Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The USCe stuff is BS. JC posted on their site last night he still expects him at AU. The HCIW is offered, but with him as a position coach, and Ward remaining as DC.

Go back and read above what PM said yesterday.

USCe mods last night started floating the HCIW waiting thing as a factor in all this. Most still think he's headed to Auburn.

I didn't see that it was even mods. Looked like it was just conjecture from some of the members. Please correct me if wrong, but I didn't see TM or anyone else coming through and confirming. I'm pretty pumped about the news from Warrior.

USCe mods last night started floating the HCIW waiting thing as a factor in all this. Most still think he's headed to Auburn.

I didn't see that it was even mods. Looked like it was just conjecture from some of the members. Please correct me if wrong, but I didn't see TM or anyone else coming through and confirming. I'm pretty pumped about the news from Warrior.

Exactly who is this Warrior fellow?

Historically been pretty dang accurate with what I've seen comes from him.

Was wondering the same

Well hopefully he lands on the plains and signs with Auburn. Then we make the announcement right before the SEC title game. That way the entire game it's scrolling across the bottom of the screen and all over Twitter. Bama did this to us a few years ago during the game. I don't remember what the heck they announced but I remember thinking, " those bastards!"

Well hopefully he lands on the plains and signs with Auburn. Then we make the announcement right before the SEC title game. That way the entire game it's scrolling across the bottom of the screen and all over Twitter. Bama did this to us a few years ago during the game. I don't remember what the heck they announced but I remember thinking, " those bastards!"

Feel like it was when McElwain left and they hired Nussmeier?

:no: :no: I hear he's hanging out with Linda May Dellenbach. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a friend whose wife walks Muschamps dog and she over heard him complaing about the fact that he wanted Bubble Yum on the sideline and Gus said we are a Double Bubble team so it is either that or nothing and then they got into it about the actual number of piece that could be chewed before a game. Champs said something to his wife like pfft I hid it in school from my teachers does he think he is better at catching people chewing gum I think not

I think the USC chatter is pure BS. No coach of Muschamp's caliber is going to let a school dictate who his defensive staff is....which is exactly what the USC board is saying. That makes ZERO sense whatsoever. Just shuffling the existing staff and making room for Muschamp. He's going to want to bring in his own people IMO. Why in hot Hades would he be ok with keeping the defensive staff that has completely failed this year? That would be like Auburn saying "Come on down Will....but Ellis and Co are staying and you can manage them now".

Will wants to rebuild his credentials and he's not going to do that without putting HIS defense with HIS staff on the field.

And why would Muschamp go for a "HCIW" title again when that obviously didn't work out for him before? And why would USC "guarantee" the HC spot when he just failed at a rival program?

I have a friend whose wife walks Muschamps dog and she over heard him complaing about the fact that he wanted Bubble Yum on the sideline and Gus said we are a Double Bubble team so it is either that or nothing and then they got into it about the actual number of piece that could be chewed before a game. Champs said something to his wife like pfft I hid it in school from my teachers does he think he is better at catching people chewing gum I think not

:Sing: :Sing: :Sing::bow:

I think the USC chatter is pure BS. No coach of Muschamp's caliber is going to let a school dictate who his defensive staff is....which is exactly what the USC board is saying. That makes ZERO sense whatsoever. Just shuffling the existing staff and making room for Muschamp. He's going to want to bring in his own people IMO. Why in hot Hades would he be ok with keeping the defensive staff that has completely failed this year? That would be like Auburn saying "Come on down Will....but Ellis and Co are staying and you can manage them now".

Will wants to rebuild his credentials and he's not going to do that without putting HIS defense with HIS staff on the field.

And why would Muschamp go for a "HCIW" title again when that obviously didn't work out for him before? And why would USC "guarantee" the HC spot when he just failed at a rival program?

If CWM truly believed the HCIW commitment and it was backed by a punitive payment agreement, he wouldn't really need to revive his D cred to super-high standards. To offer him a position lower than DC and force him to use current staff, USCe shows it's willing to accept less than stellar D improvements. That makes this a very cushy, very high dollar current situation for CWM plus a guaranteed future as HC.

So it's really like saying, "Come on down Will... We're gonna pay you $1.8 million or so a year to babysit Ellis and Co while you're waiting for that Head Coaching position to open up".

USCe claiming its a done deal for Will to USC

http://southcarolina...i8grdDI.twitter

USCe doesn't even have a freaking opening.

They are also re-tweeting Lorenzo Ward's "Welcome back Coach Ellis Johnson".

Pay no attention the schizophrenics in Columbia.

USCe claiming its a done deal for Will to USC

http://southcarolina...i8grdDI.twitter

USCe doesn't even have a freaking opening.

They are also re-tweeting Lorenzo Ward's "Welcome back Coach Ellis Johnson".

Pay no attention the schizophrenics in Columbia.

CEJ would be working for CWM.

From footballscoop.com:

"Will Muschamp: In response to a number of local reports that Will is close to signing an agreement at South Carolina, sources close to the situation tell us that is not accurate. We understand that Will is on vacation and won’t be making any decisions until he returns next week."

Source: http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

This sucks. Hope it isn't true. I really liked Boom first time he was here. I LOVE his intensity...

If true we should immediately fly up to East Lansing and take Narduzzi off the Spartins hands.

From footballscoop.com:

"Will Muschamp: In response to a number of local reports that Will is close to signing an agreement at South Carolina, sources close to the situation tell us that is not accurate. We understand that Will is on vacation and won’t be making any decisions until he returns next week."

Source: http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

How credible are they?

Archived