2016 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (AU commit 12/17/15)

ellitor

I would be happy with those two and the one we have this year and then do the same next year with at least two stud DT's

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IDK what next years group looks like but there are a LOT of good ones this year and we have needs. Get'em while you can IMO.

I would be happy with those two and the one we have this year and then do the same next year with at least two stud DT's

Last year we heard "Don't worry, the '16 class is loaded with D-tackles and Auburn is in on a bunch of them". I'm waiting for the promised payoff.

Last year we heard "Don't worry, the '16 class is loaded with D-tackles and Auburn is in on a bunch of them". I'm waiting for the promised payoff.

If I remember correctly, we said the same thing about the 2015 class

At that time, it was an accurate statement. Things change...

At that time, it was an accurate statement. Things change...

Things do change, that's the point. Saying "next year will be great" is a loser's excuse. If the 2016 class is going to be great for us, as claimed, then I'm waiting for the payoff. Rounding up the 2016 class is going on right now. While there's still time, time IS passing and those promised recruits aren't yet lining up to sign with AU.

I am almost always with you Mikey,but what's up with the cynicism. I mean pretty much all we can do is wait, right? what other choice do we have other than to be patient and allow this to work itself out? I have to remember that as much as i want to make things work out, i really have no power to affect this thing called recruiting. It just sounds like you get frustrated because you feel powerless about the situation. Don't mean to sound like i am coming at you either, just wondering about the language you use sometimes, that;s all.

I am almost always with you Mikey,but what's up with the cynicism. I mean pretty much all we can do is wait, right? what other choice do we have other than to be patient and allow this to work itself out? I have to remember that as much as i want to make things work out, i really have no power to affect this thing called recruiting. It just sounds like you get frustrated because you feel powerless about the situation. Don't mean to sound like i am coming at you either, just wondering about the language you use sometimes, that;s all.

That's fair enough. I am frustrated by people, usually the same ones, saying that next year will be great at so-and-so a position, then it seems that next year never comes. For example, THIS was said to be our year to mop up at DT. I see other schools getting commitments from many of the prospects whose names were used to claim that we'd be "just fine" after this year.

So far, at positions of great need, we have one linebacker and zero DT's committed. While there is yet time, we are not keeping up with the Joneses. Or the UGA's, bammers, LSU's and the like.

That's fair enough. I am frustrated by people, usually the same ones, saying that next year will be great at so-and-so a position, then it seems that next year never comes. For example, THIS was said to be our year to mop up at DT. I see other schools getting commitments from many of the prospects whose names were used to claim that we'd be "just fine" after this year.

So far, at positions of great need, we have one linebacker and zero DT's committed. While there is yet time, we are not keeping up with the Joneses. Or the UGA's, bammers, LSU's and the like.

I agree, this recruiting is very frustrating for all the reasons you mentioned.

If I remember correctly, we said the same thing about the 2015 class

I think you mis-read what I said:

Translation:

When I said I would be happy with those two I was referring to Brown and Jackson in previous threads.

When I reviewed who we have so far I thought one of the DL's was a DT but I was wrong as are DE's so in addition to those two I want one more this year and something similar next year. I want that every year 2-3 DT's every year so you have depth and talent.

Antwuan tweeted that a decision is coming soon and Antwuan is an early enrollee. We need to get him.

It is between AU and Ohio State. Just hope he knows how depressing a place Ohio is.

This young man is a must have; I think he is visiting Ohio State this weekend but I think with his father being ill that he will stay close to home and come to Auburn; at least I really hope so anyway. I am still big on getting him and Brown.. One thing that everyone should see is that Muschamp has the defense headed in the right direction..

WAR EAGLE!!

We are going to clean house in 2017!! We are "in it" for all the DT's. I think we are getting 4 5* LB's. All of them!! :jossun:

You're so right, Carl. In fact, that's what she said last night year.

We are going to clean house in 2017!! We are "in it" for all the DT's. I think we are getting 4 5* LB's. All of them!! :jossun:

You're so right, Carl. In fact, that's what she said last night year.

Yeah, but...that's just like your opinion man.

In my opinion this is the most important position of need in recruiting

Can you stop bumping every recruit thread as well? You, A4E, and TimEagleWar all seem to have a knack for bumping random recruit threads for the hell of it.

Archived