2016 4* DT Julian Rochester (UGA commit)

AuburnArch13

No one has a lead until the paper is signed.

Really? Someone always has the lead. No kid is ever "completely even" between choices, even when they claim that they are.

Right. UGA has the lead now but we had large lead last year. Leads can and do change but there is almost always a leader.

When recruits sign, the school he signs with doesn't lead, they actually have him.

Wow.

I've learned not one, but 3 new things.

1. No one has a lead until the paper is signed.

2. Someone always has a lead.

3. After the paper is signed, there is no leader.

:headscratch:

Pretty good for one day!

So in other words, recruiting has all kinds of Inception-like levels to it. Got it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will sign with Auburn and will make his announcement sometimes this summer. No worries with this young man. Look for UGA to have a poor season for 2015. An 8-4 or 8-5 record is more likely to happen this coming season. Mark this post for future references my friends!

The AU staff does not feel this good.

He will sign with Auburn and will make his announcement sometimes this summer. No worries with this young man. Look for UGA to have a poor season for 2015. An 8-4 or 8-5 record is more likely to happen this coming season. Mark this post for future references my friends!

The AU staff does not feel this good.

When Doc's dog barks twice, he takes that as a good sign that Auburn wins a recruiting battle. People should take his confidence with a dump truck full of salt.

• 3 weeks later...

Slow the role .. one Woody Womack saying Julian told him he committed to Georgia and another source saying he is just still on the visit with family but hasn't committed yet but the later didn't get it from Rochester himself so who knows.

The word going around UGA when they hired Rocker was that he didn't like to recruit .. God help us if he ever finds a love for it the way things are going.

Committed to UGA

"Its a long time til signing day".....or something to that effect.

We got schooled on this one.

Rocker and Pruitt are kicking Rodney Garner's reputation as a good recruiter under the curb. Why is Rodney Garner still on our staff? He has never been an above average DL coach. He made his bones as a recruiter. His @$$ is getting fried on the recruiting trail. So again, why is he still employed by AU?

Rochester is tweeting that he did NOT commit to UGA. He very well may at some

Point but he is not Committed right now.

Rochester is tweeting that he did NOT commit to UGA. He very well may at some

Point but he is not Committed right now.

Seems Woody Womack went with an emoji as him "hearing" that Rochester was committed to Georgia .. classic present day journalism there.

Committed to UGA

Rocker and Pruitt are kicking Rodney Garner's reputation as a good recruiter under the curb. Why is Rodney Garner still on our staff? He has never been an above average DL coach. He made his bones as a recruiter. His @$$ is getting fried on the recruiting trail. So again, why is he still employed by AU?

We know your thoughts on Garner. No need to continue to reiterate the same thing every time we lose to UGA in a recruiting battle.

The only good I see in Rochester not making a verbal commitment today is that maybe he will come to BCW and at least give us a fighting chance.

The word going around UGA when they hired Rocker was that he didn't like to recruit .. God help us if he ever finds a love for it the way things are going.

Kids want to play for him no doubt. but Pruitt is doing the heavy recruiting lifting w/ al most all their top defensive targets.

Committed to UGA

Many UGA DL who were drafted would beg to disagree.

Yup! No way to sugar coat this one. This is a very big loss considering the talent, need, & lead we had.

I will be glad when he does commit so I can move his thread to the Rivals section.

Saw elsewhere that he had not been to the AU campus since October.....if that's true, seems this guy was lost a long time ago.

But it does make me wonder why no visit.....he missed lots of opportunities and JMO but if the coaches were really after him (or he had any interest whatsoever) he would have been making a visit every now and then.

Find it hard to believe anyone thought he was ours to lose at this point.

Hopefully, we won't miss on some of the other big DT targets out of GA this year. I was really hoping JR would pick AU, but for now at least it's time to move on and try and get someone else.

Very disappointing. Big-time DTs are the guys most at a premium out there and to "lose" one that was all AU not that long ago is not a positive sign for our defensive recruiting. I, for one, love Garner as an AU man but prefer Rocker as our DL coach. JMO. Wish we had both with RG as TE coach.

Very disappointing. Big-time DTs are the guys most at a premium out there and to "lose" one that was all AU not that long ago is not a positive sign for our defensive recruiting. I, for one, love Garner as an AU man but prefer Rocker as our DL coach. JMO. Wish we had both with RG as TE coach.

Rocker is making huge strides there. Ask any UGA fan and they feel they made a dramatic upgrade going from Garner to Rocker on work ethic alone. I don't think Garner is necessarily lazy but he got lazy there and maybe the change of scenery in coming to AU was what he needed. Just wish he would start beating Rocker to the punch on some of these guys. First Clark, now Rochester, and most close to Brown still believe he is UGAs to lose.

I don't know why people don't want to admit rocker is a good recruiter...Probably because of the he doesn't like to recruit rumor that was made up that everybody ran with

Archived