Bruce Pearl discuss upcoming season

WarNole

I like Pear'ls enthusiam and he has a great plan to raise the bar for AU basketball. I hope we as a fan base will respond and I think we will. If he is able to put a good team on the court and get us playing some quality opponents then I believe the fans will respond and show up. I seem to remember early in the Barbee tenure there was a lot of excitment about the team and the new arena but after a few seasons of seeing that we weren't getting any better and having all the players leave every year that killed the excitement. I'll be a bit nervous if we end up opening the season next year against Colorodo and hoping we don't get blown out but I agree with Pearl's thought that you have to play good teams if you want to be a good team. Iron makes iron harder and all.

I like Pear'ls enthusiam and he has a great plan to raise the bar for AU basketball. I hope we as a fan base will respond and I think we will. If he is able to put a good team on the court and get us playing some quality opponents then I believe the fans will respond and show up. I seem to remember early in the Barbee tenure there was a lot of excitment about the team and the new arena but after a few seasons of seeing that we weren't getting any better and having all the players leave every year that killed the excitement. I'll be a bit nervous if we end up opening the season next year against Colorodo and hoping we don't get blown out but I agree with Pearl's thought that you have to play good teams if you want to be a good team. Iron makes iron harder and all.

I was guessing Colorado would be the opponent in the hoops marathon. He said that would be on the road.

Really excited for the possibility of growing the program. He makes a interesting point about AU classes ending in early December and this making necessary added alum attendance at these times.

With student out most of December, who will fill the lower seats, usually student, seats?

Really excited for the possibility of growing the program. He makes a interesting point about AU classes ending in early December and this making necessary added alum attendance at these times.

With student out most of December, who will fill the lower seats, usually student, seats?

in a perfect world recruits....ideally the football team having a night to relax in preperation for the playoffs

That's a problem at most schools that are not in metropolitan areas....and the reason that so many of the ACC schools, for example, play many of their December games on the road where they or the opponent can draw a crowd.

Just thinking that AU would probably play a few of the warm-up type games on campus before the semester is over...then hit the road. AU could then play a couple December games in B'ham and also in Mobile or Atlanta....and I expect BP will get AU into some of those larger tournaments in Puerto Rico, Hawaii or such....plus there are the inter-conference games....then back on campus for the SEC games.

Archived