DIRECTV / SEC Network getting closer to a deal ...

RunInRed

DIRECTV appears to be the only major provider outstanding ...

I've always liked directv in the past but dish looks to be the way to go. With dish you can also watch espn etc on mobile devices

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a year left on my Direct TV contract. I got a nice offer from DISH to come back, so I thought I'd call Direct and see what I could learn.

The CSR I talked to in the retention department actually seemed very knowledgeable and helpful. She said the contract was done (they had gotten their corporate email confirming it) and SECNetwork would be airing before the 1st game takes place. She said the announcement would come through the Direct TV Promise website. However she also said that a commercial for the SEC Network should have the Direct TV logo in the bottom corner soon. So I got some money off my monthly bill, movie channels for 3 months and NFL Sunday Ticket for almost nothing. Overall I'm pretty happy.

DirecTV CEO Mike White says company has agreed on rates for ESPN's SEC Network and is optimistic it will launch it.

@JBFlint

its_happening_ron_pau2l3_gif.gif

Yep, the DirecTV deal with SEC Network is all but done. Look for an official release early next week. Per unnamed ESPN source.

Yep, the DirecTV deal with SEC Network is all but done. Look for an official release early next week. Per unnamed ESPN source.

i have already made the switch to dish network, so i don't have a dog in this fight, but i have doubts that it will launch on direct in time for the season opener.....they are giving everybody breaks on pricing, plus free stuff just to keep them....would they do this if they were going to carry the SEC network?....maybe they are, but i just decided to make a "bidness decision" and not chance it

I think I just heard F-baum report that DirecTV has made it official.

also finally gets access to all the online content on espn too I think.

That's good. I've been borrowing my dad's Charter login for quite a while now.

also finally gets access to all the online content on espn too I think.

so you can now stream the espn networks via mobile device ? Were can I find this info?

Any idea what the additional cost per month will be for the sec network on directv? How about for dish?

Any idea what the additional cost per month will be for the sec network on directv? How about for dish?

I can't remember where I read it, but I remember seeing something like an extra $1.50-3.00 a month.

Archived