Playoff poll discussion here (merged threads)

tigerman1186

WFE

Please remove the f in all posts from here on out. We are Auburn fans and we hold ourselves to a higher standard than including f words in our battle cry. Not to mention we are a family forum here. Thanks

Its a letter….

He didn't cuss, and we all have freedom of speech so thanks!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WFE

Please remove the f in all posts from here on out. We are Auburn fans and we hold ourselves to a higher standard than including f words in our battle cry. Not to mention we are a family forum here. Thanks

You would make a fantastic government official.

Thought the rankings came out at 7 did I miss something. If so where were they at ? TIA

1. Mississippi State
  2. Florida State
  3. Auburn
  4. Ole Miss
  5. Oregon
  6. Alabama
  7. TCU
  8. Michigan State
  9. Kansas State
  10. Notre Dame
  11. Georgia
  12. Arizona
  13. Baylor
  14. Arizona State
  15. Nebraska
  16. Ohio State
  17. Utah
  18. Oklahoma
  19. LSU
  20. West Virginia
  21. Clemson
  22. UCLA
  23. East Carolina
  24. Duke
  25. Louisville

It appears they are placing emphasis on who you beat and if you do have a loss, who was it against. Not caring about conference or how impressive your wins are.

I like it that way. Maybe value margin of win a little better but nitpicking is the most I can do to that formula

WFE

This now the AU .ootball .orum.

I love that CGM said he would not be watching tonight because at this point it doesn't matter. He doesn't expect to be in right now and said that wasn't unusual for us and this time of the year. He is keeping it real.

Correct, it does not matter. It might help in recruiting when recruits see a school listed at the top, but that's questionable. It actually puts a big bullseye on the top teams backs helping other teams get fired up to knock them off.

Other than that it's just practice for the ranking committee, fodder for the espn talking heads, and limited bragging rights for a few teams and a slap in the face for others.

Need to just ignore it and great ready for ole miss.

Why has BSPN been advertising that they would not know the outcome until they showed it on the air at 7 when others were getting the news before the show. I appoligize for failing to read past page 5 before I commented. Anyway I like how the committee is going. Head to head will count and who you win and lose against will count. Running up the score with your first string in the game will not. I think our win against LSU should and did carry more weight than uat's run up against TAM. At this point I have more faith in the committee than I ever did in the other polls. W*E (For those that might be offended).

Why has BSPN been advertising that they would not know the outcome until they showed it on the air at 7 when others were getting the news before the show. I appoligize for failing to read past page 5 before I commented. Anyway I like how the committee is going. Head to head will count and who you win and lose against will count. Running up the score with your first string in the game will not. I think our win against LSU should and did carry more weight than uat's run up against TAM. At this point I have more faith in the committee than I ever did in the other polls. W*E (For those that might be offended).

It aired live at 7:30 est.

WFE

you called?

You must have not gotten the memo. JoJo officially banned the letter "f," effective immediately.

?

WFE

This now the AU .ootball .orum.

I laughed. :laugh:

Although it is good to be recognized at this point, the most valuable outcome of the first playoff poll is seeing what they place importance on such as who you beat and who beat you if you have a loss. I have more faith in this committee than I thought I would. #WDE

WFE

Its up to you to assume what F means. F could mean War Flying Eagle.

FSU is undefeated and beat the #6/#7 team and SOS is 27th. Also beat the #21/#22 team. Unless something comes out that current players were ineligable to play in past games you can not put FSU out. Can't be bias just because you think certain players are immature or made some bad decisions. Now if something comes out eventually sure, but until then it wouldn't be fair to exclude them.

I think what? You've imagined an entire argument I never made. If fsu's already joke schedule goes even further south with clemson losing to spurrier and #10 Notre Dame losing a couple more, they could have NOBODY on their schedule finishing top 25. That and the very possible scenario of miss state, Auburn Oregon, and any of a number of other 1 loss teams winning out SHOULD put fsu outside the top 4 for the same reasons Marshall will be left out. Understand now?

WFE

Its a letter….

He didn't cuss, and we all have freedom of speech so thanks!

Pretty sure the first amendment doesn't apply to this message board.

My top 10 guess:

Miss State

FSU

Oregon

Auburn

Bama

MSU

Notre Dame

K-State

TCU

UGA

The only crack smoking I see there is expecting them to put us above bama.

Maybe the committee was smoking crack?

Gentlemen and Ladies, the College Football Playoff Tournament starts this Saturday. It is a one loss elimination tournament. Here we go!! War Eagle!!

Well, it's cool being "in" right now despite the fact that "in" is actually nowhere at this stage. Since its the first one, we'll be associated with the top 4 and in the history books I guess which is cool. Doesn't change anything as we obviously still have to win on the field but I'd rather be thought of as among the elite than not any day. Gonna be a big game Saturday!

Archived