DIRECTV / SEC Network getting closer to a deal ...

RunInRed

ANY news on CHARTER???

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As big of a deal this news is for all of us DirecTV subscribers, they have not even added the news to their DirecTV Sports News. :dunno:

ANY news on CHARTER???

Yes

On Monday, KOMU confirmed both CenturyLink, Charter Communications and DirecTV have agreed to terms with ESPN to carry the SEC Network.

Included in America's 200 and above on DISH and Digital Preferred and above on Xfinity

Its Top 120 Plus and above on Dish...

ANY news on CHARTER???

Yes

On Monday, KOMU confirmed both CenturyLink, Charter Communications and DirecTV have agreed to terms with ESPN to carry the SEC Network.

Golf are you from central Missouri

ANY news on CHARTER???

Yes

No orginally from Northwest Al. a very very long time ago. KOMU was the first site to come with info on Charter

ANY news on CHARTER???

Yes

No orginally from Northwest Al. a very very long time ago. KOMU was the first site to come with info on Charter

That's funny. I asked because I read this earlier. That station is owned by the university of Missouri. I live in columbia

Whew. Charter finally on board.

Shout out to Dish. I just got Dish Network and I can say I am extremely satisfied. They came early to install and done a professional job. Directv was previously installed and it was the worst install you'd ever see. I'm sure everyone will get different results, but for me I give em a 10 so far. Can't wait for the SEC Network.

Shout out to Dish. I just got Dish Network and I can say I am extremely satisfied. They came early to install and done a professional job. Directv was previously installed and it was the worst install you'd ever see. I'm sure everyone will get different results, but for me I give em a 10 so far. Can't wait for the SEC Network.

Honestly this is probably the line every company uses. When I bought my house dish was installed and I already had directv. They came to install and said it was wired incorrectly. I'm starting to believe it's not incorrect just not how each company wires things.

Honestly this is probably the line every company uses. When I bought my house dish was installed and I already had directv. They came to install and said it was wired incorrectly. I'm starting to believe it's not incorrect just not how each company wires things.

We previously had Dish and got Direct TV last year. The Direct TV installer said the same thing about Dish (and honestly the wife and I both thought he was much more competent than the Dish installers). We've been much more happy with Direct TV than Dish. When I called last week to get a rate reduction (still have 1 year left on contract) the CSR was very knowledgeable, gave me up to date info about the SEC Network, and gave me the reductions I wanted. Dish certainly gained some new customers though with their early movement on the SEC Network - smart move on their part.

I'm saying that it was wired incorrectly The Dish people agreed but didn't bash em or nothing. They had lose wires running outside and the interior had no wall plates, they put the living room on a splitter and instead of installing an outlet in the bedroom they just drilled a hole all the way through and ran it off the splitter. It looked like he put 30 minutes of work into installing the whole system in 3 rooms. If I was the landlord I'd of been pissed. Dish basically did a makeover and improved the property's apperance.

I'm saying that it was wired incorrectly The Dish people agreed but didn't bash em or nothing. They had lose wires running outside and the interior had no wall plates, they put the living room on a splitter and instead of installing an outlet in the bedroom they just drilled a hole all the way through and ran it off the splitter. It looked like he put 30 minutes of work into installing the whole system in 3 rooms. If I was the landlord I'd of been pissed. Dish basically did a makeover and improved the property's apperance.

The original DISH guys did something similar (incorrectly) on our house that the Direct guy had to fix. I think this is not necessarily a function of which company you have but instead is a function of whether or not you happen to get a competent/conscientious installer.

The original DISH guys did something similar (incorrectly) on our house that the Direct guy had to fix. I think this is not necessarily a function of which company you have but instead is a function of whether or not you happen to get a competent/conscientious installer.

^^This. My first Directv install 3 years ago was beyond horrible. Much worse than anything described here, including screwing my dish directly into the roof shigles and boring a hole through them to run the cables. Of course it leaked. He then drilled holes into the ceiling corners in the rooms where I had requested service, and ran a cable down the walls of each. I fixed all of that when I remodeled the house. When I requested that my dish be removed from the roof for a new roofing job, the 2nd Directv installer arrived, saw it, gasped, and apologized repeatedly for the mess the 1st installer created. The 2nd installer did a fantastic job!

Bingo! Most installers are independent contractors, not employees of the company they are installing for. The same guy may install Dish at one house and DirecTV at his neighbor's house. Some of them know what they are doing, some obviously do not.

Question for DirecTV users--I know the channel is 611....is the channel already showing on the menu or it will not appear until launch later today? I was thinking I have the correct channel package but when I looked earlier the channel was not showing at this point. Just checking to see if this should be the case or maybe I don't have the right channel package.

Question for DirecTV users--I know the channel is 611....is the channel already showing on the menu or it will not appear until launch later today? I was thinking I have the correct channel package but when I looked earlier the channel was not showing at this point. Just checking to see if this should be the case or maybe I don't have the right channel package.

It is showing on my guide as of this morning

It was not showing up on my channel guide earlier today before I left for work, and I have most of the premium packages so it should be there eventually. Directv probably sends out service notice updates to one particular group of boxes at a time through the satellites, and that could potentially take all day to update all of the boxes out there (which number in the millions). Some people likely have it already, while it may take others until close to the 6:00pm opening time to show up.

Not showing on my guide and I have Total Choice Extra. I just called Directv and the rep said it would show up when the network is launced, which will be 5 CST.

Archived