Positives Arkansas '14

PCBAuburnaFan

Our offense is awesome and not one dimensional, teams will not know how to prepare or us. Special teams played really well. defense made the adjustments they needed to and despite all those hat are down on the D Arky was the same team in both half's we just got better. We now have three great WR's. And our RB's are picking up right where they left off last year.

600 yards of offense?!?! Against any sec team! Almost 50/50 run/pass. 2 different emphasis in 1st/2nd half. Are u kidding me?!?! That is awesome.

2 yards rushing D in second half against a power rushing sec team. That too is awesome.

I expect we will improve as the competition improves. Gotta stay healthy.

Thanks to the OP, all your statements are true( wish others on the board could say the same about their comments). As some have said this is the first game so for some of these guys it was the first live game. That said, this team is already equal to last years team late in the fall (maybe even by the uat game). I have no doubt that if we played uat next week this team would win (even in t-town). The problem for the other teams is AU will get better as the year goes on. I have heard several announcers already say that AU offense is in a class of their own. Special Teams is excellent again, and the defense is improving. Most forget even though we won last year we gave up quite a few 400+ yard games. It will take CEJ a little bit of time to figure out his strengths but believe me he has the players at his disposal to have a great defense. Folks need to remember the great uat team gave up more yards and points this weekend to a less superior team. Sign of the times. The new quick strike offenses give the opponents more opportunities. WDE

1. Defense adjusted well. Considering our linebackers were playing in different spots than last season, JG at star hadn't played in almost a year, and we were breaking in a couple of new safeties on the two deep, I expected some issues with alignment in the first half. (mis-alignments is what led to the gapping holes we saw).

2. Punt returns were outstanding. Bray looked comfortable and confident and got up field for a couple of nice returns. Got a little conservative with fair catches in the second half but I think that was by design.

3. Kicking/Punting/Kickoffs all looked great. Bounced one off the upright, but it was a solid kick from distance, not a shank.

4. Passing game looked outstanding. All of the recievers and the qbs all looked good.

5. The biggest positive to me was the team chemistry/confidence. This game felt exactly like most games last season. The players were all calm during the early adversity and responded to challenge. Just feels like this team is picking up right were we left off last season.

5. The biggest positive to me was the team chemistry/confidence. This game felt exactly like most games last season. The players were all calm during the early adversity and responded to challenge. Just feels like this team is picking up right were we left off last season.

I don't think it can be said enough. This team knows that they can beat any team in the country, but also that they didn't beat every team they played last season. That combination of talent, leadership, confidence and focus should be something to behold all season long.

I don't think it can be said enough. This team knows that they can beat any team in the country, but also that they didn't beat every team they played last season. That combination of talent, leadership, confidence and focus should be something to behold all season long.

Yep. The team came out after the delay and looked like there wasn't a delay at all. Went back to business.

1. Our receivers are too good, and I wonder if at any point this season it will be appropriate to let the pass set up the run.

2. In the same vein, Gus's offense seems to always hit a 2nd or 3rd Quarter lull. It's like the play calling gets wonky. I hope the staff can recognize when we typically fall into the offensive lapse and bring in JJ for a complete change in attack. Maybe we could develop an alternation between Nick and JJ that keeps the play calling fresh and the defense guessing.

3. If ever a team could successfully run a 2 QB-at-once system, it's this Auburn team. Both QB's could be legit receiving threats and/or running threats. It's Gus's genius that he doesn't try to do things he doesn't need to do, and we probably don'y need anything more than our regular offense... but it would be fun.

4. I'll reserve judgement on the defense until we play K-State. They need to be better this year, and for all but 3 Arkansas drives they looked great. On those 3 drives (which went the full length of the field) they looked awful.

5. We should beat LSU badly.

1. O-line great pass protection and great run blocking and that was first game as a unit. They will get better and better. - SCARY

2. Didn't need to show people that JJ can run

3. Great receivers who go after the Ball. Balls were caught that were not always great throws look at Ray.Sammie almost made another great one-handed catch near the end zone. He went up and got a hand on it.

4. Auburn Fans stayed throughout the weather delay - best fans in the US

5. Team didn't loose any momentum after the delay

6. Coaching staff made great half time adjustments.

7. I need a couple more games before I can decide what type of D we will have but I saw the effort against Arky even in the first half and that gives me hope.

Archived