Antoine Mason - Basketball commitments to AU!!

JFDTiger80

Not usually Basketball recruiting on this front, but this is big, big news and I wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

Crazy awesome news here. Coach Pearl has already done more than my wildest dreams could have predicted in his first off season at AU.

Here is an article on Mason. He is the REAL DEAL! There will be tons on excitement on our floor this year. Go watch this team!

Mason is the leading returning scorer in the country and will play next year!

Niagara transfer Antoine Mason heading to Auburn

By Jeff Borzello | College Basketball Writer June 11, 2014 9:52 am ET

061114antoinemason.jpg Antoine Mason is transferring from Niagara to Auburn (USATSI)

More: Draft coverage | Coaching changes | Early Top 25 (And One)

Bruce Pearl continues to make an impact in his first offseason at Auburn.

Niagara transfer Antoine Mason announced on Wednesday morning that he will be playing for the Tigers next season.

Mason is eligible immediately.

The nation's leading returning scorer had dozens of schools on his list, although Auburn, Providence and Boston College emerged as the frontrunners. After visiting the Tigers last weekend, Mason was convinced.

Mason, the son of former New York Knick Anthony Mason and brother of former St. John's star Anthony Mason Jr., averaged 25.6 points last season. The 6-foot-3 guard finished his Niagara career as the school's third all-time leading scorer.

Topics: Auburn Tigers, Niagara Purple Eagles, NCAAB

I truly believe that we are about to see a great turnaround in basketball next season. I also believe that by adding a major scorer in Mason as well as KC Ross-Miller, Sam and Jack Purchase, we very well could find ourselves dancing in March!! I personally believe it will happen. There is just too much talent on that team now not to.

Archived