July 19th Weekend Visitors

au_bsci_04

Really impressive group. Especially the 2016 group. What brought this big weekend about?

There's always camps in the summer, but timing this camp to occur following Bama camps during the week and Dawg Night on Friday, there were a lot if high profile recruits already in the area.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do you guys think that we have a legitimate shot at Isaac Nauta? Or are we just another SEC offer? We already have Landon Rice committed...

I think we are seriously interested. Gus can use different type athletes for the TE position and accomplish different things. I think Nauta's real interest will be in seeing how we use the TE this season. Nauta is definitely more in the mold of Uzomah than Fulse.

Bryan Matthews@BMattAU 45m

Auburn offered 2015 DB Chris Westry and a 2016 LB Jaleel Laguins after Sunday's camp

Chris Westry kid is pretty intriguing. He is 6'4 and supposedly runs a 4.41 according to this Florida link.

http://florida.scout...ary-gator-offer

He seems to play on a pretty bad team because his team was continually gashed up the gut in his highlights. Other than that, what is the scoop on why he is ranked so low?

I like the thought of having a 6'4" guy in the secondary that can runs a 4.4? Sign him up

I like the thought of having a 6'4" guy in the secondary that can runs a 4.4? Sign him up

im with you there. im all ready starting to have dreams of a legion of boom at Auburn

I think we are seriously interested. Gus can use different type athletes for the TE position and accomplish different things. I think Nauta's real interest will be in seeing how we use the TE this season. Nauta is definitely more in the mold of Uzomah than Fulse.

He's probably a long shot but I really want Nauta. It's about time we landed a 5* TE. In 2015 TE is the only position (except K) that we won't have at least one 4* or 5* in the depth chart. And our kickers are rated as high as any in the country.

He's probably a long shot but I really want Nauta. It's about time we landed a 5* TE. In 2015 TE is the only position (except K) that we won't have at least one 4* or 5* in the depth chart. And our kickers are rated as high as any in the country.

I am not sure there is such a thing as a 4 or 5 star K. The highest K rating I have seen is a 3. Recruiting services do not take the time to rank K's, you have to go to Kohl's or Sailer who are the 2 kicker rating sites.

im with you there. im all ready starting to have dreams of a legion of boom at Auburn

That is an awesome phrase, kudos to whoever thought that one up. "a Legion of Boom" we need to coin that one. :bow: :bow: :bow:

That is an awesome phrase, kudos to whoever thought that one up. "a Legion of Boom" we need to coin that one. :bow:/> :bow:/> :bow:/>

The Seattle seahawks use that phrase. I am not sure if they started it though . We do need our own LOB...

Really impressive group. Especially the 2016 group. What brought this big weekend about?

Annual Rising Junior Camp.

So do you guys think that we have a legitimate shot at Isaac Nauta? Or are we just another SEC offer? We already have Landon Rice committed...

We're a top 5 player but FSU likely leads. Rice is working him hard though and they are close friends.

Auburn offered 2015 DB Chris Westry and a 2016 LB Jaleel Laguins after Sunday's camp

Chris Westry kid is pretty intriguing. He is 6'4 and supposedly runs a 4.41 according to this Florida link.

He seems to play on a pretty bad team because his team was continually gashed up the gut in his highlights. Other than that, what is the scoop on why he is ranked so low?

Given his only quality offers are AU and UF it's likely he was just now spotted on the recruiting scene.

Given his only quality offers are AU and UF it's likely he was just now spotted on the recruiting scene.

Thanks E, do you know how the visit went for him?

http://recruiting.sc.../2/1423106.html

From Chad Simmons:

1348867.jpg

Auburn had many top prospects working out inside their stadium Saturday night and Scout takes names its Top 10 Performers here...

Chris Barnes | 2016 OL | Leesburg (Ga.) Lee County

It has been a good spring and summer for the Peach State OL. He is likely a guard in college and he worked some there at AuburnSaturday. He is still learning that position being he is a tackle for his high school team. His body is developing nicely and he has good feet and flexibility.

Larry Collins | 2016 WR | Hopkins (S.C.) Lower Richland

Good size and one of those wide receivers that draws eyes due to his size (6-foot-2, 190 pounds). He adjusted well to the ball Saturday and showed strong hands. Not elite speed, but fast enough and someone who has two more high school seasons to get better.

Marlon Davidson | 2016 DE | Montgomery (Ala.) Carver

An animal through the drills and took as many reps during the one-on-one session as anyone. Showed very good hand quickness and he carries 270 pounds very well. Worked at end and tackle with success at each position. Plays some linebacker in high school, so that tells you how athletic he is. A high ceiling here.

Kaleel Gaines | 2015 ATH | Frostproof (Fla.)

One of the guys who created a buzz Saturday night in Auburn, Ala. He is very quick and shifty. He worked at wide receiver and he made his share of plays. More quick than fast, but very fluid, and showed that quick twitch. Could project as a slot or defensive back on the next level. Easy to see him as a punt return guy as well.

Jawon Pass | 2016 QB | Columbus (Ga.) Carver

This was the best Pass has looked in front of Scout this off-season. He is a quarterback who continues to improve. His mechanics are better, but still an area that he can improve. His accuracy has really improved and just his awareness stands out as much as anything. Dropped balls in there numerous times against tight coverage Saturday.

Jamal Pettigrew | 2016 TE | New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine

A tight end that is easy to like. He catches the ball naturally and he has a great frame (6-5, 225 pounds). His lower-body is great, but still has a lot of developing to do up top. Gives the quarterback a big target to throw to and he is more of a big receiver than true tight end right now, but he has a nice upside.

Darnell Salomon | 2016 WR | Hialeah (Fla.) Champagnat Catholic

There are expectations here because of his high ranking on Scout and everywhere he has competed recently, he has at minimum, met those. He is fast, he is fluid, he has dependable hands, and his route-running was outstanding at Auburn. He was setting up defenders, getting them off balance, and abusing them on a regular basis.

Tre Turner | 2016 RB | New Orleans (La.) Holy Cross

It has been a busy summer for Turner with football camps and baseball games, but he showed energy and speed. Short, compact frame with a good burst and hands to receive the ball out of the backfield. Ran two sub 4.5 second times in the 40 yard dash.

Chidi Valentine-Okeke | 2016 OT | Hialeah (Fla.) Champagnat Catholic

When he walks in, everyone knows it. The junior looks like a three year veteran in the NFL on the hoof and in the face. He has that mean, intimidating look at all times and you see a 6-6, 300 pound offensive tackle with light feet, extremely long arms, and flexibility during the camp. He will be one of the most sought after prospects in 2016.

JoeJuan Williams | 2016 S | Nashville (Tenn.) Father Ryan

Worked at corner and did well there, but Scout projects him as a safety on the next level. Outside linebacker is not out of the question. He has good athleticism and a nose for the football. His length is good and closing speed is a strength. Auburn offered him after his camp performance.

Are there any of these visitors over the weekend on "commitment watch", or most of them waiting. I would love to see a couple of commits over the next few weeks.

Full list of rated visitors this past weekend. Added 4 from the 2015 class and 10 from the 2016 class. New names in bold and OP will be updated also.

5* DT Trent Thompson

4* QB Tyler Queen (AU commit)

4* OT Tyler Carr (AU commit)

4* S Jordan Colbert (AU commit) Participated in Senior Camp Sunday even though not needed

4* Dual QB Dre Francois

4* DE Kyle Phillips (AU has picked up the heat)

4* LB Tevon Coney

4* LB Richard McBryde

3* TE Jalen Harris (AU commit)

3* Dual QB Lamar Jackson

3* CB Kaleel Gaines (brother of Xavier)

3* CB Chris Westry (picked up AU offer at Senior Camp on Sunday)

3* CB Ugo Amadi (Ole Miss commit)

5* WR Nate Craig

5* TE Isaac Nauta

5* RB Tavien Feaster

5* WR Darnell Salomon

4* OLB Jaleel Laguins (earned offer at Junior Camp on Saturday)

4* S Joejuan Williams (earned offer at Junior Camp on Saturday)

4* CB John Broussard

4* Dual QB Jawon Pass

4* TE Landon Rice (AU commit)

4* SDE Marlon Davidson (brother of Ken Carter)

4* DT Shug Frazier

4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke

4* CB Khalil Ladler

4* DE McTelvin Agim

4* OT EJ Prince

4* S Kyle Davis

4* RB Tre Turner

4* TE Jamal Pettigrew

4* LB Shaq Quarterman (Miami commit)

4* #1 ATH Demetris Robertson (Bama commit)

4* Dual QB Xavier Gaines

4* RB Antonio Williams

4* OT Bryce Mathews

3* OT Chris Barnes

NR WR Larry Collins (even though not rated worth mentioning he was a top 10 performer at AU's Junior Camp on Saturday by Scout)

Thanks E, do you know how the visit went for him?

Good is about all I can say. There was not much substance in his premium interviews.

Are there any of these visitors over the weekend on "commitment watch", or most of them waiting. I would love to see a couple of commits over the next few weeks.

Not likely.

Not likely.

Did nate sneak up on you, E? :) wde

Archived