Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hire John Lithgow off Varsity Blues . He was a hard nose guy. Won a lot of district titles

Jon Voight, unless I missed the scene where John Lithgow wouldn't let the football team go to the prom.

How is it a "tough choice" to decide between being a DC and a position coach when you've already been a DC? That's a no brainer. Not long after Muschamp fwas announced I read where several said Durkin was unlikely.

85% is pretty certain. Then he mocked PM and others for not reporting it. Perhaps they didn't report it because there was no substance to it? That's funny stuff.

Cooltiger are you we6's dad or brother? Lifelong friend?

How is it a "tough choice" to decide between being a DC and a position coach when you've already been a DC? That's a no brainer. Not long after Muschamp fwas announced I read where several said Durkin was unlikely.

85% is pretty certain. Then he mocked PM and others for not reporting it. Perhaps they didn't report it because there was no substance to it? That's funny stuff.

Durkin taking the DC position is probably the reason for the delay. More than likely he was our first choice. I see no need to mock posters who are just telling us what they hear. I'm thinking it was good info. Durkin has moved on. Time to go to the next man up.

Hire John Lithgow off Varsity Blues . He was a hard nose guy. Won a lot of district titles

Jon Voight, unless I missed the scene where John Lithgow wouldn't let the football team go to the prom.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Durkin taking the DC position is probably the reason for the delay. More than likely he was our first choice. I see no need to mock posters who are just telling us what they hear. I'm thinking it was good info. Durkin has moved on. Time to go to the next man up.

Do you think Durkin was waiting to see if the DC from Stanford was going to Michigan as the DC before making a decision?

Do you think Durkin was waiting to see if the DC from Stanford was going to Michigan as the DC before making a decision?

Assuming we even seriously offered Durkin, which is not a given, we were likely only ever a backup plan. He had successful DC experience, albeit somewhat limited, and likely had ambitions of remaining a DC in his next job. Joining our staff would have been a demotion for him, and he was only likely to come if he had exhausted every other option first.

It's more important to Tiger88 and chimes that WE6 be wrong and be proven to be a "fraud" than anything else. They were giddy when it was announced that Durkin was going to Michigan. I don't know 6 and wouldn't recognize him if I saw him on the street. Some people walk around with their nose stuck in the air and think they're better than anyone else. THEY are the real Auburn people and would like the rest of us to go away. It was personal to these two especially for some reason. To me it doesn't matter one whit if he's right or wrong or has a source or not. When I see people just start getting personal with things and going after someone who dared to challenge them I'll side with the one they're going after every time.

cooltigger21, I think maybe you're not familiar with wareagle6's body of work. Every single thread he has ever contributed to has become some version of what you've seen lately. A message board lynch mob didn't just spontaneously form for no reason. I blocked the dude months ago and he has still managed to make my experience on this website far less pleasant ever since.

Unless coach Muschamp is wanting LB coach from the NFL ranks, he should just go ahead and hire Travis Williams. That way those LB recruits would know who'd be coaching them next fall.

Travis Williams, one day, could be a very good LB coach. However, Auburn is not the place to learn on the job (Loeffler and his wopping one season as OC). His first big-time LB coaching position should not be at AU, IMO and he should move up the ladder instead of jumping right into the SEC as a position coach.

Travis Williams, one day, could be a very good LB coach. However, Auburn is not the place to learn on the job (Loeffler and his wopping one season as OC). His first big-time LB coaching position should not be at AU, IMO and he should move up the ladder instead of jumping right into the SEC as a position coach.

I agree.

wde

cooltigger21, I think maybe you're not familiar with wareagle6's body of work. Every single thread he has ever contributed to has become some version of what you've seen lately. A message board lynch mob didn't just spontaneously form for no reason. I blocked the dude months ago and he has still managed to make my experience on this website far less pleasant ever since.

Still, the whole silly little affair* validates the mandate for requiring verifiable sources. And silly* as we all know is impossible in a recruiting thread, as most all of it's reporting the rumor-mill...and would certainly make for some mighty dull reading... and curtail any real offerings of inside knowledge (or hearsay). Plus - what else do uber-fans do in the off-season, when lack of confrontation is in withdrawal **.

* yep - all mates - in the same bed

* silly - to get worked up over hearsay, presented as hearsay, (albeit some was offered as near-gospel-truths)

** and the need to hurt something just a keyboard away

It's more important to Tiger88 and chimes that WE6 be wrong and be proven to be a "fraud" than anything else. They were giddy when it was announced that Durkin was going to Michigan. I don't know 6 and wouldn't recognize him if I saw him on the street. Some people walk around with their nose stuck in the air and think they're better than anyone else. THEY are the real Auburn people and would like the rest of us to go away. It was personal to these two especially for some reason. To me it doesn't matter one whit if he's right or wrong or has a source or not. When I see people just start getting personal with things and going after someone who dared to challenge them I'll side with the one they're going after every time.

*snicker* Just because you keep singing a song doesn't mean it's right. The dude is here for a long time and no sources. All the sudden he has a huge source that's only two correct predictions have been extremely obvious to many before he made them. Now, for some reason he has a small legion of followers. It's just comical and proof that most people are sheep.

I haven't even commented on the doofuses big whiff on Durkin until I read him using the "logic" that 'it was a tough decision between being a position coach at AU and being a DC at UM' as justifying his miss on Durkin. That is just plain stupidity right there. It's a no brainer, not a tough decision. No one with any credibility on the internet was saying Durkin was heavily leaning towards AU that I'm aware of. Only we6 and his "source". He may want to drop that source and stick to mirroring overwhelming internet chatter.

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, or don't.

Still, the whole silly little affair* validates the mandate for requiring verifiable sources. And silly* as we all know is impossible in a recruiting thread, as most all of it's reporting the rumor-mill...and would certainly make for some mighty dull reading... and curtail any real offerings of inside knowledge (or hearsay). Plus - what else do uber-fans do in the off-season, when lack of confrontation is in withdrawal **.

* yep - all mates - in the same bed

* silly - to get worked up over hearsay, presented as hearsay, (albeit some was offered as near-gospel-truths)

** and the need to hurt something just a keyboard away

I spent some time interpreting this post, but I'm glad I did. :thumbsup:

Signing day is just around he corner. That's why I said maybe Will should go ahead and hire Travis to coach the linebackers. But if not Travis, then lets bring in a top coach. Maybe the linebacker coach at Ohio State or Michigan State.

I just don't agree with hiring an under-qualified individual for the sake of timing is more important than getting the right man for the job.

I just don't agree with hiring an under-qualified individual for the sake of timing is more important than getting the right man for the job.

Do you really think that's going to happen? I dont so, I see no justification for worrying about that.

I go on gut feelings most of the time. It is fun to do this in that I am wrong about 78% of the time. The other 22% has a 30% chance of being right 1/2 of the time.

Do you really think that's going to happen? I dont so, I see no justification for worrying about that.

Was replying to a poster who suggested Travis Williams should be the LB coach.

Was replying to a poster who suggested Travis Williams should be the LB coach.

I think its already been stated he isn't expected to return, however, he may be a really good coach. I have no idea if he is qualified or not.

I have seen Takeo Spikes name mentioned here ant there. Is this a possibility?

Archived