Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

agreed. if someone is passionate about something (AND has experience) they are generally good. as an example, i teach part time for a MBA program in Atlanta. i don't have a phD but i consistently get better reviews than tenured phDs. why? because i have actually worked in business/consulting for the past 25 years instead of teaching. i have some perspective. i am not a formally trained professor, but students enjoy my class and likely learn more. why would that same thing not apply to coaching?

i am not saying takeo is coming or even interested. but i guarantee if that man walked into your living room to recruit your son, he would have the respect and attention of everone within a 10 block radius. and his obvious passion for football and for auburn leads me to believe that if was not a good coach on day one he would kill himself until he was.

No we aren't actually. I think you missed the point too...see above

No you aren't what?

He's not coming here. Nor is he qualified. So what exactly is the discussion about?

That was the answer to the first question in your post to which I responded. No, I didn't say he is qualified, not qualified, coming here or not coming here. I was making a much larger point. See my post above to cooltigger21.

I will add this to simplify it. Experience alone (or lack of) does not qualify (or disqualify) a person.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To take a guy who has never coached a single down in his life and stick him in a situation like this, ok that is a great idea. I think it does disqualify him. You can't know how he'll be until he actually gets in there and does it. That is why they start out as a GA and then get their chance to move into a full time coaching position somewhere or else they start working at a small school somewhere and then work their way up.

If he could teach what he has learned over his career I could see him having moderate success, but IMO I do not think he has a great interest at this point, but who knows...

I have to believe that additional D coaches will be named but at this late date, CWM may be waiting until NSD to not tip the cart. I don't think were getting Rocker but Lawing could be a candidate.

I have to believe that additional D coaches will be named but at this late date, CWM may be waiting until NSD to not tip the cart. I don't think were getting Rocker but Lawing could be a candidate.

I would be extremely happy with either one since both would be an improvement over what we have although; we could have had Lawing on staff already should AU and Lawing been interested.

wde

but at this late date, CWM may be waiting until NSD to not tip the cart.

To not tip the cart? We need to hire a coach for recruiting purposes We are not waiting until NSD to hire a coach.

It will be done shortly. At the latest it will be after the coaching conference that is this weekend I believe.

Apparently Ron Sanders (247) just posted that he expects a LB coach to be hired shortly. This makes more sense to me than a 2nd DB coach. Under this configuration Muschamp would "roam" as opposed to actually focusing on a single position.

Did we just have a three page discussion on Takeo being lb coach? I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Yes. i just started back.

What does not tip the cart even mean?

I meant not replace or move a coach (RG) that has a relationship with a recruit until after to not risk losing that recruit. Probably not happening anyways

What about Kevin Steele for LBs?

his brother actually works in the athletic department at Auburn, at least he did. Jeff Steele is the director of Athletic Facilities.

What about Micheal Barrow? All of a sudden Hokanson, Phillip Marshall, JGT, etc are following him on twitter.

What about Michael Barrow? All of a sudden Hokanson, Phillip Marshall, JGT, etc are following him on twitter.

That would be a great choice, much more likely than Steele. Would give us another presence in Florida for recruiting purposes.

What about Michael Barrow? All of a sudden Hokanson, Phillip Marshall, JGT, etc are following him on twitter.

That would be a great choice, much more likely than Steele. Would give us another presence in Florida for recruiting purposes.

Exactly, he knows the Miami area well and he has put a lot of good linebackers on the field in the past. Would be a great hire!

Barrow coached both LB's and ST at The U. He would be a huge upgrade at AU in both.

However, last summer he took a leave of absents from coaching to take care of his mother who was ill. Seems to me before he would come to Auburn, her sitution would need to be resolved. Does anyone know what her status is?

Barrow was one mean SOB when he was playing. Whether coaching like that is what he does or if that's even a good way to coach is another question.

With Barrow on staff, he and T-Rob would be tough to beat in the Miami area for top prospects.

True and probably the whole state of Florida for that matter.

wde

Archived