How Lane Kiffen will be as Bama OC

AUbritt

Not a terrible performance by Bama but certainly not a good one. They played a terrible defense and at times looked to get pushed around. Bama's offense from any prior year would have a put up 50 plus points on this team. What I was struck by watching this game, is the word adequate kept popping in my mind. With the exception of the running game which was strong, every position looked adequate. Not superb as was in previous years. This team unless it improves quickly will garner a few losses.

No, no, no. You're doing it all wrong, boy. Here's how Saban characterized Kiffin's performance as OC:

"Great," Saban said. "Great. Did a great job."

After all the "greats," Saban called it a "fantastic job."

"You know, the guy is a really good coach now, all right," Saban said. "Y'all need to fess up to that. And most places that don't like him is because he left and they were mad because he left. They weren't mad about anything he did while he was there. Just do a little research on that."

Now, fess up, everyone! Kiffin is great (great, great) and everyone loves him. Do your research!

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Kiffin called a fantastic game. We had some weird checks from Blake at the line and a few times where we had missed reads or had to call timeout because Sims didn't get us lined up in time.

It wasn't the playcalling that had us with 33 points instead of 47, it was execution.

The problem wasn't play calling but that's half of coaching. Okay maybe only a third. You have to look at player development and recruiting. Kiffin will recruit and his play calling suited what he had on the field. I question though why these players looked so lost and under developed. For Simms, he has been in the system for 4 years. He should be a much stronger qb than what he is. Sure Kiffin is only resposnible for player development since Spring but the entire team looked like a down grade from what we saw last year. There was enough talent on this Bama offensive team to play much better than what we saw. I really can't emphasize enough that Bama was playing a TERRIBLE defense and this is what we saw. They did not look ready to play. However, this is game one. I reserve judgement on what Kiffin brings to Alabama until they play SEC teams. BamaGrad, just out of curiosity, how do you think Bama's offense would have looked if they played Arkansas last night?

every time I hear about simms in the system 4 years I cringe. he may have a couple of months on coker, but the system is new. spells issues at qb IMO......

I think Alabama would have done about the same against Arkansas. Arky's just not very deep. WVU employs a weird 3-3-5 that we've seen in the past that we just don't like to see. But we still put up 538 yards of offense, gave up 0 sacks, and had two running backs go over 100 yards. I didn't see the same lost team that you saw. I saw mistakes that are to be expected in a first start of a QBs career with a new offensive coordinator.

Good comparison would be Auburn last year against Wash St in their opener.

Nick Marshall went 10/19 for 99 yards, Auburn put up 394 yards total, and 31 points.

Blake went 24/33 for 250 yards and Bama put up 538 yards and 33 points. Both against awful defenses. Nick looked a lot different just a few games into your season last year than he did in the first game.

Guest jojo1515

Wow bg, you really have no life, do you? Spending your Sunday morning on the board of your most hated rival arguing....cant wait for 2 weeks from now....on 9-11....you know.....the day you celebrate bear bryant.....just like you did last year. Instead of remembering all the victims of the 9-11 tragedies, you spent the day defending bamas facebook page for using the day to celebrate a freaking football coach. You should have been removed from the board that day and I for one will never forget it. You and kiffin deserve each other.

Wow bg, you really have no life, do you? Spending your Sunday morning on the board of your most hated rival arguing....cant wait for 2 weeks from now....on 9-11....you know.....the day you celebrate bear bryant.....just like you did last year. Instead of remembering all the victims of the 9-11 tragedies, you spent the day defending bamas facebook page for using the day to celebrate a freaking football coach. You should have been removed from the board that day and I for one will never forget it. You and kiffin deserve each other.

:bow::clap: :clap: :clap:

They even celebrate the old drunk on Christmas

:bow:/> :clap:/> :clap:/> :clap:/>

Haha...ok.

I was actually impressed by Alabama's offense. They were really balanced. Like BG said earlier, it was execution that kept Alabama from scoring more points. Alabama's running game is legit. Both Yeldon and Henry had over 100 yards rushing.

Uat=train wreck just around the corner. None more deserving...

You could just pull your quote from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 instead of retyping it every year.

I love football season and coming here for my sunday morning paper. Always entertaining!!

I know, I think it's funny too that BG is always on an Auburn board trying to convince us we shouldn't feel the way we do about our biggest rival. ;)

You could just pull your quote from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 instead of retyping it every year.

I have an idea. Why don't you do it? Oh, that's right, you can't because you are lying. Typical uater. Next? Hehehe

Guest jojo1515

Haha...ok.

For those that don't remember who bg really is or werent aware, read through this thread...

Haha...ok.

meme7572442602.jpg

Haha...ok.

For those that don't remember who bg really is or werent aware, read through this thread...

NEVER forget who the uaters are and what they represent. Truth shines brighter than glorified lies.

I love football season and coming here for my sunday morning paper. Always entertaining!!

I know, I think it's funny too that BG is always on an Auburn board trying to convince us we shouldn't feel the way we do about our biggest rival. ;)

I don't think our biggest rival is the same team.

I know, I think it's funny too that BG is always on an Auburn board trying to convince us we shouldn't feel the way we do about our biggest rival. ;)/>

You are 100% correct. uaters lack the ability to comprehend....

Bama's super light SEC schedule, will keep them successful this year.

The teams they have to circle is:

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(2) Texas A&M -- 7th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(4) Miss. State --10th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

Bama will cakewalk through the others with the exception of Florida and Tenn. but these teams are still rebuilding.

If they lose it will be to A&M, LSU, and of course AU. Ole Miss will give them a nail biter but think they will pull it out.

I don't think our biggest rival is the same team.

I wasn't referring to you when I said "us" and "our". I know you aren't one of us.

Waste of time. Comprehension is not taught in west vance...

Bama's super light SEC schedule, will keep them successful this year.

The teams they have to circle is:

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(2) Texas A&M -- 7th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(4) Miss. State --10th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

Bama will cakewalk through the others with the exception of Florida and Tenn. but these teams are still rebuilding.

If they lose it will be to A&M, LSU, and of course AU. Ole Miss will give them a nail biter but think they will pull it out.

In case you didn't know, Bama is rebuilding also. We have new Offensive and Defensive linemen, Linebackers, QB, Kicker, Punter, etc. I do think we are a little over-rated but then again the polls really don't matter much any more and if they did, Bama should have been between 10-15.

Archived