2016 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (AU commit 12/17/15)

ellitor

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urban isn't always like that. We did pick up a signee from tOSU because they were over the limit and Meyer dropped him.

Thanks! Back to 100% hate commitment.

Good.You'll have a generally happier and healthier life that way.

in the end, I think we get them both.....they can't sign until winter time sets in, in ohio....one trip up there in dec/jan will change their minds

Currently there is a 4* LB at OSU from Atlanta. His final two were OSU and Auburn. The name escapes me at the moment, but there's an NFL player from Coosa Central that chose Notre Dame over AU and UAT. It happens.

trey johnson

in the end, I think we get them both.....they can't sign until winter time sets in, in ohio....one trip up there in dec/jan will change their minds

Currently there is a 4* LB at OSU from Atlanta. His final two were OSU and Auburn. The name escapes me at the moment, but there's an NFL player from Coosa Central that chose Notre Dame over AU and UAT. It happens.

trey johnson

Pretty sure we would have signed him if we wouldn't have fired Roof. Until then he was ours to lose....

Lots of talk that OSU leads and that Mbem-Bosse is now waiting for an OSU offer as well lol......

I could see us losing Jackson to OSU, but I would be SHOCKED if Mbem-Bosse doesn't pick Auburn.

Problem is we need Jackson way more.

trey johnson

Trey had a career ending injury at OSU if I recall. At the time of his recruitment, I really hoped we would have signed him. Our change at DC probably had a huge impact on him going elsewhere. I think we keep Muschamp for another year at least so hopefully that will pull in Jackson at the end in Feb.

Trey has Arthritis and can't play anymore. OSU is honoring his scholarship and Trey is working with the team still.

Currently there is a 4* LB at OSU from Atlanta. His final two were OSU and Auburn. The name escapes me at the moment, but there's an NFL player from Coosa Central that chose Notre Dame over AU and UAT. It happens.helping with the team.

The kid your talking about from Atlanta, that went to Ohio State is no longer playing (Tre Johnson). He has arthritis and cant play anymore. Ohio State is honoring his scholly and he is helping with the team. He was great in HS.

http://www.elevenwar...se-of-arthritis

Ugh, don't give me reasons to not hate Urban Meyer.

;)

You don't have to stop hating on Urban Crier. He's put Johnson on the disabled list, which means that Johnson no longer counts against their 85 limit. Meyer didn't do anything he wasn't required to do by NCAA customs, if not outright rules.

Currently there is a 4* LB at OSU from Atlanta. His final two were OSU and Auburn. The name escapes me at the moment, but there's an NFL player from Coosa Central that chose Notre Dame over AU and UAT. It happens.helping with the team.

The kid your talking about from Atlanta, that went to Ohio State is no longer playing (Tre Johnson). He has arthritis and cant play anymore. Ohio State is honoring his scholly and he is helping with the team. He was great in HS.

;)

You don't have to stop hating on Urban Crier. He's put Johnson on the disabled list, which means that Johnson no longer counts against their 85 limit. Meyer didn't do anything he wasn't required to do by NCAA customs, if not outright rules.

Appreciate you guys. I need my villains.

;)

I'll give you bird

;)/>

You don't have to stop hating on Urban Crier. He's put Johnson on the disabled list, which means that Johnson no longer counts against their 85 limit.

I'll give you bird

I take it Bird showed up at your house uninvited yet again and is drinking all your beers.

"Jackson wants to visit again

According to reports, defensive tackle target Antwuan Jackson is going to try and visit Ohio State soon. By now, we all know the story behind Jackson. In short, after a great Friday Night Lights visit, he was planning to announce shortly after, but things were held up. Then, he was supposed to announce again last week, but elected to not do so. After camp in late July, things looked like they were trending towards Ohio State in a big way. However, since that momentum has kind of died down, some seem to think that Auburn is starting to fight their way back to the top of the list. What we do know is this is a two-team race and will be so for the rest of this recruitment. It'll either be Tigers or Buckeyes and if forced to pick one right now, we still think it will be Ohio State in the end. There is no set decision date for the future, but the Buckeyes will make him a top priority till the end."

This is from Ohio State recruiting reporters and read into it what you wish, but sounds like AJ is truly torn over his decision between Auburn and Ohio State.

Another good report from another Ohio State source www.elevenwarriors.com:

"A DECISION FOR JACKSON?

Late last week there was some speculation that one of Ohio State's top targets – defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson – would end his recruitment today. The country's 8th-ranked defensive tackle has visited Columbus twice this summer and since his last visit to campus, for Friday Night Lights, the speculation has been wildly positive for the Buckeyes. Some even believe that Jackson, all 6-foot-3 and 290 pounds of him, had actually committed to Ohio State during his first visit to the school in June. I've tried to get that rumor confirmed, but no one that I speak to near the Buckeyes has said that was the case.

Regardless, talking to people today – and it's 5:22 p.m. at this moment – the possibility of a Jackson commitment was real, but not imminent, and right now it appears it won't happen. Next week? Maybe, but that doesn't mean the Buckeyes have any idea of what the country's 47th-ranked prospect is thinking. In fact, one source told me that Jackson has gone relatively "quiet" in his communication with Ohio State, but that they didn't feel that was necessarily a negative in his recruitment.

Next week, Elysee Mbem-Bosse, a three-star middle linebacker and teammate of Jackson's at Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Georgia, is expected to commit to Auburn. Can the Tigers, who have been near the top for Jackson for a while now, reel in both? Auburn is very high on the list for five-star defensive tackles Rashan Gary and Derrick Brown and they're also near the top for another four-star from Georgia, Michail Carter. Marlon Davidson, a five-star defensive end from Montgomery is expected to pick Auburn as well and at almost 270 pounds, a move to the inside of the defensive line isn't out of the equation for him, either.

Bottom line is this: Jackson is considering a decision soon, and the Buckeyes have felt confident in their position with him for a while. That said, if he's gone somewhat quiet on them, it could be a sign that Auburn has regained traction. Maybe it's distance from home, maybe it's comfort with a coaching staff (at Auburn) where he's visited half-a-dozen times? Maybe Jackson has gone quiet on Auburn's staff as well while he makes his decision? Maybe the choice is still Ohio State and Jackson is looked for some intrigue? Jackson isn't really the type to talk much, so stay tuned."

Another good report from another Ohio State source www.elevenwarriors.com:

"A DECISION FOR JACKSON?

Late last week there was some speculation that one of Ohio State's top targets – defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson – would end his recruitment today. The country's 8th-ranked defensive tackle has visited Columbus twice this summer and since his last visit to campus, for Friday Night Lights, the speculation has been wildly positive for the Buckeyes. Some even believe that Jackson, all 6-foot-3 and 290 pounds of him, had actually committed to Ohio State during his first visit to the school in June. I've tried to get that rumor confirmed, but no one that I speak to near the Buckeyes has said that was the case.

Regardless, talking to people today – and it's 5:22 p.m. at this moment – the possibility of a Jackson commitment was real, but not imminent, and right now it appears it won't happen. Next week? Maybe, but that doesn't mean the Buckeyes have any idea of what the country's 47th-ranked prospect is thinking. In fact, one source told me that Jackson has gone relatively "quiet" in his communication with Ohio State, but that they didn't feel that was necessarily a negative in his recruitment.

Next week, Elysee Mbem-Bosse, a three-star middle linebacker and teammate of Jackson's at Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Georgia, is expected to commit to Auburn. Can the Tigers, who have been near the top for Jackson for a while now, reel in both? Auburn is very high on the list for five-star defensive tackles Rashan Gary and Derrick Brown and they're also near the top for another four-star from Georgia, Michail Carter. Marlon Davidson, a five-star defensive end from Montgomery is expected to pick Auburn as well and at almost 270 pounds, a move to the inside of the defensive line isn't out of the equation for him, either.

Bottom line is this: Jackson is considering a decision soon, and the Buckeyes have felt confident in their position with him for a while. That said, if he's gone somewhat quiet on them, it could be a sign that Auburn has regained traction. Maybe it's distance from home, maybe it's comfort with a coaching staff (at Auburn) where he's visited half-a-dozen times? Maybe Jackson has gone quiet on Auburn's staff as well while he makes his decision? Maybe the choice is still Ohio State and Jackson is looked for some intrigue? Jackson isn't really the type to talk much, so stay tuned."

Very interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Archived