Winston hearing

SawC4AU

Apparently winston gave a closing statement but refused to answer questions. If I am running a code of conduct hearing and everybody in question refuses to answer questions....immediate expulsion. If there is nothing to hide then answer questions. Otherwise you are essentially admitting guilt while refusing to cooperate. See ya. Apparently a ruling is expected in 2-3 weeks

FSU's policies permit silence during those hearings and, by law, silence is not an admission of guilt. That said, I agree with what you are saying, but action cannot be taken based on the silence.

He is a total scumbag.

They won't kick him out unless they lose to GT. I don't think the playoff committee lets a one loss FSU in, just my opinion. I think moral issues have been some of their rationing for FSU's placement. I am sure it is not supposed to be, but I feel it has been. That's the difference between a person and a computer, human instinct.

On a lighter note, my daughter and some of her Bammer friends introduced JimBo's niece to the term "criminole" yesterday. The niece has offered to obtain a Winston jersey for my daughter and have "criminole" placed on the back. I had a good giggle about all this, so glad they can all still get along and have some laughs about everything.

Yesterday a Tampa news station here said "10 School Days" until they give a judgment. Hmmm. I see what they're doing here.

I've been saying it all along, he'll be in the NFL combine when they officially kick him out of school to try and avoid the Title IX issues...

Fwiw my friends who go to FSU have known this girl for a while and they believe the claim to be bogus. However, what bothers me is the two players who watched it happen (consensual or not) and the authorities unwillingness to press charges

Iteresting. From what I've been told by a girl in the same sorority as she is they believe her whole heartedly. And that threats have been made against her and the entire sorority house. And that their vehicles have been vandalized for displaying their sorority letters, and when reported the police they informed that they shouldn't have them visible. Case closed.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess since he has not been guilty of any of the numerous counts that have been filed against him, he must be a perfect angel. He is a perfect angel who because of his status gets accused of things he had nothing to do with. He is a thug. As soon as he leaves FSU and gets in the real world he will not get the preferential treatment. I give him three months before he is in jail.

"In light of all the circumstances, I do not find the credibility of one story substantially stronger than that of the other. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses," he continued. "I cannot find with any confidence that the events as set forth by you, (the accuser), or a particular combination thereof is more probable than not as required to find you responsible for a violation of the Code."

Well that clears it right up....

I guess since he has not been guilty of any of the numerous counts that have been filed against him, he must be a perfect angel. He is a perfect angel who because of his status gets accused of things he had nothing to do with. He is a thug. As soon as he leaves FSU and gets in the real world he will not get the preferential treatment. I give him three months before he is in jail.

I agree. I don't see him in the NFL for long. He already thinks he's above the law. If someone in the NFL is stupid enough to take a risk on him, once he gets that money, he'll take it to a whole new level of illegal activity and stupidity. He's a total cancer. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he never plays a game in the nfl. I don't think he can stay out of trouble long enough.

No surprise. What was the "judge" to do? Declare him guilty now and put his and his family's life in jeopardy? Grant a continuance and declare him guilty after the bowl games and appear that he purposely delayed judgment for the good of fsu football (still in harm's way) or just declare him innocent now and only worry about how to spend his money. With this ruling, he can run for any office in Tallahassee.

Archived