Jameis now suspended for entire Clemson game

AUbritt

JMO but some of the folks slamming JW and how FSU handled things, would be trying to find ways to excuse the behavior if it happened to a player at their school. Way too many people living in glass houses are throwing stones in this case.

It's an FSU problem....let them handle it...and when we have something at AU of a similar nature I would expect the bammers and choppers to let AU handle it. .....it won't happen that way of course....but the outright hypocrisy from all sides over JW is really disgusting.

Disagree sir. If it was just one incident, I'd say no big deal. This is a pattern with him. Considering the history at FSU of letting things slide. They aren't known as the criminoles for no reason and Spurrier didn't call them Free Shoes University for no reason. The botched handling of the incident with that young woman and the title IX investigation into it gives ample reason to question how things are being handled.

I understand all of that but why do so many Auburn people feel the need to beat the drum over the punishment, etc? That's all I'm saying. Matthew 7:3

I think it's just that people are sick of what is happening to college football. And what happened to Cam has also left some bad feelings about how JW's situation has been handled.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From everything that's being said, I have to believe this added suspension of the entire game has to do with Winston lying about the whole ordeal to the university higher ups. Initially I thought it was FSU caving to social media and media pressure, but it looks like that's not the case here. Interestingly enough, it may be even bigger than just this game:

Chris Nee (FSU 247 mod) posted this:

"Word is that Winston wasn't completely honest in how he explained things to administration. Administration has learned more about what occurred (the continuing investigation part of the release). They aren't happy about any of it. Some feel they have stuck their necks out a lot for someone who isn't shooting them straight.

Not sure what the endgame is for the whole situation beyond the one-game suspension. It may be as simple as that, may not be. I don't think the case is closed and over with at this point."

Some are supposing that there's been more that's been uncovered in the ongoing investigation of his rape case that has signed is playing days death warrant at FSU. I'm not willing to go that far yet, but not ruling it out either.

The comment about "stuck their necks out" is an understatement about what FSU has done to allow JW to continue to play. They have risked their program and the school's federal funding on a player with habitual behavior problems.

You can't trust this guy for what he tells you about the past or what he'll do in the future.

He lied claiming he was sitting, instead of standing when he screamed the comments?....... So they up the suspension based on that lie? ....What a joke FSU has made of themselves.

Doesn't matter what he lied about, if he lied to the administration, then they have no trust in him. If he lied over something as silly/simple about whether he was standing or sitting, then what else might he have lied about during the Title IX investigation that will land the university in much deeper trouble. They have to show they are taking some actions against the actions of the imbecile.

Ok. I'm 1.5 hrs from Tallahassee and get their news.

1st Reported that it was because he lied...then confirmed not true.

What happened was that Jimbob Fisher was cut out of the decision making and the FSU interim president handed Down the whole game suspension. They are feeling the public perception of the university is being ruined...

they are correct, but about 2 years too late and still too light if you ask me. This is his 4th issue at FSU and he's still on the team? How? If this was going on at Auburn the rest of the nation would be calling for his head and the death penalty for the program. WTF does it take before this kid gets actually punished? It's obvious that the Tallahassee police and campus police aren't going to do it, it's clear that Jimbob Fisher isn't going to do it. And it's looking like the acting president of the university is scared to do it as well. This jacktard should already be back at his mommy's house in bamerham with no scholarship to anywhere but the jail cell.

And as far as him lieing...really?? They only had the entire student union meeting in attendance for his stupid antics. This is nothing more than a cover up for JW not doing enough after the media backlash for 1/2 a game.

Where he was standing? Who he said it in front of makes a difference, but this sounds like FSU was looking for a reason to raise the suspension to a full game.

I think JW is getting the official treatment that the FBI usually hands out. Any inaccuracy in a statement to an investigator can result in more punishment.

Bruce Feldman ✔ @BruceFeldmanCFBFollow

SOURCE:Winston's suspension due to FSU administration finding discrepency w/ his account of where he was standing when saying the obscenities

11:22 PM - 19 Sep 2014

This sounds to me like a decision looking for an excuse.

Archived