Playoff poll discussion here (merged threads)

tigerman1186

Guest jojo1515

Someone tell Takeo Spikes not to say "War ******* Eagle" to his face

Just because Takeo is big and mean doesn't mean he represents AU well when he says that. This board rips apart bama fans for being classless when saying rmft but wfe is acceptable? Ok I got it lol.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think bammer's one-point win over Arky hurt them, as it should have. Their 14 point win over Tennessee, who is now 0-4 in the SEC didn't help them either. It looks like, for now, the committee is doing their homework.

I'm still not convinced that an SEC team that doesn't win the conference will be in when the dust settles, but today's results are encouraging.

Nothing finer than being at the gym surrounded by open mouthed Bammers who said, upon watching the rankings unfold with Auburn as #3, "Man, I just got a CHILL!" Obstinate me, can't decide if I am happier to see Auburn's effort and substance recognized where it is more...or if I am happier to see the effect of such silence the rabble. Maybe I don't have to choose...

:wareagle:

Well, it's cool being "in" right now despite the fact that "in" is actually nowhere at this stage. Since its the first one, we'll be associated with the top 4 and in the history books I guess which is cool. Doesn't change anything as we obviously still have to win on the field but I'd rather be thought of as among the elite than not any day. Gonna be a big game Saturday!

Being "in" at this point means that all we have to do is win the one game playoff every week to be "in" at the end.

I think bammer's one-point win over Arky hurt them, as it should have. Their 14 point win over Tennessee, who is now 0-4 in the SEC didn't help them either. It looks like, for now, the committee is doing their homework.

I'm still not convinced that an SEC team that doesn't win the conference will be in when the dust settles, but today's results are encouraging.

The difference between the Committee's poll and others (e.g. AP) is that they have stated criteria with which to examine and a protocol to follow. This is a big deal because all the other polls just depended upon collective opinions with whatever criteria each pollster individually wanted to use. Interesting ... but (currently) undefeated Marshall didn't even get a mention from the committee.

Was not expecting Ole Miss 4th! To be honest, I was not expecting Auburn in the top 4, I thought maybe 5 or 6 for AU.

So nice to finally be getting the respect we have so long deserved!

Thank you Coach Dye, Coach Tubb's and of course many, many thanks to Gus, staff and players for the tireless work that got us here! Now let's continue to work hard, to stay here!

Was not expecting Ole Miss 4th! To be honest, I was not expecting Auburn in the top 4, I thought maybe 5 or 6 for AU.

So nice to finally be getting the respect we have so long deserved!

Thank you Coach Dye, Coach Tubb's and of course many, many thanks to Gus, staff and players for the tireless work that got us here! Now let's continue to work hard, to stay here!

This^^

Well, it's cool being "in" right now despite the fact that "in" is actually nowhere at this stage. Since its the first one, we'll be associated with the top 4 and in the history books I guess which is cool. Doesn't change anything as we obviously still have to win on the field but I'd rather be thought of as among the elite than not any day. Gonna be a big game Saturday!

Being "in" at this point means that all we have to do is win the one game playoff every week to be "in" at the end.

You would think so and that is more than likely true, but you never really know when you are dealing with people's opinions- and thats what this whole things is about I guess- the committees collective opinion. We just gotta win though and let the pieces fall as they may.

If we win out and still don't win the SEC we WILL be in. Wins over KSU, UGA, Miss, and Bama on the road. Home win over LSU. 11-1 and 7-1 in the SEC. Top 5 SOS. No possible way u can leave a team with that resume out. Only way is is three other conferences end up with 1 loss teams and its not likely. Even still I would have AU's resume over Oregon's.

Why has BSPN been advertising that they would not know the outcome until they showed it on the air at 7 when others were getting the news before the show. I appoligize for failing to read past page 5 before I commented. Anyway I like how the committee is going. Head to head will count and who you win and lose against will count. Running up the score with your first string in the game will not. I think our win against LSU should and did carry more weight than uat's run up against TAM. At this point I have more faith in the committee than I ever did in the other polls. W*E (For those that might be offended).

Bro I hate Bama as much as any but that Bama score was 45-0 at the half so they didn't really run it up. Our win over LSU should hold more weight simply because LSU is better than A&M

The difference between the Committee's poll and others (e.g. AP) is that they have stated criteria with which to examine and a protocol to follow. This is a big deal because all the other polls just depended upon collective opinions with whatever criteria each pollster individually wanted to use. Interesting ... but (currently) undefeated Marshall didn't even get a mention from the committee.

I am gonna DVR Finebaum for the first time tomorrow. :popcorn: Should be a great show

Practically, took the words from my mouth. Predicting, the nut tree will be in full harvest tomorrow.

What....these guys don't get the Finestboob on the SEC* . Didn't they get the memo, finest collection (plate) of college talent around, best coach'n money can buy. How dare they overlook the best press machine in the business. How dare they! Heaven help they live in a two story or have trees in their yard, cause like Neil said they, "Swing low... down in Ala'bam".

* Disney/ESPN/SEC (if you wish upon) Network

I am gonna DVR Finebaum for the first time tomorrow. :popcorn: Should be a great show

Practically, took the words from my mouth. Predicting, the nut tree will be in full harvest tomorrow.

What....these guys don't get the Finestboob on the SEC* . Didn't they get the memo, finest collection (plate) of college talent around, best coach'n AND PLAYERS money can buy. How dare they overlook the best press machine in the business. How dare they! Heaven help they live in a two story or have trees in their yard, cause like Neil said they, "Swing low... down in Ala'bam".

* Disney/ESPN/SEC (if you wish upon) Network

FIFY

I love that AUBURN is in the first poll and the turds are not. I know the road ahead for AUBURN is rough but WE are in for now and turds are not.

I love how the committee doesn't appear to be affected by the brand name schools. They are not trying to project where people will be ranked at the end if the year either. They are judging teams on what has happened so far this year. And that is the way it should be!

Hey, at the very least... Auburn is now an official answer on the ultimate College Football Playoff trivia game.

My top 10 guess:

Miss State

FSU

Oregon

Auburn

Bama

MSU

Notre Dame

K-State

TCU

UGA

The only crack smoking I see there is expecting them to put us above bama.

Maybe the committee was smoking crack?

Maybe I was, since I didn't even have Ole Miss in the top 10! No doubt I was influenced by our win against LSU and LSU's defeat of Ole Miss.

But I like the way things are set up this week -- with us at 3 and Ole Miss at 4. The winner will likely stay in, and the loser drop (maybe even out of the top 10). It's going to be really interesting to see what the Committee's polls look like from week to week, though. I can imagine much more volatility in their rankings. They may well not assume that someone can't jump way up with a big win, for instance. So, count me as one that's not 100% convinced that we are in the final four even if we win out.

Should Bama pull for us or Ole Miss this weekend? I think us, since they still have a chance to play us. I bet they won't do it, though.

As a fan I may be one of a few but I don't think Auburn has played well enough to be in that top 4. It doesn't matter either way as there are games to play but like bama, we haven't played very well this year and have a few more losses ahead if we don't get a lot better and figure out how to generate a pass rush.

Bama will light us up with Amari Cooper if we let sims relax in the pocket.

As a fan I may be one of a few but I don't think Auburn has played well enough to be in that top 4. It doesn't matter either way as there are games to play but like bama, we haven't played very well this year and have a few more losses ahead if we don't get a lot better and figure out how to generate a pass rush.

Bama is the team that scares me the most, at this point. I think we match up really well with Georgia, which is a running team. Ole Miss isn't consistent enough on offense to beat us, I believe (of course, we'll soon see). aTm could make it interesting, perhaps even something like last year's game or the USCe game this year. But their D will not stop us.

So, Bama is the biggest threat right now.

Bama is the team that scares me the most, at this point. I think we match up really well with Georgia, which is a running team. Ole Miss isn't consistent enough on offense to beat us, I believe (of course, we'll soon see). aTm could make it interesting, perhaps even something like last year's game or the USCe game this year. But their D will not stop us.

UGA can throw the ball well enough and without a pass rush, they will have success against us. The poll will work itself out. If we step it up and do what we have to in order to win the remaining games, we will be in great shape. I have no idea what to expect from this bunch.

But who would you rank ahead of AU? I agree we have to play better to win out. But every team looks to have problems to me. So based on the games that have been played I think you'd be hard pressed to find a one loss team with a better resume than AU.

I think UGA is the biggest threat. Always a tough game. Ole Miss could very well beat us this weekend, but with their O-line we may actually get a pass rush sealing their fate. When it comes to bama - stop cooper and you win. That is what Ole Miss did. 9-90-0 with a long of 30. The 8-60 tells you they didnt let him get loose on the screen pass.

I really think it comes down to this. Our Off. is good enought to beat anyone left on the schedule but if we don't find a pass rush we lose at least two of our remaining games. Most likely UA and Ga.

I too am in the boat of doubt. However, we may be falling into the trap that the committee said they would not, and that is pre-conceived biases. We watch every Auburn snap and are painfully aware of every shortcoming this team may have. The truth of the matter is that EVERY team has flaws. Obviously the committee believes we have fewer un-fixable issues than most every other team in the country. That top 4 will probably look drastically different in two months. I trust this coaching staff to continue to improve this team enough to win out.

UGA can throw the ball well enough and without a pass rush, they will have success against us. The poll will work itself out. If we step it up and do what we have to in order to win the remaining games, we will be in great shape. I have no idea what to expect from this bunch.

I'm not suggesting we'll shut UGA out. But their offense is much more run-heavy than it was in the past. In fact, they run the ball almost twice as often as the pass it. For comparison, LSU runs the ball a bit more than twice as often as they attempt a pass; Carolina is more pass-heavy; Miss State is run-heavy, but Dak is a threat to run (unlike Hutson Mason), and we had too many mistakes against them to win.

Archived