Effect of Muschamp's firing

CameronCrazy

Jay Jacobs and Muschamp have a history and Muschamp will not return to Auburn as long as Jacobs is AD

I keep reading this over and over, What is the history?

Jacobs promised Muschamp a certain number of tickets to one of our games, then failed to come through. Hothead Muschamp got mad and left. Jacobs also promised the best coach in any sport in the history of this state that there would be some minor improvements made to the swimming facilities. When Jacobs didn't deliver, David Marsh, winner of 10 swimming national championships, left. Unlike Mushamp, Marsh is not a hothead, just an Auburn Man who thinks people should keep their word.

All coaches got 8 tickets to the bowl game in Atlanta. Muschamp originally asked for 18 and he got them. He then went back and demanded 12 more. When told no he got pissed. Resigned & went to Texas. End of story.

I've been hearing about the rift between CWM and JJ for years. I guess if you wait long enough, eventually you find out what happened.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“@BstrawRadio: Per my source in Gainesville, Florida has offered Ole Miss HC Hugh Feeze the Gators job. Freeze is “weighing his options."”

“@BstrawRadio: Source in Oxford confirms, that Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze has been offered the Florida job.”

If this is true, then hopefully it happens quick. We would definitely be back in it for Javon Patterson & Tony Bridges who are both Early Enrollees!

If this is true, then hopefully it happens quick. We would definitely be back in it for Javon Patterson & Tony Bridges who are both Early Enrollees!

Not necessarily. The motivating factors for them being Ole Miss commits are repping the state of Mississippi and keeping it on the football map, not Freeze so much even though he is an excellent recruiter. If Freeze were to leave it may not depend on who the new staff is if they'ew firmly entrenched in repping Mississippi.

They wouldn't follow him to UF? Seems that would be better for all parties. "Remember all that sales crap I pulled on you guys earlier about Ole Miss? Imagine doing that at FLORIDA."

They wouldn't follow him to UF? Seems that would be better for all parties. "Remember all that sales crap I pulled on you guys earlier about Ole Miss? Imagine doing that at FLORIDA."

On JP it depends on if the targets change given Florida's recruiting area. Bridges would not follow Freeze to Florida. It's either Rebs or AU for him.

On JP it depends on if the targets change given Florida's recruiting area. Bridges would not follow Freeze to Florida. It's either Rebs or AU for him.

Sounds good to me! Hopefully Freeze goes to the East and we won't have to face him and his recruiting every year.

so repping Miss. isnt as much a priority for Bridges then? There is Mississippi St.

so repping Miss. isnt as much a priority for Bridges then? There is Mississippi St.

I said Bridges Bridges would not follow Freeze to Florida. That is based off him wanting to rep Mississippi a lot, not less. Miss St is very very late to the party on Bridges. It would be highly unlikely he flips to them.

UF is going for an offensive minded coach regardless. IF AU brings in Muschamp and he brings some of his staff like T Rob, you would think this could help land or flip defensive recruits. Our lack of elite D recruits really concerns me

UF is going for an offensive minded coach regardless. IF AU brings in Muschamp and he brings some of his staff like T Rob, you would think this could help land or flip defensive recruits. Our lack of elite D recruits really concerns me

AU is not bringing in Muschamp and even in the very highly unlikely event they do, T'Rob is even more unlikely. He is comfortable at UF and word is he is expected to be retained by whoever is hired at UF as HC because of both excellent recruiting and DB play in recent years.

AU is not bringing in Muschamp and even in the very highly unlikely event they do, T'Rob is even more unlikely. He is comfortable at UF and word is he is expected to be retained by whoever is hired at UF as HC because of both excellent recruiting and DB play in recent years.

Regarding t-rob, Sometimes coaches make a clean sweep just to get there guys that are committed to their way. Not saying t-rob would not be retained but it is not set I stone like has been implied. A lot still to be determined.

Sounds good to me! Hopefully Freeze goes to the East and we won't have to face him and his recruiting every year.

If he took the UF job wouldn't we be in more recruiting battles each year? Seems like there's more overlap between AU and UF than AU and Ole Miss.

WDE!

If he took the UF job wouldn't we be in more recruiting battles each year? Seems like there's more overlap between AU and UF than AU and Ole Miss.

WDE!

Recruiting only wise yes. Still I'd rather deal with Freeze once every 6 years on the field instead of evry year.

A freeze in miss I don't care too much about. A freeze in Florida though may be hard to deal with. But if Doss becomes what I think at qb freeze may end up very difficult at ole miss as well

What are your thoughts on this based on the last few days?

Hey Will, your Auburn family is calling you home. Please answer the call and come back to the Plains.

For the record, "home" for Muschamp is UGA.

What are your thoughts on this based on the last few days?

We have an awful lot of experts around here who know for certain this thing or that thing is or is not going to happen. I'll grant you they have good sources for their information but this is one thing nobody knows for sure. Everybody has their opinion about what they think will happen but they don't know.

I just can't stress enough how important this hire is! If we lose Muschamp to South Carolina then that would be devastating. Muschamp would open the door for us to potentially land 5*'s Martez Ivey, Byron Cowart, and CeCe Jefferson, and 4*'s Jeffrey Holland, Adonis Thomas, and Roquan Smith. That doesn't even include the secondary recruits that will want on-board with Muschamp and T-Rob. Our recruiting would explode!

We have had trouble closing the deal with Muschamp twice in the past. Let's hope that Auburn is pursuing Muschamp with that same "won't take no for an answer" mentality that we showed while pursuing Pearl. And let's hope that the 3rd time is the charm to bring Coach Boom back home to the plains!

I just can't stress enough how important this hire is! If we lose Muschamp to South Carolina then that would be devastating. Muschamp would open the door for us to potentially land 5*'s Martez Ivey, Byron Cowart, and CeCe Jefferson, and 4*'s Jeffrey Holland, Adonis Thomas, and Roquan Smith. That doesn't even include the secondary recruits that will want on-board with Muschamp and T-Rob. Our recruiting would explode!

We have had trouble closing the deal with Muschamp twice in the past. Let's hope that Auburn is pursuing Muschamp with that same "won't take no for an answer" mentality that we showed while pursuing Pearl. And let's hope that the 3rd time is the charm to bring Coach Boom back home to the plains!

We need to tell Coach Hothead to crap or get off the pot. If he doesn't want to be at Auburn Gus will find somebody that does. There's nobody lining up to offer Muschamp head coaching or HCIW jobs. Who would want him? If a coach can't win at Florida, where can he win? Muschamp's future is as a DC and Auburn is as good a gig as he's likely to get at this point in time. If he wants aboard he needs to get aboard NOW.

Hey Will, your Auburn family is calling you home. Please answer the call and come back to the Plains.

He served the home team well as our DC.

He served the home team well as our DC.

Lol, I've heard many UGA fans commend him for being "the best dawg of all time" for ruining UF's program from the inside haha

Archived