Abby Lutzenkirchen's Open Letter

around4ever

Ah, more tears. Lutz's ceremony at Lassiter High is going on right now. There won't be a dry eye in the house.

Very composed and well written out. Far better than i'd have done at her age. Hell, even now.

Terrible loss.

I'm a 38 year old father of 2, a son 11 and a daughter 9. I admit I can get choked up on occasions on things like most normal people do. However after reading that I had to shut the door to my office for a little while. The bond between big brother and little sister can be one of the best things or one of the worst things. My wife's older brother (who she was pretty close to growing up) has all but abandoned her the past few years which is tearing her up. We have caught our son on occasions being the big brother like Lutz and also have caught him being the not so nice big brother. ALL things Auburn hits home with our son, he can't get enough of it. I have even uttered the words "son if you don't stop talking about Auburn football I'm going to go crazy". He remembers the 2010 Iron Bowl and the catch Lutz did, has even re-watched the game a time or two. When he gets back from vacation on Sat he will be reading Abby's letter.

Archived