USC SOS projection

Weagle98

Alright, Stick with me here. What are the "Great Wins" that USC has had this year to signify that they are a #1 team: Virginia Tech and California. What if USC barely beats Oklahoma, we crush Virginia Tech and California losses to a mighty Texas Tech (7-4) team? After Cali's poor showing with USM, it would be obvious that USC really only beat one quality team that AU didn't, Oklahoma.

That being said I think Oklahoma is going to win.

I'm frustrated if you can't tell. :(

WE98, that is the same conclusion that I came to this weekend after watching Cal versus Southern Miss. If that is their toughest competition in the Pac 10, then the Pac 10 must be no better than Conference USA or the Sun Belt. The Orange Bowl should be AU - OK and USC should be on the sidelines just as they were last year.

If not for total incompetence (or predetermination) by the refs, USC would have lost to UCLA this last weekend and there would be no debate.

FUSC has always been the media darlings. While FUSC did play more OOC BCS teams than Auburn and OU, that cannot make up for the weak conference that is the PAC 10. The same argument was made last year and that is why the AP lobbied to remove strength of schedule from the equation. Undoubtedly, a team that plays 4 top 15 teams, which is more than OU and FUSC combined, has a better SOS despite patsie OOC opponents.

Believe me when I say that LSU fans share your frustration, in part, because now we hear that the Orange Bowl is the National Championship game but yet last year the Sugar Bowl was the BCS Championship game. IMO, FUSC has done everything to cheapen the National Championship altogether. You don't hear Pete Carroll whinning this year. Instead, P.C. say that the system (magically) works.

Archived