Updyke dunk tank

WFE12

In fairness, I don't know that Bonner and the McCarrons were aware of Updyke's involvement when they agreed to help. Hodges, for all his good intentions, showed very poor judgment in scheduling Harvey. (Either that, or he's a PR genius, because this event has gotten FAR more publicity than it otherwise would have.)

Don't give AJ and Double D more credit than they deserve. From the release: "Former Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron and his mother are helping organize the event." If they are helping organize it, they knew Updick (sp) was involved.

Don't believe everything you read in a press release. Do you really think AJ McCarron is taking time while he's at the Cincinnati Bengals training camp to organize a charity event? His name is attached to the event because it helps with publicity. And you can't assume that someone helping organize one aspect of an event is aware of every other aspect of that event. Bonner may or may not have known about Updyke, but I can almost guarantee AJ did not.

Some of you are letting your dislike of everything Bama get in the way of rational thinking.

Are u bamas ultimate defender or what?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, I don't know that Bonner and the McCarrons were aware of Updyke's involvement when they agreed to help. Hodges, for all his good intentions, showed very poor judgment in scheduling Harvey. (Either that, or he's a PR genius, because this event has gotten FAR more publicity than it otherwise would have.)

Don't give AJ and Double D more credit than they deserve. From the release: "Former Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron and his mother are helping organize the event." If they are helping organize it, they knew Updick (sp) was involved.

Don't believe everything you read in a press release. Do you really think AJ McCarron is taking time while he's at the Cincinnati Bengals training camp to organize a charity event? His name is attached to the event because it helps with publicity. And you can't assume that someone helping organize one aspect of an event is aware of every other aspect of that event. Bonner may or may not have known about Updyke, but I can almost guarantee AJ did not.

Some of you are letting your dislike of everything Bama get in the way of rational thinking.

Not always, sometimes he is too busy defending BSPN.

I just don't hate Bama the way some of you obviously do. My father-in-law is a Bama grad, and one of the finest men I know. (Both of his kids went to Auburn, so he can't be all bad.) I don't live in Alabama, and I've never been around the obnoxious Bama fans (except when I've been to the games). I do sympathize with how some of you must feel, because I used to work with one of the most obnoxious Oklahoma fans on the planet. Even my daughter going to OU couldn't change my opinion of them.

Seriously, some of you let your dislike of Bama cloud your judgment. I just try to balance that a little.

All good posts but Updyke should just go away but we all know he will not. So what are we "Auburn Fans" to do. Yes turds have some good fans but the bad ones they have are the worst of the worst. The dunk crap was a terrible idea keeping the flames going.

Wonder if the story of the Alabama fan poisoning an Auburn fan in Tuscaloosa on Friday will get the same airplay? Yeah, when pigs fly(and they will be flying all over the place, but they are too slow, and can't keep up.)

Wonder if the story of the Alabama fan poisoning an Auburn fan in Tuscaloosa on Friday will get the same airplay? Yeah, when pigs fly(and they will be flying all over the place, but they are too slow, and can't keep up.)

Link?

Pigs will fly next saturday after contact with Auburn players.

All good posts but Updyke should just go away but we all know he will not. So what are we "Auburn Fans" to do. Yes turds have some good fans but the bad ones they have are the worst of the worst. The dunk crap was a terrible idea keeping the flames going.

^This^

I just don't hate Bama the way some of you obviously do. My father-in-law is a Bama grad, and one of the finest men I know. (Both of his kids went to Auburn, so he can't be all bad.) I don't live in Alabama, and I've never been around the obnoxious Bama fans (except when I've been to the games). I do sympathize with how some of you must feel, because I used to work with one of the most obnoxious Oklahoma fans on the planet. Even my daughter going to OU couldn't change my opinion of them.

Seriously, some of you let your dislike of Bama cloud your judgment. I just try to balance that a little.

well, there lies the mystery. consider yourself extremely lucky. there is no good way to for us to express in the written word what you have so graciously been absent of.

Yeah. I'm not sure how one can be an Auburn fan and not have run into an obnoxious bama fan. It's not dependent on the state you live in either.

The first week we moved out here to Northern Colorado, a bama fan was hanging out the window of his car screaming, "Roh tahd!" at me. We were both going over 50mph and my widows were up.

Yeah. I'm not sure how one can be an Auburn fan and not have run into an obnoxious bama fan. It's not dependent on the state you live in either.

The first week we moved out here to Northern Colorado, a bama fan was hanging out the window of his car screaming, "Roh tahd!" at me. We were both going over 50mph and my widows were up.

I should probably clarify ... it's not that I've never encountered an obnoxious Bama fan, but I've never had to live or work around any on a regular basis. Those I am related to or have worked with have been of the rational sort. The OU fans I've been around make up for it, though. I worked with one through the 2004 season, and he could not go for an hour without saying something about OU and/or Auburn, so I can imagine what some of you have to live with.

It's amazing how WarEagle 84 has never encountered anything like this, and finds nothing bias from BSPN. I guess he is just living right.

If this helps. I lived in Oklahoma and Alabama and my sister is a graduate of Oklahoma State. Even she says Oklahoma fans don't compare to the levels of Alabama fans.

Probably fake, you know they have upgraded the planting of the winter rye grass to say 28-27 into Auburn "burned it" into the grass and could of caught the whole university on fire. Al.com comments can be entertaining at times.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Things like that I generally find more humorous than annoying. If I saw it on a daily basis, I'd probably feel differently.

Archived