How Lane Kiffen will be as Bama OC

AUbritt

I am in total shock. Mustard seeds of truth. Simply amazing...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama's super light SEC schedule, will keep them successful this year.

The teams they have to circle is:

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(2) Texas A&M -- 7th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(4) Miss. State --10th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

Bama will cakewalk through the others with the exception of Florida and Tenn. but these teams are still rebuilding.

If they lose it will be to A&M, LSU, and of course AU. Ole Miss will give them a nail biter but think they will pull it out.

Wait wait wait, so because we have FIVE games that are circle worthy, we have a "super light" schedule? You still banking on Carolina being a top 10 team for your schedule? Alabama has 5 ranked teams on its schedule. Two likely top 10 teams. Most teams go a season playing 1-2 ranked teams all year. Yet our schedule is "super light?" Please be joking.

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

Bama will cakewalk through the others with the exception of Florida and Tenn. but these teams are still rebuilding.

If they lose it will be to A&M, LSU, and of course AU. Ole Miss will give them a nail biter but think they will pull it out.

In case you didn't know, Bama is rebuilding also. We have new Offensive and Defensive linemen, Linebackers, QB, Kicker, Punter, etc. I do think we are a little over-rated but then again the polls really don't matter much any more and if they did, Bama should have been between 10-15.

Yall are definitely in a transition year. I don't think yall rebuild anymore. You've got youth at many spots, talented youth but inexperienced.

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

Wait wait wait, so because we have FIVE games that are circle worthy, we have a "super light" schedule? You still banking on Carolina being a top 10 team for your schedule? Alabama has 5 ranked teams on its schedule. Two likely top 10 teams. Most teams go a season playing 1-2 ranked teams all year. Yet our schedule is "super light?" Please be joking.

Even the bamaham media admits the FACT that uat has the easiest schedule in the SEC. Set 'em up again? ;-)

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

I personally don't consider any schedule easy when your team plays in the sec west.....yall do have a very favorable schedule though.

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

I personally don't consider any schedule easy when your team plays in the sec west.....yall do have a very favorable schedule though.

The only thing rational thing I have heard that really justifies AU being ranked so low in the pre-season ratings is schedule. With Bama's schedule, we would have been ranked # 2 IMO.

How many people were basing schedule toughness on A&M sucking and Carolina having another top 10 season?

Halfway through the season, we'll know more. But I think it's safe to say an SEC West schedule plus Florida isn't the same as playing a schedule without a ranked team on it. Or one 15ish ranked team...

Guest jojo1515

(1) Ole Miss -- 5th game

(3) LSU -- 9th game

(3) Auburn -- 12th game

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule-ncaa-method/

Bamas SOS ranking this year is 95th....NEXT!!

How many people were basing schedule toughness on A&M sucking and Carolina having another top 10 season?

Halfway through the season, we'll know more. But I think it's safe to say an SEC West schedule plus Florida isn't the same as playing a schedule without a ranked team on it. Or one 15ish ranked team...

Ole Miss and Miss State are circle games?? Schedule light, like the IQ of most of your fan base.

BTW, Updykes Strength of Schedule (SOS) 95th

Auburn's SOS 16th

Now you have done it. You have stated FACTS. uaters heads may now explode...

It seems uncontroversial to me to say that Bama's schedule is way tougher than, say, tOSU's.

But it also seems uncontroversial to say that Bama's schedule is not nearly as tough as Auburn's.

It seems uncontroversial to me to say that Bama's schedule is way tougher than, say, tOSU's.

But it also seems uncontroversial to say that Bama's schedule is not nearly as tough as Auburn's.

Still UAT plays in the SEC-WEST which is the toughest conference/division in the country. Also they play 5 of the same opponents AU does. Apart from that WVU may be better this year than what anybody was expecting and UF will probably also be a lot better as well. Now Lane Kiffin, I was actually kind of impressed with his play calling. Two 100 yard rushers and they got the ball to Amari Cooper I think like 12 catches for 130 something yards. Hey may not be that bad after all idk we'll see.

Ha, citing PRESEASON strength of schedule rankings as "facts" (Hint, it's based on LAST YEAR's w/l opponent record)

Which means, for Alabama to actually have that SOS ranking at the end of the year:

Tenn will have to go 5-7 again

UF will have to go 3-9 again

WVU will have to go 4-8 again

Southern Miss will have to go 1-11 again (may happen)

Arky will have to go 3-9 again

SOS doesn't matter to me when you consider top teams. What matters is how many teams they played who are ACTUALLY good enough to threaten a top team. If Alabama played all teams who were 7-5, they'd have a top 25 SOS and not a SINGLE team on there would have a prayer of beating Alabama. How many teams does a contender play who had a pulse? In FSU's case, they don't play any team this year who would threaten a top 10 team. Alabama will play 4 (Auburn, A&M, Ole Miss, and possibly UF) 5 if you counted an SECCG.

THAT's where SOS comes into play. Not where you ranked based on not playing any 2-10 teams but playing a bunch of 6-6 teams. This is also the same reason whining about a top flight team playing an FCS school is bogus. So what Auburn or Bama play an FCS school - how is that different from playing Colorado or Kansas? YOu're still resting your starters at the half. But when we aren't playing an FCS team, we're playing 4-5 top 25 teams - while other conferences are playing 1 or 2 tops.

IMO Kiffin will be at that other college for a while because:

> Although Saban could himself almost every year attract enough O talent to make even an average OC look good, Kiffin is no dunce as an OC and savvy if not slimey recruiter in his own right.

>Bammers do not have grandiose expectations when it comes to O, unlike their expectations for D.

> Although Saban could himself almost every year attract enough O talent to make even an average OC look good, Kiffin is no dunce as an OC and savvy if not slimey recruiter in his own right.

>Bammers do not have grandiose expectations when it comes to O, unlike their expectations for D.

I think Lane still has HC aspirations. As soon as another opportunity is presented to him, he's gone. I'd be surprised if he stays more than 3 years.

bg....uat's schedule is 95TH....move along now...

I think Lane still has HC aspirations. As soon as another opportunity is presented to him, he's gone. I'd be surprised if he stays more than 3 years.

He's going to need to have great success to have another good HC offer.

By "great success" you mean marked improvements in the "not being a douchebag" department. And I'm sad to report, he was wearing sunglasses indoors Saturday. I wish I was kidding.

By "great success" you mean marked improvements in the "not being a douchebag" department. And I'm sad to report, he was wearing sunglasses indoors Saturday. I wish I was kidding.

;D

Archived