2016 4* DT Julian Rochester (UGA commit)

AuburnArch13

Came to this post to read about J. Rochester?????

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Rochester.......not trying to be a smartass but what happened here? Word was for quite awhile that we were way ahead and even some (probably unrealistic) hopes of a commit. Now we are almost writing him off. Anything specific, hard work by Pruitt/Rocker, or just the usual recruiting nonsense? I think we'll be ok regardless but hate to see another big-time DT go to UGA. WDE.

About Rochester.......not trying to be a smartass but what happened here? Word was for quite awhile that we were way ahead and even some (probably unrealistic) hopes of a commit. Now we are almost writing him off. Anything specific, hard work by Pruitt/Rocker, or just the usual recruiting nonsense? I think we'll be ok regardless but hate to see another big-time DT go to UGA. WDE.

Went to uga and liked the place a lot.

Thing is, while this guy looks like a grown man, he is just a teenager.....maybe 16 or 17 and probably changes his mind about many things in his life every few days....young guys like this tend to fall in love with the last girl they dance with. Probably not worth getting too upset when their favorites change from time to time as long as AU stays on his list.

1. Pruitt has whipped our tail for most of his in-atate top targets including JR the past 4 months. 2. Was not unrealistix by any stretch of the term. He was close to pulling the trigger late in the 2014 calendar year.

Ok. Was that his first UGA trip or just first with Pruitt there? Thanks!

He's been there 4 or 5 times the past 3 months, AU 0.

Ok. Was that his first UGA trip or just first with Pruitt there? Thanks!

He's been there 4 or 5 times the past 3 months, AU 0.

Ouch

As Julian taken his visit to Auburn yet? We need to get him to take a visit to the Plains.

Bottom line is we are getting crushed in GA right now by UGA and there is a ton of DT talent there. We need to go find it elsewhere if we are not getting the players for GA. I would imagine the State of FL has some very good DT's as well as Texas, LA, and others.

UGA cannot take them all. Like everyone else, they have needs at other positions besides DT. We'll only come up dry if our top choices that are not taken by the DullDawgs turn Auburn down to go elsewhere.

According to the CB's, Georgia leads for 4 of the top DT's in the state, Derrick Brown (100%), Julian Rochester (57%), Tyler Clark (100%), and Michail Carter (100%). The longer that Rochester waits then the more likely it is that the other 3 commit and we get him back leaning our way. I would personally take any one of the these 4 to go along with Marlon Davidson & Antwaun Jackson and call it a day. But I agree, there is no way that UGA takes all 4. We just need to be second on their list, and I believe that we are for everyone except Michail Carter.

Bottom line is we are getting crushed in GA right now by UGA and there is a ton of DT talent there. We need to go find it elsewhere if we are not getting the players for GA. I would imagine the State of FL has some very good DT's as well as Texas, LA, and others.

UGA cannot take them all. Like everyone else, they have needs at other positions besides DT. We'll only come up dry if our top choices that are not taken by the DullDawgs turn Auburn down to go elsewhere.

According to the CB's, Georgia leads for 4 of the top DT's in the state, Derrick Brown (100%), Julian Rochester (57%), Tyler Clark (100%), and Michail Carter (100%). The longer that Rochester waits then the more likely it is that the other 3 commit and we get him back leaning our way. I would personally take any one of the these 4 to go along with Marlon Davidson & Antwaun Jackson and call it a day. But I agree, there is no way that UGA takes all 4. We just need to be second on their list, and I believe that we are for everyone except Michail Carter.

Look for AU to make a HUGE push for Michail Carter

With Daniel out we will sign a slew of DL. Muschamp and Garner were at Cedar Grove last night to watch Jackson. We have 4 offers out there now, but the others are 2017 kids.

With Daniel out we will sign a slew of DL. Muschamp and Garner were at Cedar Grove last night to watch Jackson. We have 4 offers out there now, but the others are 2017 kids.

I think AU has put Jackson at the top of the board is a MUST get. And he knows this.

I was really thinking AU in the end was going to sign JR. But after reading the new article on Rivals not so much anymore. Looks like uga is wanting him to go ahead and commit. Which JR is mulling over.

I think AU has put Jackson at the top of the board is a MUST get. And he knows this.

I was really thinking AU in the end was going to sign JR. But after reading the new article on Rivals not so much anymore. Looks like uga is wanting him to go ahead and commit. Which JR is mulling over.

I am really disappointed since I had the impression we led for JR most of the year. Last year our dline recruiting was poor and we were told not to worry that this year would be better given the greater talent and that we were leading for several. But once again, we are not getting it done and UGA is blowing us away. CWM and TRob are making an impact especially with the secondary but not the dline. I think the position coach/recruiter remains a big concern but we're obviously not going to make a change this year. If dline play doesn't improve I hope CWM is able to bring in the guy he wants.

I am really disappointed since I had the impression we led for JR most of the year. Last year our dline recruiting was poor and we were told not to worry that this year would be better given the greater talent and that we were leading for several. But once again, we are not getting it done and UGA is blowing us away. CWM and TRob are making an impact especially with the secondary but not the dline. I think the position coach/recruiter remains a big concern but we're obviously not going to make a change this year. If dline play doesn't improve I hope CWM is able to bring in the guy he wants.

This post is spot on. Other schools are using "WM will be gone in a year" and it's hurting our D recruiting. JR was a AU lock and what has happens falls right at the feet of RG. He just let JR get away. Plain and simple. I get accused of sugar coating things and maybe sometimes I do but I'm not here to blow smoke up people's you know what. AU needs Dlinemen in a BAD way are we are being smoked on the recruiting trail. Could things change? Sure. But damn.

This post is spot on. Other schools are using "WM will be gone in a year" and it's hurting our D recruiting. JR was a AU lock and what has happens falls right at the feet of RG. He just let JR get away. Plain and simple. I get accused of sugar coating things and maybe sometimes I do but I'm not here to blow smoke up people's you know what. AU needs Dlinemen in a BAD way are we are being smoked on the recruiting trail. Could things change? Sure. But damn.

Let's be specific here. We are being smoked in Georgia. Even still we have 2 good ones, we lead for 2 more in Marlon & Antwuan, & this is a deep DL class so we can close w/ the rest not having to get them from Georgia if need be. Yes RG may be dropping the ball in that state but, loathe him or not, Jeremy Pruitt has to get equal credit. For the 1st time I can remember in my life it looks like UGA will be able to put a wall around & keep their top in state targets except for 1 or so. That's impressive.

Archived