Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

Fairley's only problem has been injury. He missed chunks of his first season with a broken foot, and he's going to miss the remainder of this season. If you saw him and Suh at the beginning of the season, you know he was absolutely playing at an elite level. Suh is the piece they built around. Nick was the guy that filled every gap. He played DT and situational DE. They were the best pair of tackles in the league.

I agree with this. Fairley has been good when he plays and he is bordering on excellent.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairley's only problem has been injury. He missed chunks of his first season with a broken foot, and he's going to miss the remainder of this season. If you saw him and Suh at the beginning of the season, you know he was absolutely playing at an elite level. Suh is the piece they built around. Nick was the guy that filled every gap. He played DT and situational DE. They were the best pair of tackles in the league.

He's not always been motivated to play up to the level he can. He can be a beast when he wants to be but there are times when he goes through the motions. He has not committed himself to be the absolute best he can be yet. Suh has said more than once that Nick can be much better than he is. He's got to want to though.

If we do land Muschamp, what a great athletic program we are putting together to make a nice run at some titles. One of the greatest offensive minds in football today teamed up with a defensive guy that is proven and great, a "splash" basketball coach that landed Auburn basketball in to the spot light (which we all know how hard that is to do), another "splash" in the baseball coach (which has yet to yield results but it's still early and I think it will soon), etc..... Just think not too long ago some folks were calling for Jacobs head.

This hire should not have any bearing on whether JJ should have a job. What ceo of any company that has hired and fired so many people, along with all the bad contracts, could still be running that company is beyond me.

If will wants to keep some of his peeps then where does garner go (our lead recruiter) and more importantly, how does garner feel about being overlooked for a dc opportunity. (May have wanted a look at being the dc)

This hire should not have any bearing on whether JJ should have a job. What ceo of any company that has hired and fired so many people, along with all the bad contracts, could still be running that company is beyond me.

If Jacobs could eff this thing up, you can bet he will.

If brains was lard, Jethro couldn't grease a pan.

If will wants to keep some of his peeps then where does garner go (our lead recruiter) and more importantly, how does garner feel about being overlooked for a dc opportunity. (May have wanted a look at being the dc)

Really? Not sure Im buying that "issue" but whatever

What CEO has never made a mistake? Would you not agree that our Big 3 athletic programs have bright futures based on the coaches that have now been hired? The GC hire was more on personal and I think JJ realized that, and thus that's where the committee came in, realized he couldn't screw up another major one. I think every athletic department has gone through the bad times and probably will again in the future. Hell look at the Dubose and Shula years for Bama. With the "splash" of Bruce Perl how secure do you think Anthony Grant feels? I just doubt we would have the optimistic view that we have now if JJ was fired a couple of years ago as a lot of folks were calling for. Not saying that all his decisions were good ones financial or personnel wise.

when is gus coming back from vacay?

Just don't tell me he took the staff duck hunting.

when is gus coming back from vacay?

Just don't tell me he took the staff duck hunting.

....That was in 2010.... :hellyeah:

The whole defense had bad technique all around: d-line, lb, db's. It's time they all get proper training, I've never seen bump and run coverage without jamming the receiver. Something we never did, lb's are not getting off blocks and plugging holes, and I don't see stunts or swim move technique from our d-line. Waaaaay past time for good fundamental football on d

Agree...hard to make a case for any of the current staff to stay IMO.....but guess that is up to CWM who should be allowed to select his staff....which could mean he might keep some current staff....or not.

Thought Gus was recruiting this week and vacation next week?

People were also saying Muschamp was on vacation.

No one knows much of anything.

I agree with what you know.

Thought Gus was recruiting this week and vacation next week?

People were also saying Muschamp was on vacation.

No one knows much of anything.

I agree with what you know.

Got a link for that?

The whole defense had bad technique all around: d-line, lb, db's. It's time they all get proper training, I've never seen bump and run coverage without jamming the receiver. Something we never did, lb's are not getting off blocks and plugging holes, and I don't see stunts or swim move technique from our d-line. Waaaaay past time for good fundamental football on d

Agree...hard to make a case for any of the current staff to stay IMO.....but guess that is up to CWM who should be allowed to select his staff....which could mean he might keep some current staff....or not.

I agree one hundred percent with our DC choosing his own staff. Any of our position coaches now may be the best of the best; but if they have no chemistry with our DC, thats a recipe for disaster.

Archived