Effect of Muschamp's firing

CameronCrazy

I just can't stress enough how important this hire is! If we lose Muschamp to South Carolina then that would be devastating. Muschamp would open the door for us to potentially land 5*'s Martez Ivey, Byron Cowart, and CeCe Jefferson, and 4*'s Jeffrey Holland, Adonis Thomas, and Roquan Smith. That doesn't even include the secondary recruits that will want on-board with Muschamp and T-Rob. Our recruiting would explode!

We have had trouble closing the deal with Muschamp twice in the past. Let's hope that Auburn is pursuing Muschamp with that same "won't take no for an answer" mentality that we showed while pursuing Pearl. And let's hope that the 3rd time is the charm to bring Coach Boom back home to the plains!

We need to tell Coach Hothead to crap or get off the pot. If he doesn't want to be at Auburn Gus will find somebody that does. There's nobody lining up to offer Muschamp head coaching or HCIW jobs. Who would want him? If a coach can't win at Florida, where can he win? Muschamp's future is as a DC and Auburn is as good a gig as he's likely to get at this point in time. If he wants aboard he needs to get aboard NOW.

^That. Quite frankly, I'm sort of ready for SOMEONE to be hired so we can stop all the ridiculousness in the Muschamp thread. I want Muschamp as bad as the next guy but this is getting annoying really.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't stress enough how important this hire is! If we lose Muschamp to South Carolina then that would be devastating. Muschamp would open the door for us to potentially land 5*'s Martez Ivey, Byron Cowart, and CeCe Jefferson, and 4*'s Jeffrey Holland, Adonis Thomas, and Roquan Smith. That doesn't even include the secondary recruits that will want on-board with Muschamp and T-Rob. Our recruiting would explode!

We have had trouble closing the deal with Muschamp twice in the past. Let's hope that Auburn is pursuing Muschamp with that same "won't take no for an answer" mentality that we showed while pursuing Pearl. And let's hope that the 3rd time is the charm to bring Coach Boom back home to the plains!

We need to tell Coach Hothead to crap or get off the pot. If he doesn't want to be at Auburn Gus will find somebody that does. There's nobody lining up to offer Muschamp head coaching or HCIW jobs. Who would want him? If a coach can't win at Florida, where can he win? Muschamp's future is as a DC and Auburn is as good a gig as he's likely to get at this point in time. If he wants aboard he needs to get aboard NOW.

^That. Quite frankly, I'm sort of ready for SOMEONE to be hired so we can stop all the ridiculousness in the Muschamp thread. I want Muschamp as bad as the next guy but this is getting annoying really.

...day 8 since we let CEJ go...EIGHT

...day 8 since we let CEJ go...EIGHT

Personally I think we should have hired a new DC at least a week or so before letting EJ go. IMHO

Jay Jacobs and Muschamp have a history and Muschamp will not return to Auburn as long as Jacobs is AD

You are wrong.

Jay Jacobs and Muschamp have a history and Muschamp will not return to Auburn as long as Jacobs is AD

You are wrong.

lmbo

You are wrong.

Egg on face.

Many on this board said that, he's far from the only one

You are wrong.

Egg on face.

Many on this board said that, he's far from the only one

And many on this board were 100% wrong. That stuff about tickets was not in the least bit accurate.

It's being reported that Miss St. DC Geoff Collins will follow Jim McElwain to Florida. This means that DJ Durkin will not be retained. If we bring Travaris Robinson and the DL coach to Auburn with Muschamp, then I feel great about chances to swing a Byron Cowart and Jeffrey Holland. I still think that Alabama is in the lead for CeCe Jefferson, but we could make a big push in January.

If we were to somehow convince Durkin to join Muschamp's staff at Auburn and get all 3 of his defensive assistants, then that would be awesome!!

Archived