2016 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (AU commit 12/17/15)

ellitor

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we lose Ant to OSU, this will be the first time I would be honestly disappointed in Garner. This is his guy and I can't imagine him losing Jackson.

If we lose out on AJ and the other DT's from Georgia on February 3rd, then I will be leading the petition to fire Rodney Garner on February 4th.

That's how those decisions are made. Petitions.

If we lose out on AJ and the other DT's from Georgia on February 3rd, then I will be leading the petition to fire Rodney Garner on February 4th.

Haha, yeah. After the way our DTs, Adams, Russell and others, just played against Louisville I don't think many people will want to "fire Rodney Garner." The DTs looked very good. You can get 'cruitin help, ie. Muschamp/Thompson/Robinson, just like they do for Rocker over at Georgia. The biggest thing these top DLs look at is how well the DL plays.

Lolz

Haha, yeah. After the way our DTs, Adams, Russell and others, just played against Louisville I don't think many people will want to "fire Rodney Garner." The DTs looked very good. You can get 'cruitin help, ie. Muschamp/Thompson/Robinson, just like they do for Rocker over at Georgia. The biggest thing these top DLs look at is how well the DL plays.

Garner had the DT's playing at an Elite level against Louisville. I am hoping that will influence a few of the DT's we are pursuing,

Garner had the DT's playing at an Elite level against Louisville. I am hoping that will influence a few of the DT's we are pursuing,

That I can agree with. DL play was the best I'd seen it in my life.

You're 10 years old?

Having Lawson out there makes a HUGE difference. His ability to beat single blockers, thus drawing extra focus, makes everyone else better. We just need to get the other guys up to his effort level.

You're 10 years old?

Sheesh, you didn't know? Clayton's just a young'n. He just comes across as mature online.

Having Lawson out there makes a HUGE difference. His ability to beat single blockers, thus drawing extra focus, makes everyone else better. We just need to get the other guys up to his effort level.

Even when Lawson was out in first half Adams and Russell were making plays. In the second half they still penetrated and flushed the QB. The only problem was nobody could catch the QB after he was flushed

Heck, add Swain and Lawrence to that list. They both looked very good and made plays. The defensive ends struggled to hold the edge. They looked like a group that had heard about the lack of a pass rush for a year and were hell bent on erasing that criticism in one game.

Heck, add Swain and Lawrence to that list. They both looked very good and made plays. The defensive ends struggled to hold the edge. They looked like a group that had heard about the lack of a pass rush for a year and were hell bent on erasing that criticism in one game.

Agreed.

Even when Lawson was out in first half Adams and Russell were making plays. In the second half they still penetrated and flushed the QB. The only problem was nobody could catch the QB after he was flushed

Told you guys that Russell was the real deal. And AU is expressing to Adams that every play he takes off is costing him lots and lots of money. Looks like Adams is listening.

Told you guys that Russell was the real deal. And AU is expressing to Adams that every play he takes off is costing him lots and lots of money. Looks like Adams is listening.

Auburn is expressing that to our whole defense.

Auburn is expressing that to our whole defense.

We may not have the depth but we have as much elite talent on the d than we've had since early 90's.. Three legit 1st round talents with Lawson, Trey and Monty.

I wonder if our defensive players are relieved to play in a defense that is much more aligned with pro defenses. I think it gives the players a smoother transition to the pros and the players realize that.

Archived