Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not move RG to OL coach? Didn't he coach this while at UGA?

Are you saying Auburn should kick Grimes to the curb? Grimes has done an outstanding job, coaching & recruiting.

I'm terribly sorry, but ...WTF??

This thread has officially come off the tracks.

I thought Bo Pelini was going to be our LB coach.

There were some hangups with him not being able to bring his cat to meetings, etc. I don't have a link but my veterinarian went to school with his.

Not sure if it's going to happen now. =\

Well, the funniest thing is that the USCe Muschamp rumors are no more/less believable than the ones here. :headscratch: The speculation is just as much fun to read :popcorn:, though not as much fun as the self-loathing ND fan sites.

guys dial back the ridiculousness a bit. We do have a rule here against rumors. If you don't have a credible link for it, it doesn't belong here. The operative word is is CREDIBLE... In short:

NO LINK - NO POST....

Well...

You do realize that this entire thread is based on rumor, right? What makes those two cites credible? I mean, is Phillip Marshall really saying anything in that short piece? He doesn't even mention that he has a source for his guess. And does BFeldmanCBS always tweet in Cyrillic?

Meanwhile, there's a new (4 hours old) USCe Muschamp thread at 247 that's already 18 pages in length. Can't read it, but something is going on over there...

I think we're all in the same boat. We know nothing!

:gofig:

guys dial back the ridiculousness a bit. We do have a rule here against rumors. If you don't have a credible link for it, it doesn't belong here. The operative word is is CREDIBLE... In short:

NO LINK - NO POST....

Well...

You do realize that this entire thread is based on rumor, right? What makes those two cites credible? I mean, is Phillip Marshall really saying anything in that short piece? He doesn't even mention that he has a source for his guess. And does BFeldmanCBS always tweet in Cyrillic?

That's what always cracks me up bout message boards, this one included. Most of the posts are either rumor or opinion. It is allowed if somebody in the media is spreading the rumor. :laugh:

A Florida friend says Foley basically wants new coach to retain entact the defensive coaches and further specifically wants trob retained. Take it for what its worth.

I just simply cannot imagine that an AD would handcuff his new head coach to the former staff, and further cannot imageine that the new coach would except such terms of employment.

Why wouldn't Foley and McElwain want to keep the Defensive Staff in tact? Florida had a Top 5 Defense this season.

A Florida friend says Foley basically wants new coach to retain entact the defensive coaches and further specifically wants trob retained. Take it for what its worth.

I just simply cannot imagine that an AD would handcuff his new head coach to the former staff, and further cannot imageine that the new coach would except such terms of employment.

Why wouldn't Foley and McElwain want to keep the Defensive Staff in tact? Florida had a Top 5 Defense this season.

Because it is open market. I am sure he wants what he wants, but I doubt he get want he wants. He didnt in his HC hire.

Well I find this all very frustrating. Many of us thought the swiftness of the CEJ firing suggested WM had already been approached and some kind of prelim deal discussed. Recruits are told they will be very happy with the new hire. Then we hear it's a done deal except for possible assistants. Today the talk is that USCe has him. Meanwhile our D recruiting is waiting and desperately in need of a home run hire. Hope it ends well for us.

Well I find this all very frustrating. Many of us thought the swiftness of the CEJ firing suggested WM had already been approached and some kind of prelim deal discussed. Recruits are told they will be very happy with the new hire. Then we hear it's a done deal except for possible assistants. Today the talk is that USCe has him. Meanwhile our D recruiting is waiting and desperately in need of a home run hire. Hope it ends well for us.

So... Odom, then?

Patience, this is big business. It is not handled in hours, it is handled in days.

Patience, this is big business. It is not handled in hours, it is handled in days.

This

South Carolina isn't likely to be more appealing to WM if people think gus and boom wouldn't mesh Spurrier really wouldn't mesh with boom

Well, if South Carolina has hired him then I don't know what I am more impressed with: that they hired Will with very few people knowing about it or that they fired their previous Defensive Coordinator without ANYBODY knowing about it!

Ditto. Patience. Now if Auburn ends up getting played by Will.......there will be some upset people in the program! Lots of contracts and staffing to work through with both school. This isn't about Will anymore, it is the rest if the staff.

Maybe it's time to look elswhere. Maybe towards WI...DAVE ARANDA...top 20 defense this season.

I am starting to maybe agree with you, however my suggestion would HAVE to be Pat Narduzzi. Other teams go out and make splah hires. We need one. I'm sorry, but Odom and Bill Clark are NOT the answer. They may be the 2 best coaches, but its more about recruiting. I would have to think Narduzzi would be considered a splash hire to recruits

Saw this on twitter from AUCreed (since everything on the internet is true) but according to him the Muschamp deal is finalized but the SEC is making them wait until after the champ game this weekend to announce. T-Rob is coming with him and Rocker might come. Garner would move to special teams and mainly focus on recruiting

kind of doubt that one... If the SEC didn't want coaching search publicity competing with the SECCG they would have told Florida to hold off on its announcement yesterday.

Understand that Muschamp announcement will come next week. Some UF Def coaches are interviewing with McElwain. They will then be able to decide to stay or follow

him to AU. This is not from regurgitated Bleacher report and Rivals postings. For those that have to know, my sources on this are Warrior aka Midnight.

Mr. Darkside

Archived