So based on POSTSEASON SEC Picks

Dual-Threat Rigby

AU was fairly underwhelming offensively.

Two first team picks in CAP and Dismukes

Two second team picks in Jonathan Jones and Sammie Coates

Two Honorable Mentions in Carlson and Wright

NO MENTION OF ARGUABLY THE SECOND BEST RECEIVER IN THE CONFERENCE D'HAQUILLE WILLIAMS

I'm surprised Coates was on 2nd team while Duke was left off. Seemed like Duke was or best WR this year.

AU was fairly underwhelming offensively.

Two first team picks in CAP and Dismukes

Two second team picks in Jonathan Jones and Sammie Coates

Two Honorable Mentions in Carlson and Wright

NO MENTION OF ARGUABLY THE SECOND BEST RECEIVER IN THE CONFERENCE D'HAQUILLE WILLIAMS

Bias exists unless you are the top dog. These awards are meaningless anymore. If your year, as an individual player, has been great, you should get awarded. Most of these awards go to players on a winning team.

I think Sammie and Duke were vastly underutilized this season. Deandrew White of bama caught 37 passes despite Cooper catching 115! Coates only caught 30 to Dukes 45. The two games Duke missed, Sammie caught 5 passes combined.

So Duke didn't even warrant an honorable mention? Wow, something is bad wrong with that.

It's also pretty disappointing that Nick couldn't muster any post season award recognition. A lot was made of him being the first returning QB Gus has ever had at the college level, I'm sure it's not the season he was hoping for.

So Duke didn't even warrant an honorable mention? Wow, something is bad wrong with that.

It's also pretty disappointing that Nick couldn't muster any post season award recognition. A lot was made of him being the first returning QB Gus has ever had at the college level, I'm sure it's not the season he was hoping for.

The entire offense wasn't what we were hoping with. Marshall looked "bad" for the most part of the first half of the season aside from the LSU game. And then he had a string of bad performances against Georgia and Samford. It doesn't stop with him though. THE OL was just as bad in the same span of time, and rarely gave the RBs enough of a push to go through any holes. Along with that Sammie was about as up a down player as any I've ever seen and rarely did anyone aside from Duke/Coates get enough looks to consistently blame them. I guess it is nice though that 5,870 yards is a down year for us though.

Who were the qb's that were chosen?

1st team Prescott, MSU. 2nd team Sims, UAT.

I homer for our players that are actually good but objectively I really think Marshall is better than both those guys

Who were the qb's that were chosen?

1st team Prescott, MSU. 2nd team Sims, UAT.

I homer for our players that are actually good but objectively I really think Marshall is better than both those guys

why? That seems right to me.

I expect Duke to be 1st team next year if he returns. I also expect to see Montavious Adams, Carl Lawson, Trey Matthews, Kris Frost, Austin Golson, and Avery Young on that list next year. A healthy Alex Kozan will make the list as well.

I know SCar throws more. but why is Pharaoh first team ?

Because without Pharoah their offense would've been practically anemic. He played QB in HS so was able to do a lot of wild-cat sets for them where he is a legitimate throwing threat, and losing Connor Shaw last year for Dylan Thompson left them with a far-less mobile quarterback. So you get the threat to run as a realistic issue for a defense, as well as decent accuracy throwing. If he wasn't such a good receiver (and sometimes PR and KR) then he'd have arguably been a better option at quarterback than Dylan. Took DT til halfway through the Clemson game to remember to try to throw the ball away if you're outta the pocket so you don't take the sack or risk the INT.

Without Pharoah Cooper, you lose pretty much all efficiency in your offense if you're South Carolina. Bottom Line.

I know SCar throws more. but why is Pharaoh first team ?

Because without Pharoah their offense would've been practically anemic. He played QB in HS so was able to do a lot of wild-cat sets for them where he is a legitimate throwing threat, and losing Connor Shaw last year for Dylan Thompson left them with a far-less mobile quarterback. So you get the threat to run as a realistic issue for a defense, as well as decent accuracy throwing. If he wasn't such a good receiver (and sometimes PR and KR) then he'd have arguably been a better option at quarterback than Dylan. Took DT til halfway through the Clemson game to remember to try to throw the ball away if you're outta the pocket so you don't take the sack or risk the INT.

Without Pharoah Cooper, you lose pretty much all efficiency in your offense if you're South Carolina. Bottom Line.

Good to know, I really didn't see much of him aside from him weaving through Auburn and South Carolina's defenses (who hasn't)

Archived