Rate Auburn Quarterbacks

JTTIGER

I suppose your rankings are the "modern era" only. There were several OUTSTANDING QB's at Auburn among which was Lloyd Nix who Quarterbacked a National Championship team, Jimmy Sidle, Jeff Burger and Randy Campbell, the latter of which quarterbacked an SEC Championship team. Granted, these came from further back, but nevertheless, warrant consideration. Some of the "other" Auburn Greats:

Lloyd Nix

Randy Campbell

Jimmy Sidle, to name a few. :cheer:

i watch tons of games from the randy campbell days. god love him for leading some great auburn teams. he was smart, knew where to go with the football, but honestly, he couldn't hold jason's jock. jason's faster and he can throw it past the line of scrimmage with a degree of accuracy. watching some of randy's games, i question at times if he could consistently hit the center after taking his drop. he led great teams, but the talent was behind him in the bone.

Jason Campbell

Pat sullivan

D. Craig

Randy Campbell (yeah...I know he didn't pass much...but he was a GREAT QB running that triple option!)

QB of the 1957 MNC team...and I could kick myself for forgetting his name!!!

Burger, Slack, Washington, Nix, etc.

:au:

#1 Pat Sullivan..The MIGHTIEST Tiger of them all.

#2 Jeff Burger.....Great leader and helped put AU back on the map.

#3 Jason C... Great leader and GREAT player. (His best days are STILL AHEAD.)

#4 Reggie Slack

#5 D. Craig

you realize that statistically, JC's 2004 season blows away Pat Sullivan's Heisman Season.

I still thing D. Craig was the best QB I have ever seen wear an AU uniform. He is the only QB since the 90's began who could have led Auburn to an SEC CC Game appearance in 1997 with the rest of that offense. Jason would have struggled big time.

That being said, I don't know how DC would have performed in this year's offense (i.e. accuracy and efficiency) . .

I can't bring myself to argue with a Heisman Trophy--not to mention that "Sullivan-to-Beasley" was one of the sweetest sounds of my high school days--so I can't put Jason ahead of Pat Sullivan..

BUT! ...I bet if Jason had had Al Borges as his coach for his entire four years, he would have one of those little statues himself!

...I also think if Borges will stick around for his whole career, Brandon Cox will start showing up on some folks' lists

Archived