Borge's use of the recievers

Erik81

One of the main things I've been impressed with about Borges is his attention to detail. I noticed that he not only finds weaknesses in opposing defenses, but he plays to the strengths of his players. I'm looking at recievers.

Aromashadu's speed and height and his agressiveness going after the ball are his strengths-he runs deep routes such as posts and gos-I can't think of anytime he has run short routes this year.

Taylor has the best hands of the receivers-he is the possession receiver and never runs routes more than 15 yards-that I can think of. He runs hitches, ins, outs, drags, and hooks-it also keeps him fresh not having to go deep-big plus on third down.

Obomanu is big and fast with good hands-just not as good as Taylor's-he does everything from deep routes to underneath routes and is the second possession reciever-most of the time he is the middle range reciever (10-15 yards downfield).

Mix does not have blazing speed but is a great 4th reciever and mostly runs drags and other shorter routes.

We do not throw to the TE too much but when we do Wallace runs short routes in the flats and over the middle, but sometimes on playfakes he will run a seam.

I am very curious how he plans to take pressure off the running game next year but I'm sure he has something in mind :thumbsup:

Based on what I'm hearing about Iron's and some of the stuff I've seen from Stewart and Tre he may not have to take too much pressure off the running game.

he definitely will-don't forget that we are losing two of the best backs in the history of Auburn football and replacing them with sophmores and freshmen.

I see potential in Lester being a good back if he gets stronger and learns how to read blocks, but I see Stewart being the workhorse and Smith working in and out with Watson and Lestor as situational backs.

I really hope we get Antonie Smith

Archived