2016 4* DT Julian Rochester (UGA commit)

AuburnArch13

Bottom line is we are getting crushed in GA right now by UGA and there is a ton of DT talent there. We need to go find it elsewhere if we are not getting the players for GA. I would imagine the State of FL has some very good DT's as well as Texas, LA, and others.

UGA cannot take them all. Like everyone else, they have needs at other positions besides DT. We'll only come up dry if our top choices that are not taken by the DullDawgs turn Auburn down to go elsewhere.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some like Rochester were leaning heavily to Auburn what changed and is it to late to change him back. If Georgia has a bad year and we are great would that change anything for the DT's we are looking at.

Some like Rochester were leaning heavily to Auburn what changed and is it to late to change him back. If Georgia has a bad year and we are great would that change anything for the DT's we are looking at.

1. it's very close. Let's just say this. Just getting him to BCW is do or die by itself. 2. Unlikely, even if UGA struggles as a team I don't see the DL struggling given the talent they have on the DL, We'd have to have their DL to struggle or Pruitt to get a HC job to open the door for AU.

1. it's very close. Let's just say this. Just getting him to BCW is do or die by itself. 2. Unlikely, even if UGA struggles as a team I don't see the DL struggling given the talent they have on the DL, We'd have to have their DL to struggle or Pruitt to get a HC job to open the door for AU.

UGA will not struggle this year. Their defense will be better and they have the best RB group in the country (Chubb, Michel, and Marshall) . The QB only needs to be serviceable and they have several highly rated guys on scholarship. For the DT's not choosing UGA there is no guarantee they come to AU. Look out for other highly aggressive recruiting staff's to jump on this, like Tenn, MI, Notre Dame, FSU, FL, Ole Miss and others.

UGA will not struggle this year. Their defense will be better and they have the best RB group in the country (Chubb, Michel, and Marshall) . The QB only needs to be serviceable and they have several highly rated guys on scholarship. For the DT's not choosing UGA there is no guarantee they come to AU. Look out for other highly aggressive recruiting staff's to jump on this, like Tenn, MI, Notre Dame, FSU, FL, Ole Miss and others.

Yeah, with exception of a few positions Georgia should be improved over last year. We still cannot be thinking IF UGA struggles bit

If our chances with any particular prospect depend on the competition "struggling" maybe that guy doesn't think enough of Auburn anyway. Leave him a number to call should he change his mind and start looking elsewhere.

If our chances with any particular prospect depend on the competition "struggling" maybe that guy doesn't think enough of Auburn anyway. Leave him a number to call should he change his mind and start looking elsewhere.

You obviously don't understand recruiting these days. The entire coaching staff has to go to these kids and kiss their feet, praise their ugly sisters and if need be, offer a scholly to their best friend. And finally sit by and watch on TV to see which cap our cute stuffed pet they pick up.....last. A demeaning business IMO.

You obviously don't understand recruiting these days. The entire coaching staff has to go to these kids and kiss their feet, praise their ugly sisters and if need be, offer a scholly to their best friend. And finally sit by and watch on TV to see which cap our cute stuffed pet they pick up.....last. A demeaning business IMO.

So what?

So what?

"So what"....is that if we make a good faith offer to a kid giving him the opportunity to play football for Auburn and he wants to go somewhere else where the coaches are showing him "more love"....then I say adios amigo. And, I NEVER complain when a kid decides to go elsewhere. He has to live with his decisions.....now ...and in the future.

It warms my heart when a guy like Corey Grant realizes he made a mistake when he selected his school and is willing to sacrifice to come to Auburn....and to see guys that walk on with no scholarship aid and bust their tails for four years for the privilege of wearing the Auburn uniform and seeing a few minutes of playing time a couple games a year.

It warms my heart when a guy like Corey Grant realizes he made a mistake when he selected his school and is willing to sacrifice to come to Auburn.

If Saban had kept Corey on offense & never broke his countless promises to Corey & his mom that he would never be moved to CB he would have never been @ Auburn. It's easy to make a sacrifice when the alternative is staying somewhere you don't trust.

It warms my heart when a guy like Corey Grant realizes he made a mistake when he selected his school and is willing to sacrifice to come to Auburn.

If Saban had kept Corey on offense & never broke his countless promises to Corey & his mom that he would never be moved to CB he would have never been @ Auburn. It's easy to make a sacrifice when the alternative is staying somewhere you don't trust.

Kids get screwed over by coaches all the time...and end up at NW Alabama or someplace like that. Not many are willing to take the route that Corey took.....'cause he could have taken that same route, not lost playing time and not had to pay for a year of school....but he decided he wanted to be at AU. I appreciate that sacrifice...just sayin'

Recruiting isn't for everyone. If you don't like the way recruiting is done, don't follow it. Simple as that.

Recruiting isn't for everyone. If you don't like the way recruiting is done, don't follow it. Simple as that.

+1

+1

times 2...Or just learn to accept the circus plus antics & not let it get to you.

Or, you can follow it like AU64 and I do and still despise the circus that recruiting has become. To follow it or not, to gripe about it or not is our personal choice. We don't need advice from the peanut gallery.

Or, you can follow it like AU64 and I do and still despise the circus that recruiting has become. To follow it or not, to gripe about it or not is our personal choice. We don't need advice from the peanut gallery.

Suit yourself, we just offered an eighth grader today. I hope you gripe about what "recruiting has become " for the next four years.

Suit yourself, we just offered an eighth grader today. I hope you gripe about what "recruiting has become " for the next four years.

This isn't your typical 8th grader. Kid is a legit talent and could start at most high schools in the country right now in the 8th grade. FWIW.

64, recruiting has been like this since the 80's. Just now coming to light with these recruiting sites. Nothing new to these coaches.

This isn't your typical 8th grader. Kid is a legit talent and could start at most high schools in the country right now in the 8th grade. FWIW.

Who is the 8th grader?

Who is the 8th grader?

Owen Pappoe. LB out of Loganville, Ga. 6'1" 205lbs.

3568073.jpg

3568070.jpg

Crazy. That kid cannot be in 8th grade. He may grow in to the size of a tall DE.

I have an 8th grader coming up next year that is 6'2" and about 275 and is solid as a brick wall. He is super quick and light on his feet. He plays guard and DT. In 4 years he will be a monster. I don't know what they feed them, but it sure makes my job easier.

I have an 8th grader coming up next year that is 6'2" and about 275 and is solid as a brick wall. He is super quick and light on his feet. He plays guard and DT. In 4 years he will be a monster. I don't know what they feed them, but it sure makes my job easier.

Let Grimes and Garner know! :)

64, recruiting has been like this since the 80's. Just now coming to light with these recruiting sites. Nothing new to these coaches.

I'm not some naif....been watching this stuff since the early 1960s and seeing about every school in the SEC being put on probation over recruiting violations... BUT...is it too much to ask that over time, we might be able to come up with a more dignified method of doing this? Maybe we are just seeing more of this because of TV and sports blogs.....but I seriously think the garbage is worse than it was in the old days, primarily because of the public adoration that is aimed at so many kids who frankly, don't have many social graces. JMO, but I think the current system smells as it does because so many people have lowered their standards and expectations.

People been tossing trash out the windows of their cars forever too....but we are still trying to raise people's awareness in hopes that folks will come to accept that everyone benefits when people don't dump their trash in public.

But guys like Andrew Williams and Kerryon Johnson give me hope.

Archived