Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

Wasn't there a mention of someone that coaches for Green Bay. I that is the case, then it makes sense we have not hired

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically, we don't need another coach if Muschamp coached linebackers. But if there was another hire, that would help out a lot with recruiting. Heck, I think Bama has about 5 assistants plus Smart and Saban coaching defense. The more coaches, the merrier.

I'm curious as to the holdup on last hire ... Any crazy crazy chance that an Oregon or osu coach is possible?

They don't have to hire another coach. One more would put Auburn at the maximum number of on field coaches but they have every position on defense covered right now if WM wants to coach linebackers.

While you are absolutely correct, it would be beyond STUPID to not hire another on field coach. Especially since the dead period is coming to an end.

Though I doubt we could get a coach from Oregon or Ohio State, it would be so awesome if coach Malzahn could pull off a huge surprise by horing a LB coach from one of those teams.

I'm pretty sure Malzahn wouldnt stoop to the level of prostitution just to get a LB coach from Oregon or Ohio ST.

:rimshot:

Though I doubt we could get a coach from Oregon or Ohio State, it would be so awesome if coach Malzahn could pull off a huge surprise by horing a LB coach from one of those teams.

I'm pretty sure Malzahn wouldnt stoop to the level of prostitution just to get a LB coach from Oregon or Ohio ST.

:rimshot:/>

Thanks I can't add the emoticon with my phone.

What reason would there be to not have a full coaching staff?

None. I literally shook my head reading that comment LOL. Obviously they will hire another coach, because there is zero reason not to.

What reason would there be to not have a full coaching staff?

None. I literally shook my head reading that comment LOL. Obviously they will hire another coach, because there is zero reason not to.

I never said they should not. I only said they don't have to. Just pointing out different scenarios that COULD happen.

I never said they should not. I only said they don't have to. Just pointing out different scenarios that COULD happen.

They DO have to hire another coach. Do you know why? Because we are in the business of competing. We didn't just fire three coaches and give Muschamp $1.6-1.8 million per year so that we could half-ass our way to running a football program.

The fact that you actually posted that is beyond belief. Yes, they do need to hire another coach because Auburn football is a business that is trying to succeed.

Why would Auburn not want a full coaching staff? that's like Florida only playing 11 games while everyone else played 12 this year.

They DO have to hire another coach. Do you know why? Because we are in the business of competing. We didn't just fire three coaches and give Muschamp $1.6-1.8 million per year so that we could half-ass our way to running a football program.

The fact that you actually posted that is beyond belief. Yes, they do need to hire another coach because Auburn football is a business that is trying to succeed.

Well excuse the hell out of me then. Next time I'll consult your highness before daring to post something.

Maybe coach Muschamp should talk to these guys.

Two more Ragin’ Cajun football assistant coaches have left UL, making it four since the start of the 2014 season and meaning none of head coach Mark Hudspeth’s original defensive staff members remain with the program.

UL confirmed Sunday that both defensive line coach Tim Edwards and interim outside linebackers coach Matt Wallerstedt “will not be returning” in 2015.

Durkin had a tough choice to make. Come to AU under will muschamp as a position coach or go be a dcoordinator at Michigan under another former boss in harbaugh.

How is that a tough choice? He's obviously going to take the DC job, hence why any idea of him coming here as a LB coach was absurd. He was never coming here.

Now your contradiction yourself, when I brought up the possibility of him coming here, you come out and say that it was nothing new and that the conversation had been going on before will was hired. Now u say it's absurd because he was never coming, lol.

Durkin as a possibility was nothing new. It had been speculated since Muschamp was hired. However that possibility was contingent upon him not receiving a major DC offer. Once Michigan offered DC, we no longer had the best offer on the table, and there was no difficult choice to be made.

Some of y'all acting like morons. Go eat a snickers bar and stop being so critical of people who may or may not have info that will eventually come to pass, or not.

Durkin had a tough choice to make. Come to AU under will muschamp as a position coach or go be a dcoordinator at Michigan under another former boss in harbaugh.

How is that a tough choice? He's obviously going to take the DC job, hence why any idea of him coming here as a LB coach was absurd. He was never coming here.

Now your contradiction yourself, when I brought up the possibility of him coming here, you come out and say that it was nothing new and that the conversation had been going on before will was hired. Now u say it's absurd because he was never coming, lol.

Durkin as a possibility was nothing new. It had been speculated since Muschamp was hired. However that possibility was contingent upon him not receiving a major DC offer. Once Michigan offered DC, we no longer had the best offer on the table, and there was no difficult choice to be made.

exactly^^. The only reason I said tough choice is because of his loyalty to will and harbaugh. WDE

exactly^^. The only reason I said tough choice is because of his loyalty to will and harbaugh. WDE

6, you said on several occasions that these hires would be epic and basically shake the college football world to its core. Who are these hires you were referring to??

this thread is starting to look like the muschamp thread on that friday afternoon in early december.

Is Rudy Ford kin to Dee Ford?

I think we need to get "Tickle" from the Destination America show called "Moonshiners." If this does not work out, we can go out and find "The Mother of all defensive coaches in America."

6, you said on several occasions that these hires would be epic and basically shake the college football world to its core. Who are these hires you were referring to??

Archived