SEC and Instant replay...

PChamp119

Tho I am a fan of using technology if it exists - I can hear the complains already. What most people don't realize about instant replay is that you can only use it in certain circumstances. The times instant replay needs to be used most - it is not allowed because it would be a "judgement call," which cannot be reviewed. The Bama fans with their LSU complaint - wouldn't be reversed - because pass interference is non-reviewable. Instant Replay is mostly for ball positioning and if something was a fumble/catch.

I can see many instances where there are still much controversy and ppl being like, "well if we have instant replay, why don't we use it!"

I don't think you'd run into that. The NFL uses it and it can't be used to reverse pass interference and other judgment calls. I think the public is pretty used to the way it's employed.

One thing that would have happened is that one of UTs touchdowns in the SECCG would have been reversed because he trapped it. Ball hit the ground.

I'm not a fan of instant replay, because it can totally take momentem from a team that just gained it. For example, a fumble recovery for a TD, can be called back. Sometimes you'll get the breaks and other times you won't, but instant replay tries to make college football perfect. Maybe next we'll be calling penalties like holding on instant replays. :puke:

I'm not a fan of instant replay, because it can totally take momentem from a team that just gained it. For example, a fumble recovery for a TD, can be called back. Sometimes you'll get the breaks and other times you won't, but instant replay tries to make college football perfect. Maybe next we'll be calling penalties like holding on instant replays.

Understandable, but which is worse if you are a college team- losing momentum on a drive because of a controversial call, or losing a game because of a blown call. I dont like to see refs change the outcome of the game, and SEC officials have done just that, repeatedly, over the last few years.

Archived