Alabama.

Auburn pays its assistants a total of $1.28 million per year. Only Alabama's staff, which earns $1.31 million, makes more.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5...5tubrail02w.htm

Just to put an end to all the speculation and close this stupid thread!

Just sad.

128276[/snapback]

I agree 100% :au::au:

Just sad.

128276[/snapback]

I agree 100% :au::au:

128288[/snapback]

Ditto!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
I'll take Borges over Petrino...Promote Chizik or Borges to HC.

128275[/snapback]

I wouldn't. To coach at a place like Auburn (or Bama or Florida), you need to be a head coach at a place like Louisville (or Utah or Troy State.)

Re: Zook and Shula. A head coach is no longer just a coach, he is a diplomat, an ambassador. A major SEC school doesn't lend itself to OJT.

Just my .02.

Boys and girls...what do you expect them to say.with Tubs threatening to pull off a possible #1 recruiting class???!!!!

I will always be a n Auburn man too...but I think this is BS! Tubs likes it here, his family likes it here...and all the bad guys except for the 2 idiot trustees are gone...and hopefully they'll be gone too, very soon!!!

WAR &^%* EAGLE! BEAT THE VOLS!!!  :au:

128196[/snapback]

This guy has it right!!!!

128187[/snapback]

Penguin please tell me you are not really this stupid.

Archived