Liberal Humor (In case you wondered what makes us laugh)

homersapien

Enjoying it while I can. On the one hand, I'm happy he's moving on up in the world to take over for Letterman; on the other, I'm sad that we're losing the Colbert Report.

First, it was undeniably disrespectful to salute a Marine like Obama did.

You know this, Colbert knows this, hell, no one doesn't know this.

But this ' humor', this feigned indignation and mocking of a very legitimate story, hell, Colbert could carry on like this w/ the Ray Rice video, and his audience would still laugh themselves silly.

That ain't humor.

But this ' humor', this feigned indignation and mocking of a very legitimate story, hell, Colbert could carry on like this w/ the Ray Rice video, and his audience would still laugh themselves silly.

That ain't humor.

Hey, it's not our fault you have no sense of humor.

That ain't humor.

I haven't seen you post in a while. I did NOT miss you.

That ain't humor.

Sorry I conjured him up.

Enjoying it while I can. On the one hand, I'm happy he's moving on up in the world to take over for Letterman; on the other, I'm sad that we're losing the Colbert Report.

Yep. I congratulate Stephen on his promotion, but will miss his Comedy Central show greatly. I've read that he will revert to his real personality upon replacing Letterman and abandon the persona of "Indignant Conservative" that he honed to such satirical comedic brilliance on the "Report". That will sadden me.

For years, The Daily Show followed by The Colbert Report has been both the funniest and the most truthful hour on television!

While I often get a kick out of Colbert, I've personally not met a soldier who has found the presidents salute humorous.

That ain't humor.

Sorry I conjured him up.

Well, next time be more careful.

Looks like Colbert is reading from a teleprompter to mainly make fun of people at Fox News who are not using teleprompters?

It just struck me that Colbert does look a lot like an elf..... I guess that explains his Hobbit fascination

Looks like Colbert is reading from a teleprompter to mainly make fun of people at Fox News who are not using teleprompters?

It just struck me that Colbert does look a lot like an elf..... I guess that explains his Hobbit fascination

Given that his character is primarily a sendup of O'Reilly, and O'Reilly's unfortunate history with a teleprompter, that's actually pretty funny.

While I often get a kick out of Colbert, I've personally not met a soldier who has found the presidents salute humorous.

It's not the salute that's funny, it's the reaction from the Obama-haters.

What is it about teleprompters with you folks? :-\

Stephen Colbert is an 2011 IAVA Civilian Service Honoree and toured with the USO. He has earned the right to make light of this issue.

I remember when he did his four episode USO special a few years back, which included getting his head shaved. The audience loved him.

What about the reaction from our troops? Shouldn't that be the primary concern and not some obama hater?

What about the reaction from our troops? Shouldn't that be the primary concern and not some obama hater?

I have faith they can handle it. :-\

In other words, you have no problem that they do not respect the CIC. Got it.

No, in other words, I don't have a "primary concern" about how our troops feel about this.

I trust you comforted all those troops you have personally encountered that were so insulted. :rolleyes:

No, in other words, I don't have a "primary concern" about how our troops feel about this.

I trust you comforted all those troops you have personally encountered that were so insulted. :rolleyes:

Of course not. It is not global warming or legalization of marijuana. All else rolls off the ole back aye? :hellyeah:

Actually, I took Homer to mean he had faith that our troops were professional and faithful enough to continue doing their jobs with pride and excellence, protect our nation, and respect their commanders without having the "hissy-fit" that some folks are having over the incident. :-\

(...as do I!)

Actually, I took Homer to mean he had faith that our troops were mature enough to continue to be professionals, do their jobs with pride and devotion, protect our nation, and respect their commanders without having the "hissy-fit" that some folks are having over the incident. :-\

Dang! I missed a hissy-fit?

Archived